Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)   Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Mayhem Comics is hosting a get together today from noon to 8:00. Sitting here chatting about Stephen Moffit right now.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)   Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:00 am

Busted Tardis. I was only able to enter IO for destination and ended up circling Jupiter. Looks like I'm staying in TN until it's fixed. Anyway, how did the discussions go and how is the writing for new series being accepted in the heartland?
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)   Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:15 pm

It was really fantastic. The group was mostly members of U.N.I.T., an Iowa-based fan community. We talked Who for a while, played the Top Trumps and Mini games, watched "Fatal Death", and had a rousing game of the "$100,000 Pyramid of Mars". These guys know their Who backwards and forwards - I could hold my own in the new series, but didn't have a chance on the classic stuff. I met the author/publisher of "A History", "I, Who" and a bunch of other fan guides. They finished up the night by driving over to PBS and hosted the call-a-thon for the Doctor Who block (I couldn't make it for that part :-( ). I had a great time. I don't know if anyone else in in the area, but I'll make sure to post earlier next time - it's well worth the drive.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)   Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Sounds like a great time, and they were mostly classic fans, so I have to ask, among these purists, how does the new series fare?
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)   Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Everyone seemed to be really big fans of the new show. We watched all the Moffat episodes (including Curse of the Fatal Death). We spent a while talking about the new season and season 2 of Torchwood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)   Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th) EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:31 am

any pictures?
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who get together in Des Moines today! (15th)
Page 1 of 1