Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Another Past Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm

The 10th and 11th Doctors find yet another past incarnation of himself.

Another Past Doctor Three_12
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:05 pm

God, no. Please not Voyager Smile

It is a nice pic, though.

Last edited by The Gene Lantern on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:10 pm

heck yeah.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Anybody else notice the ship computers in Doctor Who frequently use the same phrase as the medical programs in Star Trek? "Please state the nature of the emergency?"
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:49 am

Wow I must have really made an impact with my drawing...lol
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:37 pm

THE WORST IDEA........EVER!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Post no bills!

Last edited by The Gene Lantern on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:30 pm

I once had an idea for a series of Who/Trek crossovers. The gimmick was each Doctor would meet the Trek crew from a show or movie that was actually produced in their era. Docs 1-6 would interact with the original crew (the First Doctor would actually encounter the "Cage" Enterprise), 7 would get TNG, 8 DS9, and so on.

The ONLY crew that would not get to meet a Doctor -- and yes, even the J.J. crew would get the 10th -- was Voyager. That was their punishment. If you have to ask why they needed to be punished you've obviously never watched the show.Razz

But like the War Doc nowadays, they wouldn't be left out of the official line-up. My idea was: To help Voyager escape from some rubbish Daleks, the EMH had to convince them he was the genuine article. (It did like to play "dress-up" you know.) The story may or may not have had a happy ending, depending on your point of view.

Once I realized I was actually putting thought into the story, I dropped the whole project. Wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 pm

I just thought it was a rather funny pun. I somewhat liked Voyager but the EMH was by far the best on the show. In the end it was just a pic I drew that I found funny and enjoyed drawing it. I just guess constructive criticism has gone the way of the DoDo (the companion)...lol.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 12:09 am

Sorry...your picture is quite good. I guess I have a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to Voyager...I felt that through the course of the series, the show managed to quash any likeability the characters might have had. No excuse for me to go off on a rant just because of your picture or others' reactions to it though.
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 12:46 am

Thank you. I thought your comments were fine. Concise and relating your personal viewpoint. Much better than the rather juvenile ones Lenny and Squiggy left. That's a forum for you some people can be a tend rude.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:11 am

I just finished watching Critical Care and the doctor was brilliant.  Of course Living Witness is the definitive doctor episode from Voyager for me.  ( I still wonder if he ever made it back to Earth)

Great picture by the way, and I always get a little giggle from the unplugged walking toaster you have as your avi. Laughing
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:20 am

Thank you WW. That would be interesting to see his adventures in a novel. I have a few more drawing ideas. I'm want to do one where the Doctor teams up with the Scooby Doo gang. I'm just not sure which Doctor to use yet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:42 am

spacetimegeek wrote:
Thank you WW. That would be interesting to see his adventures in a novel. I have a few more drawing ideas. I'm want to do one where the Doctor teams up with the Scooby Doo gang. I'm just not sure which Doctor to use yet.
The 11th Doctor already has, at least that is what I consider the Victorian trio to be. (I am not a fan) although Straxx is pretty funny.

I would say Doctor 7 would be ideal to join up, not sure why maybe it has to do with Delta and the Bannermen.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 am

Just to clarify......my reaction was NOT to the the artist or their talent (which is great, btw!)

My reaction was to the cross over concept. I never really got on board with Star Trek. I love Star Wars - but Star Trek? Not so much.

Never really been a cross over fan, in general. Muddies the water - so to speak.
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:58 am

I understand completely. It's not for everyone (thank you btw).
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:48 am

This thread (starting with the picture) makes me smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:44 am

Just Scott wrote:
Just to clarify......my reaction was NOT to the the artist or their talent (which is great, btw!)

My reaction was to the cross over concept. I never really got on board with Star Trek. I love Star Wars - but Star Trek? Not so much.

Never really been a cross over fan, in general. Muddies the water - so to speak.
Yeah, sorry about upsetting you, sir. Your pic was very well drawn; just NOT at all a Voyager fan.

But I look forward to seeing your future efforts Smile
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 pm

It's all good in the Who. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:33 pm

WW wrote:
spacetimegeek wrote:
The 11th Doctor already has, at least that is what I consider the Victorian trio to be. (I am not a fan) although Straxx is pretty funny.

I would say Doctor 7 would be ideal to join up, not sure why maybe it has to do with Delta and the Bannermen.
I would be interested in hearing the 7th Doc's attempt to say "Ruh-roh."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Past Doctor   Another Past Doctor EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 4:39 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
WW wrote:
spacetimegeek wrote:

I would be interested in hearing the 7th Doc's attempt to say "Ruh-roh."
That Scottish rolling R could make that very intense Smile
Back to top Go down

Another Past Doctor
Page 1 of 1