Whooz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  Empty
PostSubject: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  81qvwg10

♦ Doctor Who And The Third Man: A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet. ♦ Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks. ♦ Five new instalments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panel Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer) and Joy Wilkinson (Writer). ♦ Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne. ♦ Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death. ♦ Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs. ♦ The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).

Last edited by Whooz on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated to include US cover and details of extras)
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 10:49 pm

NOW we're talking!  Bring it!!  

Pertwee RULES!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 am

And a fun little advert as well!
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Interesting but I don't feel I have to "own" this one.
I would have been more tempted to purchase a Jon Pertwee
Season if it was the one with Sarah Jane.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 pm

So excited!!!!

Love the Blu-Ray classics!

If they do a 6th Doctor set, I hope it's EVERYTHING for him. Otherwise, I'm most focused on 1st through 5th Doctors (personally).

Not saying they will do blu-ray for the first two...but if they do.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 pm

I'm going to have to reverse the polarity of my pay cheque flow!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 11:34 pm

You all have plenty of time to save up, it isn't arriving until OCTOBER! Shocked

They could release this in June and release the Season 26 set, (yes, people are already recording stuff for it) in October this year. It is rumored to be the next one released. We should have Quarterly if not Thrice a year releases of these.

And yes, I agree that Colin should be released as a complete set, along with Slipback. I do know they will be excluding the 'A Fix With Sontarans' skit due to the disgusting revelations of Jimmy Saville.

Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Fantastic! As nine would say, can't wait to own the set.
Back to top Go down
TrixieTiger1995
TrixieTiger1995

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 5:42 am

My only gripe with the set is that the US/Canada release date is October...when the UK's is July...3 months after? Not sure what's going through BBC America's heads at the moment.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 5:58 pm

It's even more puzzling if you think Season 23 is coming out in September and Season 26 for Christmas. Those are the rumors although it seems like an awful lot in only a short time. USA would seem to be falling behind the rest of the world.

Unlike BBC America commissioning a release for broadcast and wanting an exclusive window, I don't see the reason not to have a Region A release in July.
Back to top Go down
John Johnson
John Johnson

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptySun May 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Whooz wrote:
Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  81qvwg10

I wonder why the covers differ from the UK or Australian release?

Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  S-l1600
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 10 to be next Blu Release?    Series 10 to be next Blu Release?  EmptySun May 03, 2020 11:26 pm

I believe the Australian release (like the UK) has the corrected Pertwee head. The light source is coming from the left and is now consistent.

The US release uses the preliminary artwork. Someone pointed out to Lee Binding that the shadows on the face were the reverse of light shining on the hand. Not really possible for the shadows to be like this on a "real" photo. The UK/Aus release got the packaging corrected in time. The US did not.

That's what I remember from other forums. I know the artwork was corrected for some reason at the last minute.
Back to top Go down

Series 10 to be next Blu Release?
Page 1 of 1