bret_owen99
jaredofmo
Ronpur
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:46 pm

Cybermen with noses, I wonder how they will smell scratch

HORRBILE! lol!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JkPKZhXth7M

Retcon gone bad. wait for the end, and the wise words of Ian Malcom : Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:59 pm

IF that's true, it's official......Moffat's wheel is turning but the hamster's dead.
Seems like he wants to be despised by the fans.

Bad enough the Simpson's writers keep retconning the story on how Homer and Marge met.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Reading up on material, Hurt would make more sense as a future possibility. If Tennant represents who the Doctor was and Smith represents who the Doctor Is...Hurt might represent who the Doctor could be.

Maybe Hurt's the Doctor if the Doctor never used The Moment and instead convinces the Time Lords not to end all of Time? Or what if Hurt's not the Doctor at all, but the Time Lord who was opposite The White Lady from The End of Time? One of two Time Lords who voted against the proceedings?
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:50 am

From another website, spoilers ahead if true. Posted in white so as not to spoil it for anyone that does not want to know, just run your curser over to reveal text.

Before proceeding, we should add that while the following is claimed to be
from a BBC source, it might just have likely turned up in the Gallifrey
Base forum, or on Twitter or a mysterious, barely read Tumblr.

Okay, ready?

[spoiler title="The Truth About John Hurt"]

The Sun claims
that John Hurt will be playing the Doctor, a missing incarnation lost
in the Time War. However, they also throw in some Christopher Eccleston
mentions, with the implication being that he is somehow to blame for
this "new" Doctor - something which is clearly nonsense and would have
required very speedy rewrites.

According to their source/the forum post they read

John
will play the real Ninth Doctor. Christopher Eccleston has always been
thought of as the Ninth Doctor but now that John has been revealed as
the Ninth Doctor, it shuffles Eccleston’s Doctor to be the Tenth Time
Lord, Tennant the 11th and Smith the 12th.

It also means the Doctor’s time is running out as he can only regenerate 12 times.

Missing the well-remembered point by fans here - 12 regenerations means 13 lives!

Their source continues with a rationale as to why Hurt's "Doctor" was forgotten:

The
reason the Doctor has forgotten his ninth incarnation will become clear
but it’s to do with the Time War and his shame over his behaviour in
it.

Tennant
and Smith’s Doctors will at first refuse to accept Hurt is them — until
their sonic screwdrivers confirm it and announce, ‘He’s us. He’s the
ninth us’.

We would imagine that if this is in any way true, certain people at BBC Wales would be incandescent with rage.

I know I would be.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:17 am

Well, the the whole "Fall of the Eleventh" would be meaningless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:38 am

Calixar wrote:

It would make everything meaningless. I guess I just care too much about the show, past, present, and future. This isn't Red Dwarf, this isn't the Simpsons, this will have some sort of consequences in the fans and the shows history.

I don't want to go all 'Political' here (the forum, or the tv show) so I'm going to put my comments in a spoiler box

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:59 am

Would throw continuity out the window!! Unless he is an imposter or a Zygon.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:15 am

Ianotimelord wrote:
Would throw continuity out the window!! Unless he is an imposter or a Zygon.

I wouldn't mind either of those. However, what we might be 'overlooking' is that he might not only be the 'real' Doctor, but that everyone from Eccleston onwards has been an imposter! Yes, the entire new Series is a lie!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:47 am

Oh for God's sake... This is utterly ridiculous. Moffat is ruining Doctor Who. Not just with the little things now, he's explicitly ruining Doctor Who outright. Revealing the Doctor's name, making him fall in love (again) with some woman after only five episodes and now he's making out that there's a whole other incarnation that the Doctor just 'forgot' about. This ruins the last eight years of continuity. I am actually furious. Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:50 am

Calixar wrote:

Unless it was meaningless to begin with, with fans just latching onto it because of the evocative name. The Fields of Trensalor on the Fall of the Eleventh sounds more like a Place and Time to me.

I'm going to take this with a huge grain of salt...at the same time, there is something to be said about "Cleverness" here. If the regeneration order gets switched around for whatever reason, that means when Tennant "regenerated" in Journey's End...he became the Valeyard. Which kinda explains his descent into "Time Lord Victorious" mode during the specials and eventual redemption.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Haha its funny to see so much panic over speculation lol

I'm looking forward to seeing the special and then making my own mind up lol
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

davro wrote:
Haha its funny to see so much panic over speculation lol

I'm looking forward to seeing the special and then making my own mind up lol

This is so true.....

Every one wants to just hate every thing Moffat does and now we can hate something he hasn't done yet.

And I still think lost regenerations are perfectly reasonable ideas.

Brain of Morbious was intended by the producers to show that the Doctor had several incarnations before Hartnell. But that episode has been "retconned" several times by now.

I have already pointed some of the many additions and changes to the Doctor's story since 1963. Every producer has done it. But if Moffat does it, it starts a civil war in Who Fandom?

The Next Doctor was even about a "Doctor" incarnation who seam to have lost his memory of his previous lives. I would like to imagine that something as traumatic as the Time War could result in New Nine being lost both in the Doctor's memory and the history of the Time Lords.

And besides, I wanted to come up with ideas about what character John Hurt was playing, not make another attack Moffat thread when I originally posted this.

Anyway....have fun, I am out of here until Sunday......ROADTRIP!!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:41 pm

I don't think the "lost incarnation" fits at all with what John Hurt has said he's doing. We're expecting a more complicated story than they're probably going to tell.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:52 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I don't think the "lost incarnation" fits at all with what John Hurt has said he's doing. We're expecting a more complicated story than they're probably going to tell.

I agree let's us not forger "the next doctor" Christmas special... all the speculation over that and it turns out to be a a human that thinks he is the doctor. This 50th special has the shape shifting Zygons in it and that allows a lot of scope. I am not freaking out about any of the news or rumors. Its the same as the figures, whining, complaining, fault finding and when they hit the shelves its a total turn around.

Only a few more months until the TV movie, an adventure in time and space documentary/drama, the big finish audio with the classic doctors and so much merchandise our wallets will need Xanax so the don't have panic attacks haha
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:45 am

This prior statement:

Spoiler:

keeps coming back to me. The phrasing makes me think more of
Spoiler:
than anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:13 am

Calixar wrote:
This prior statement:

Spoiler:

keeps coming back to me. The phrasing makes me think more of
Spoiler:
than anything else.

Nice idea but WHOKNOWS what or who this character is lol
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:51 am

I'm reminded of a fan comic called "The Ten Doctors" which included a scene where the past Doctors merged into a big Doctor who had a little bit of each incarnation visible.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:35 am

Ah The Ten Doctors. Started out great but really got silly by the end before rubber banding back around to being awesome (Basically making 9 be the "Hero" of the tale).
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:54 am

I read a rumor that this 'sort of' 9th Doctor is revealed to be OMEGA.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:55 am

Eesh....this is a terrible, terrible idea.

Moffatt just giving the finger to Eccleston? Not that he doesn't deserve it if he truly refused not to be a part of the proceedings....but still....if this is the kind of writing in the proceedings, on the other other hand I can see why he refused.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
Eesh....this is a terrible, terrible idea.

Moffatt just giving the finger to Eccleston? Not that he doesn't deserve it if he truly refused not to be a part of the proceedings....but still....if this is the kind of writing in the proceedings, on the other other hand I can see why he refused.

From what I read, Eccleston did have talks to be in it, but declined. My question is, why did he decline? Was it because 9 and 10 would basically be Zygons, outshone by 11? Is it because of this 'lost Doctor' which would have really have ruined his character's story arc? I could be wrong, but I think Hurt was going to be in this from the start, with or without Eccleston.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm

I keep hoping it's a bit of misdirection like Star Trek v.2 part II.

If it was in the works from the beginning, I think you're right. This must be why he declined. It's an awful idea, and if it's true (and I never, never do this) I hope whoever's responsible gets booted off the show.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:03 am

I have read speculation he could be Omega. And it seams we may not have to wait until November to see this character.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)   Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Fourli10

THERE..ARE....ELEVEN...DOCTORS!!!
Back to top Go down

Who is John Hurt (SPOILERS)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next