Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobartwhovian
Hobartwhovian

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Official 50th Anniversary Convention London Empty
PostSubject: Official 50th Anniversary Convention London   Official 50th Anniversary Convention London EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:42 pm

So we have been planning to go to London for the anniversary. This has been discussed with my friends and family for a few years now. Well, it is a reality. After the announcement made that there will be an official convention over the anniversary weekend, we have been excitedly planning how to get there, how long, etc. This week we purchased our tickets for flight and hotel for my younger brother, my oldest son, and I. We will be staying at a hotel closest to the convention center. By the way, it's located at Canary Wharf!!!! cheers

So now we are getting our passport applications in order and eagerly await the convention tickets to be made available for purchase! I just need advice as I have not been to London since 1991 and that was summer. I need info from UK residents regarding appropriate clothing for that time of year, information regarding travel from London to Cardiff for the Doctor Who experience, and recommended Must See places in London. Trafalgar Square, the Tower, and the Eye are definites. Maybe a picture at the steps of St. Paul's. Someone recommended a tour to Warwick(?) Castle. Any and all info is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Official 50th Anniversary Convention London   Official 50th Anniversary Convention London EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Well I don't live in London so I wouldn't be very good at recommending tourist destinations (however, I can recommend Warwick castle), but I can definitely tell you that you'll want to take some jumpers, coats, hats, scarves and gloves - especially if this winter is anything like the one that just passed. Razz

I'd really like to attend, too, but I'm not sure I'd be able to. Hope you have fun though! Take pictures, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Hobartwhovian
Hobartwhovian

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Official 50th Anniversary Convention London   Official 50th Anniversary Convention London EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 am

Scary- pictures are a definite must. I think my son's and my scarf will be good. I have an 18 ft Tom Baker scarf and his is 9 ft. So we're set there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 50th Anniversary Convention London   Official 50th Anniversary Convention London EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 am

I say check the weather forecast the week before and you should be fine.

Wish I could go to ole blitey for the anniversary. Get the young 'un a Tardis journal and have him write down all his Who experiences this year and then of course during the trip so he can tell your grandchildren one day.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Official 50th Anniversary Convention London   Official 50th Anniversary Convention London EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

So how many people wish they could hide in Hobartwhovian's suitcase for this trip??? Razz So green with envy - have a great time on our behalf and remember to post updates while you are there so we can experience it with you Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com

Official 50th Anniversary Convention London
Page 1 of 1