11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Meh, I won't miss him. He's 1 year in a 50 year history. Plenty of other things & people to celebrate who want to be involved.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:00 pm

rdks wrote:
Meh, I won't miss him. He's 1 year in a 50 year history. Plenty of other things & people to celebrate who want to be involved.
That's what I say. Sylvester and Paul have said they'd be open to coming back to celebrate, and I'm sure Tom, Peter, Colin, and David would want to be back.

And I'm sure being dead is the only thing keeping Patrick back.

If Chris doesn't want to, I guess he doesn't have to. It would be nice if he'd agree to do something, though. Even if they have a wonky multi-Doctor mini episode for a charity special and he just introduces it.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 pm

maybe i'm the only one who liked the 5 doctors, but they could do another one, and instead of tom baker being trapped in the black triangle of doom, fantastic 9 and rose could be trapped, thus explaining both of their absences.

as far as companions, 10 could have donna (rose being out, and martha being blah, this would take place during his 4th series timeline)

8, that would be hard, because you would be casting a big finish role for the first time in person. or from the books. or you could just have him. anyways....

7 could have ace (yes, they could both be older. i would even have them reminiscing like the 2nd doctor and the brig did in the 5 doctors).

so there you have it. my idea for the 5 doctor's part 2 (or b). 7-11 (with 9 and rose being kept in temporal stasus, i'm sure a lot of people will be glad i kept rose out of it).

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:41 am

They managed the 5 Doctors episode without Tom Baker. It isn't the end of the world. Sad though?!

Just a thought -

The episode starts. A scorched battle ground. Flames & carnage lie all around. We hear audio clips of Eccleston & Tennant speak of the Time War. The camera pans accross the baron wasteland & we see the TARDIS. The door opens & from the ground up, the camera focuses in on a pair of boots exiting the TARDIS. The camera pans up & through the smoke, we finally see McGann. CREDITS ROLL - we have our Time War feature length episode with 8th/9th regeneration tie in. FTW!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 am

Too long

Last edited by workstinx on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?
Dude,WheresMyTARDIS?

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Well that was a long post. But a good story. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:10 pm

I was just watching An Unearthly Child. We really need William Russel back as Ian. Regardless of what was said about not aging in SJA. Just imagine him meeting 11, and being so confused when he sees the TARDIS. He never knew of regenerations.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Ronpur wrote:
We really need William Russel back as Ian.
YES WE DO!

I've been hoping for an appearance since the show started back up in 2005. Even just passing him on the street and the Doctor looking back for a second... anything!

In my opinion it's more important for him to come back than for Carol Ann Ford to - she's already been back once on TV and a handful of audios (and it used to anger me that William Russell has worked for Big Finish - but not as Ian, until later this year).

I was mad when RTD threw that dumb line in SJA. It was nice to hear his name dropped but kind of messes up any future appearance he might have.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:46 am

In the 2012 Brilliant Book of Who, Moffat makes the following comment regarding the 50th anniversary -

"Epic, huge, massive, indulgent... all your treats at once. The BBC is committed to the 50th anniversary, everyone is committed to it... and I guarantee you it's going to be the best year ever to be a Doctor Who fan. We're going to be in production for longer than ever, just to do everything that we intend to do".
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Honestly, I don't listen to a word he says anymore. After this years series, and the budget cuts going into next year, I really wouldn't count on anything. He's like a parent telling you that X-mas will be great, and all you get are crummy pajamas. "thanks" dad.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Honestly, I don't listen to a word he says anymore. After this years series, and the budget cuts going into next year, I really wouldn't count on anything. He's like a parent telling you that X-mas will be great, and all you get are crummy pajamas. "thanks" dad.

Dude, we know you hate Moffat, but seriously...the budget cuts aren't his fault. That's just how the Beeb operates, and we all know it. And it's his job to keep people excited about the show, so he promises excitement.

Hate him for creative reasons if you must, but c'mon...don't be silly. And I say this with all due respect. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Respect taken, but I can be silly if i want to Razz.

I do feel (note the word feel, not fact) that ever since Piers Wenger left, Management and Moffat have not been on the same page. There have been press releases about how many episodes will be on next year. When they will be on, and let's not forget that Confidential was cut.

He can try to keep us excited, but if what I suspect is true (the new producer isn't exactly working hand in hand with Moffat, unlike what RTD had with the lovely Julie Gardner), than by the time the anniversary comes around, everything he said may be thrown out the window (not by him, but by the beeb).

Yes, these are all crazy theories. I admit that. However, I have a wait and see attitude now, not only with Moffat, but with the Beeb. It would truly be sad to see the anniversary year overlooked because of some sort of in-fighting.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:41 pm

As a thought, for the 50th Anniversary.

Make it a normal series, but the first ten episodes have some sort of link to the past. For example, the first episode requires Matt to go back to the same period as An Unearthly Child. Using Forest Gump style methods, we could actually put him and his Companion(s) into the original episode.

For the second, we remeet Jamie, and so on and so forth. It gradually builds into an epic storyline and the last three episodes form a trilogy and the various Doctors (1, 2, 3 and 9 can be trapped in Time Eddies or something) fighting off some big bad, maybe Omega.

Your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 2:14 am

I don't think that's such a good idea. It worked for DS9, but I don't think they could build a season around it. It'd cause too many continuity errors & paradoxes for one thing. More importantly, most fans would see this as a desecration of the original episodes. It's not a good way to highlight the strengths of the 11th Doc by shoehorning him into old serials. He could revisit some old locales/times, but it should be with brand new stories & footage ala Rememberance of the Daleks.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary    Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I don't think that's such a good idea. It worked for DS9, but I don't think they could build a season around it. It'd cause too many continuity errors & paradoxes for one thing. More importantly, most fans would see this as a desecration of the original episodes. It's not a good way to highlight the strengths of the 11th Doc by shoehorning him into old serials. He could revisit some old locales/times, but it should be with brand new stories & footage ala Rememberance of the Daleks.

I didn't mean for every episode, I just meant for the first episode.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2