Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...

Go down 
+6
Cruel Angel
thebreen
Bob1963
SeaDevil
Whooz
squishy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... Empty
PostSubject: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 9:44 pm

The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... 71v59m10
The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... Captur11

Be interesting to see how they have made the color recovered episodes look. Claws of Axos and Colony in Space are in my top 5 of Third Doctor stories, so I am well chuffed for this.  Only details on release are "Coming 2021"

Last edited by Whooz on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added release date sort of and additional picture)
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 11:01 pm

Yay!!! More Pertwee!!!

GREAT freakin' season, too!!!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 11:21 pm

Yay!!! More Delgado!!!

GREAT freakin' season, too!!!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NID_9KcWw  

2021 is looking to be a much better year for us already!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Here's the breakdown...from the press release...

Stranded on 20th Century Earth, the Third Doctor teams up with UNIT and new companion Jo Grant to thwart alien invasions! And that’s not all, he must also contend with the arrival of his deadliest foe – arch-nemesis the Master.

Battling Autons, Axons, an alien mind parasite and a mighty Daemon, the Doctor, Jo and UNIT must defend the Earth – and its future pioneers - in five action-packed adventures.

With all episodes newly remastered, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features including:

*Behind the Sofa - New episodes with Katy Manning, Stewart Bevan, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Sacha Dhawan and Anjli Mohindra.

*In Conversation - Matthew Sweet chats to companion Katy Manning.

*A Devils Weekend - Actors Katy Manning and John Levene take a personal trip back to the picturesque village of Aldbourne, 50 years after they recorded the Doctor Who story The Daemons there.

*The Direct Route - Doctor Who directors Michael Briant, Graeme Harper and Tim Combe take an epic road trip to all the filming locations from Season 8 as they discuss directing the show in the early 1970s.

*Terrance and Me - Lifelong Doctor Who fan, Frank Skinner sets out to meet the family, friends and colleagues of the late, much-loved writer, Terrance Dicks.

*Blu-Ray trailer - A specially shot mini-episode

*Extended Episode 1 of The Claws of Axos

*90-minute omnibus edition of The Daemons

*Immersive 5.1 surround sound on Terror of the Autons and The Daemons

*Optional updated special effects and CSO clean-up on Terror of the Autons

*Unseen studio footage

*Rare archive treats

*Convention footage

*HD photo galleries

*Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files

*The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD.

Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 pm

As of now Amazon UK is blocking pre orders from the United States and Canada on this release
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 1:54 am

I've decided to stick with the Region A discs for The Collection.  Too much stuff in my life to try and track down.  Although I've given up waiting for the animations (and then only on DVD) and have been getting the Region B Blu-rays for those.  But for those looking for the UK release of Season 8, best of luck finding a way to get a copy.

And given that trailer and a sneak peak at all those bonus items, I'm ready for this set to arrive!  Feb 23, 2021 in the UK, but how about the USA?
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Has anybody heard anything about when this will be released stateside?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Sadly...nope.

Typical.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 8:06 pm

I hope they’re not giving up on releasing the classic blu-ray sets in Region A / North America. Bad enough we didn’t get the fancy packaging and booklets, and the animated special edition dvds are MIA.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 pm

It seems to me like just about every one is giving up on distributing just about anything in Region A

Target paperbacks (new releases), Character Options, BBC Audio (Target books from the classic series)
and so on. You have to order just about everything but Dr. Who Monthly, Big Finish CD's and Eaglemoss direct from the UK these days.

is anything easily available in the USA any more as international postal delivery is becoming a night mare (not that domestic mail is any better) right now
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:48 pm

Yeah Bob1963 I wanted to order that updated version of Wiped! The Missing Doctor Who episodes book as it was only 15 Pounds, but the shipping was 35 pounds! SCREW THAT!
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 pm

I got that one when it first came out. I did a last month get that unofficial reprint of the Virgin Missing Adventures book Time Champion by Craig Hinton at it cost $50USD. $35 of which was postage but at least I received that package from the UK. My Big Finish package's are trapped in a time eddy.

Now Wiped is a good read so I would get it while you still can before it disappears like everything else on the internet
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 12:45 pm

I have the first edition of Wiped!, but wanted to get the updated one to see what new info was in it, of course since then there have been more changes made to the count.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 4:23 pm

Yeah that is the god thing about a lost episodes book, as more are found they keep going out date (which is a good thing). You might be able to find a copy on Amazon its been available long enough now that you might have some sellers wanting to move there copy
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 11:53 am

And after that... time to build high for happiness!

The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... 2g5n70k800010001

Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Not what I was hoping for.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Me neither. I was hoping for another season of Peter Davison.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 1:23 am

Unexpected, but I'm good with Season 24. Probably the one I re-watch the least as I think Sylvester and the producers had a much better idea of what they were doing in Seasons 25 and 26. Dragonfire is probably my favorite of this bunch, but watching the "alien hunt" with the two guards is always more cringe-inducing than I expect. I get over the initial Ace characterization and start liking the story, then the climb down the ladder, but the villains seem villainous, but then Glitz turns out more buffoon than cold-blooded criminal, but then he sells his crew, and then the alien hunt and I have to hide under a pillow, but then to Mr. Melty which is cool, but also the mysterious departure of Mel. All four of these stories have good and silly bits so none of them are either unwatchable or top favorites.

All the bonus and extended items look awesome so I'm not going to miss this one.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 1:28 am

Not my personal choice for the next release but I remember watching (and suffering threw) this release while assigned to the US Naval Air Station Cubi Point, Bataan Philippines in 1987. I had PAL VHS tapes sent in from London to the Fleet Post Office in San Francisco and onto Manila for land transportation to the base.

Still I have watched these episodes very few times since 1987 that for the most part there fresh to me.

And lets face it the bonus material is probably better than some of the actual individual episode's.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Me neither.  I was hoping for another season of Peter Davison.

Me too. Though I prefer they would go in order and do his second season, I thought
well maybe they would do his third. You would have Peri and Turlough and one episode of Colin for 6th Dr fans. Oh well, what do I know.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Well lik with the DVD range perhaps they are not going to save all the stinkers for the end of the line. If you were collecting during the VHS days they saved most of the weaker story's for the end and released them in one big bunch
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:09 pm

The season 24 set sounds great... I just wish there was news on a US release of this and the upcoming Pertwee set!
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:09 pm

Weird. The Big River has this set listed already with appropriate Region 1 art. But Pertwee's set so far MIA.

I did just invest in a region free player, maybe I'll end up switching.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...   The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:32 pm

I have several mutli region Blue Ray Players but getting pre orders of the latest Dr. Who Blue Ray Releases direct from the uK has become a night mare since last December.

Some say its because of Brexit but if that were true you would not be able to get other items from the UK. I a was able to pre order a TLV BBC Audio CD direct from the UK with no problems what's so ever. Same with the reprint of the lost BBC Missing Adventures Novel "Times Champion" pre ordered that from the UK as well and had no problem getting it. But current Blue Rays. . . .?
Back to top Go down

The next classic Doctor Who blu ray series release is...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next