11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 pm

From an article on TV Line dated August 3rd, 2011.

Quote :
The 50th anniversary of the Doctor Who franchise is still a ways off — it arrives in 2013, to be exact — but the BBC series’ current executive producer has already started thinking about what promises to be “an amazing year” for Who fans.

“I’ve got various plans, but all I can say emphatically is it will be huge,” Steven Moffat tells TVLine.

Will viewers get an extra memorable season of the series, come 2013? Or will the anniversary extravaganza involve, say, stand-alone specials?

“It won’t be just one thing…. We’ll be doing lots of stuff,” is all Moffat would concede. “The plans are quite extensive, and changing all the time. Oh my God, we will hit that year very, very hard indeed.”

Noting that BBC execs “are fully committed” to his grand vision, he said, “There’s lot of decisions we’re making that are about making all that possible. It’ll be amazing.”

What of rumors that the Time Lords of the past — any combination of Tom Baker, Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant — will reunite for the occasion? And might other familiar faces from the past return?

“Possibly…. It’s so far in the future, it’s only a set of notions,” he replies, adding that he’s still got this year’s Christmas special to focus on before he gets to locking in plans for the big 5-0.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/doctor-who-50th-anniversary/
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 am

Yeah, Spring 2013 is only 20 months away. They need the scripts to be in development NOW. It certainly is not "so far in the future."
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 am

I would love to see a story where all of the Doctors get together, but I don't think it would really work if there was one although it would be fun. I was thinking about this the other day as I was trying to figure out what classic stories I would buy if given the chance. Out of the three muti Doctor stories that were done I think the only one that really worked well was The Three Doctors. Perhaps because it was really more like "The Two Doctors" before there was one and because they did not have a "cast of thousands so to speak" like the fun romp of The Five Doctors.

I think it would really be cool if they did separate specials that all tie together in the end that showcased one Doctor at a time. If that couldn't happen, I would love to see Paul McGann make a triumphant return to the role. It would be great to see him play the part and to provide more back story to what happened with the 8th Doctor before or during the Time War.

Just my two cents. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I think it would really be cool if they did separate specials that all tie together in the end that showcased one Doctor at a time.

I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Thinking more about it I don't know how it would be explained satisfactorily the apparent physical differences of some of the Doctors. Maybe they could come up with something like they did for the meeting of the 5th and 10th Doctors? That's one good thing about McGann never getting the chance to play the Doctor more than once. As a result, we don't know what the 8th Doctor looked like before he regenerated.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:18 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
That's one good thing about McGann never getting the chance to play the Doctor more than once. As a result, we don't know what the 8th Doctor looked like before he regenerated.

True. I guess there are some non-canon sources that suggest the 8th Doctor was one of his longer-lasting incarnations, so who knows how much he aged before regenerating? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Oh I've already seen it. That's right. I have a TARDIS of course. Don't question it. Razz

No but really...
I hope Tennant and McGann are in it!

That is all!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:19 pm

I would love for McCoy to be in it as well. I can see McGann sizing up McCoy and the other Doctors and then saying,

"My dress sense wasn't good before or after me I see!"
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm

I hope Tennant will be in it.. but he probably will be anyway.. I'd quite like to see Tom Baker come back...
What about the companions though?
I don't think I could stand any more of Rose, or Martha. If they brought Donna back it could be interesting.. and Tegan. PLEASE BRING TEGAN BACK.
I'd like Jo as well. Just a thought.

Shame about Sarah Jane though. It would have been awesome if she were there... there's going to be something sad about the entire thing now Elisabeth Sladen's jumped the hoop and gone to the other side. :/

Oh dear God, I might get crit for this, but if Steven Moffat writes it I'm not sure I'll like it too much. Let's just say he isn't my favourite writer. It better not be too mystery and weird.. more boom. Like Coronation Street, only better and more alien-y, if that's a word.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Dude,WheresMyTARDIS? wrote:
I might get crit for this, but if Steven Moffat writes it I'm not sure I'll like it too much. Let's just say he isn't my favourite writer.
I'm with you there. I hope there's a few specials and some other writers get a crack at it. I also hope they're stand alone stories so writers don't have one of Moffat's story arcs weighing them down.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Uncle Terrance could write it, maybe with Saward.
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Uncle Terrance could write it, maybe with Saward.

And you, my friend, are now officially awesome.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 pm

I would love Terrance to write it! And maybe Bob Baker, he's still writing. If the BBC are really intent on celebrating the history of the show, then something like this needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Chris Bidmead would be a good choice also, as well as Chris Boucher.
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:36 pm

rdks wrote:
If the BBC are really intent on celebrating the history of the show, then something like this needs to be done.

If Barry Letts were still around, he would be a great producer, me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Graham Harper should be the Director. Unless they can get Ridley Scott. Of course it would be a very smokey production.
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Or, us three could simply cast/produce/direct the entire thing ourselves.. we appear to be making a much better job than Moffat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 pm

I wouldnt mind. But honestly, I would not really try to get all the Doctors together, it isnt right with three already gone and Eccles highly unlikely to come back, unless a sizeable contribution to his favorite charity were made.

I had an idea for a convention piece with the 12th Doctor and Wilfred Mott sitting back reminiscing on the lives they have lived. The 12th talks about the past and how much he hoped he had done some good in the universe. It ends with Wilf going with the Doctor to see the opening of the Brighton Pavillion.
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Hmm, that does sound like a good idea to me. I mean, I'm no writer, but I'd watch/read your idea.

I have written several fan-fics but I haven't put them up anywhere. And they wouldn't happen because surprise surprise, they involve Sarah in quite a few of them.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Chris isn't gunna be in it, guys.... Sad

Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:13 pm

CO should definitely look at the merchandise potential if they did a series of episodes with a Doctor/Companion combo. It'd be a good way of getting a LOT of classic Companion figures out there.
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 pm

darn. I wasn't happy when I saw that. Chris was AWESOME. o.O
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

No, he was FANTASTIC! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 pm

I like your picture.. is that River Song or am I just stupid? bounce
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Not surprised at all, after some of the interviews I have read. But,he still loves to sign and meet fans which is cool. Wonder if he will ever do a convention?
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next