Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Gravity (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Gravity (Spoilers)   Gravity (Spoilers) EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Possible spoilers:
(and for some reason, I can't find the spoiler tag function)

I just got back from a regular showing. (I get way too dizzy at 3D movies.) It was AMAZING to look at and an incredible fun ride. I will always be afraid whenever Marvin the Martian appears for now on.

It was very sad to see all of the destruction of the vehicles I have loved for so long.

But, preposterous situations almost ruined it for me, even splash-drown, which actually brought a few laughs from the theater. And I could almost buy ISS and Hubble together for some future reason, but the Chinese station too?

I wish there could have been a Dragon on ISS to use as a rescue, but maybe SpaceX wouldn't allow the use of their ship.

I did like the way Stone was a bit wobbly as she stood up at the end, her final battle with "Gravity" was just standing up.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Gravity (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gravity (Spoilers)   Gravity (Spoilers) EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 pm

I saw it in 3D simply because my local theater is only doing two 2D shows a day... and it was amazing. There were no bad shots for the extra D. I'd love to see it in IMAX 3D.

ISS and Hubble weren't together. They were about 100 miles apart. And the Chinese station was another 100 miles beyond there.

What was funny about the splashdown?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Gravity (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gravity (Spoilers)   Gravity (Spoilers) EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 pm

I saw the IMAX 3D on Sunday night. I enjoyed it. I wasn't too worried about what may or may not have been scientifically correct, just like I turn a blind eye to wobbly sets in Doctor Who...

It was a good ride. Very well filmed and very tense. The score really helped sell the tension.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Gravity (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gravity (Spoilers)   Gravity (Spoilers) EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 am

I thought it was a great experience. The science of it doesn't bother me too much. It was close enough. It was more about the journey of the central character, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Gravity (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gravity (Spoilers)   Gravity (Spoilers) EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 6:33 am

Calixar wrote:
I saw it in 3D simply because my local theater is only doing two 2D shows a day... and it was amazing. There were no bad shots for the extra D. I'd love to see it in IMAX 3D.

ISS and Hubble weren't together. They were about 100 miles apart. And the Chinese station was another 100 miles beyond there.
The fact that you could just fly from one to the other because they were only 100 miles apart is totally impossible. They are in different orbits. Even if they were in the same orbit, you can't just point your ship at them and blast your way there.

Calixar wrote:

What was funny about the splashdown?
Because after going through everything she had already, she makes it to Earth and she almost drowns in the capsule and in her suit.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Gravity (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gravity (Spoilers)   Gravity (Spoilers) EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 am

Ronpur wrote:
The fact that you could just fly from one to the other because they were only 100 miles apart is totally impossible.  They are in different orbits.  Even if they were in the same orbit, you can't just point your ship at them and blast your way there.
Okay, I see what you mean... yeah, there'd be a lot more math involved...

Quote :
Because after going through everything she had already, she makes it to Earth and she almost drowns in the capsule and in her suit.
Yes... I can't say I laughed, but irony of her almost drowning did occur to me. I understand her anxiousness to get to land, but she really should have waited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Gravity (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1