Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

13th Doctor gets 3 companions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: 13th Doctor gets 3 companions   Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Spoiler:

they are Graham, Ryan, Yasmin.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/22/new-doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-gets-three-companions-as-bradley-walsh-is-confirmed-7019370/

New Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker will be getting three companions when the new series begins.

The Broadchurch star was announced as the thirteenth Time Lord earlier this summer, with The Chase host Bradley Walsh rumoured to become her companion.

The news has now been confirmed with Bradley boarding the TARDIS in the role of Graham.

He’s not the only one, as former Hollyoaks stars Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole have also been cast as series regulars. Cole, who played Neil Cooper in Hollyoaks, will be playing Ryan, while Mandip’s character is called Yasmin.

Singer and Holby City actor Sharon D Clarke has also landed a part in what the BBC has called a ‘returning role’. Think Captain Jack or River Song.

Jodie, who is taking over the role from Peter Capaldi, said: ‘I am so excited to share this huge adventure with Mandip, Tosin and Bradley. It’s a dream team!’
New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker gets three companions as Bradley Walsh is confirmed
Jodie Whittaker is the thirteenth Doctor (Picture: Colin Hutton/BBC)

Bradley added: ‘I remember watching William Hartnell as the first Doctor. Black and white made it very scary for a youngster like myself. I was petrified but even though I’d watch most of it from behind the sofa through my fingers, I became a fan. I then queued up for ages to get into the Carlton picture house in Watford to watch the great Peter Cushing appear as the Doctor in a full length feature film made in glorious colour. Am I thrilled to be part of this whole ground breaking new dawn for the Doctor?? Oh yes!’
New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker gets three companions as Bradley Walsh is confirmed
Bradley Walsh presents ITV game show The Chase (Picture: ITV)

The BBC said in a statement: ‘New head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall, who made the decision to cast the first ever woman in the iconic role, is also shaking up who will travel with the Doctor in the Tardis, with a team of new characters’.

The SJW's can't Complain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6475
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor gets 3 companions   Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:18 pm

They also confirmed today that the new series will be 10, 50-minute episodes like what had been rumored...and it will start next fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor gets 3 companions   Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:36 pm

I really really hope that Bradley Walsh or Tosin Cole turn out to be The revealed Doctor and Jodie turns out to be a decoy. Does anyone have the lil pill to get me out of this Matrix and back into some Dimension where my Time Lord still exists?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor gets 3 companions   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:22 pm

In the past, writers had a difficult time keeping 4 main characters busy for a story. I'm not sure if it was a good idea to bring in 3 companions for the next season, unless the writing really picks up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor gets 3 companions   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 pm

That is assuming all 4 are in the TARDIS at the same time, no doubt someone will always be off doing something else.

Still with only 10 episodes not a lot of time to fill.

Still the ONLY thing I like about the new series of Nu Who is the TARDIS companions, at least that sounds interesting, at least until we learn there backgrounds
Back to top Go down
View user profile

13th Doctor gets 3 companions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: