Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor Empty
PostSubject: End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor   End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 9:31 pm

It appears to be official now that Jodie Whittaker is leaving the role and "showrunner" Chris Chibnall is leaving at the same time.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57940451

It seems a shame that Jodie Whittaker will not stay around long enough for another showrunner to give her incarnation a try. A lot of what I haven't liked about the past past 6 seasons comes down to the showrunners; either Moffat seeming to allow Capaldi run amok with silly ideas and then Chibnall producing a series of aimless scripts. Well, maybe not aimless as he definitely had a plan for the past season, but it is a plan that sidelined the stars and leaves me wondering if anything of consequence really happened.

I suppose this opens the door to wild speculation about new producers and a new star. Getting a new producer on board would seem to be the top priority so I can see 2022 transmitting and then a bit of a break while the "new producer" gets up to speed and in turn hires a new Doctor.

Chibnall took many such breaks to make sure his production was exactly what he wanted although it hardly seems to have helped him. I still don't know why a time travelling assassin tried to derail Rosa Parks, what happened to the tech billionaire in Spyfall, and why some random guy wandered into the season finale last year and told the Doctor to escape while he sacrificed himself to save the universe.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor   End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 5:02 pm

I'm not unhappy that she's leaving. But I'm glad the producer is leaving. The stories were/are just terrible.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor   End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 6:31 pm

I might be able to watch the show again.

Time will tell. It always does.
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

PostSubject: Re: End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor   End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 8:27 pm

I vote for Mark Gatiss to take over. I like Jodie's Doctor, but Chibnall was a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor   End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:33 am

Good bye and good riddance to both.

Here’s to 14!!!

Maybe the new companion(John Bishop) is the Valeyard and kills Jodie’s Doctor to be regenerated into himself and he has to stop himself from becoming evil.

See I just wrote a whole seasons plotline.

Back to top Go down

End of 13th Doctor - New 14th Doctor
Page 1 of 1