12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

BBCA to finally air classic serials! Empty
PostSubject: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Starting this Sunday at 9 PM, BBCA will play "The Aztecs." They'll do a different serial & Doctor each month. This is long overdue. I'm really hoping we get "The War Games" for Troughton, though I doubt it.
http://io9.com/5977946/bbc-america-heads-back-in-the-tardis-to-bring-classic-doctor-who-to-america
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 am

I do hope this is a rating success. I would love to see classic episodes play regularly on BBCA.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 am

As much as I love the DVD's there is still nothing like seeing the show being 'broadcast' such good memories.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

So glad they are doing this- enjoyed the first doctor special- nice to see Ian and David Tennant!

After that... the Aztecs- boy that was a treat- had not seen this in ages. Funny when I saw it years back, I, being a lot older now never realized how sexist the show was back then...but those were the days. Barbara and Susan seemed to be the ones screwing up in this ep.- whereas the boys seemed to be exempt from doing foolish activities. Loved the not so typical ending...it is nice to see an ep. where things do not go swimmingly with a giggle and a laugh as the tardis whooshes off...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 pm

I hope the specials are released on dvd, not everyone has cable.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm

I didn't hear about this until after it aired. I was hoping they'd rebroadcast but it looks like I'm out of luck.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:34 am

The Aztecs was in the new Previews so you can get it on DVD around April. I don't know if it'll have the anniversary intro as an extra.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 am

Im sure we will get Tomb Of the Cybermen for the 2nd Dr.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:27 pm

davro wrote:
Im sure we will get Tomb Of the Cybermen for the 2nd Dr.

...and we are!

Sunday, February 24th at 8:00 pm.

They're gonna repeat The Aztecs too, beginning at 5 pm in case anyone missed it.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Tomb was a no brainer.

Shame they seem to be limiting themselves to 4 ep serials. Most of Doc 3s best are longer. And then picking just one serial out of all the Doc 4 serials...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Either Spearhead from Space or Claws of Axos are the two that they might pick from for 3.

City of Death might be the one for the 4th Doc.

Earthshock for 5.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Day of the Daleks is the only other 4-part UNIT family story that doesn't have terrible color history like Terror of the Autons.

Terror of the Autons is a great story and the new color is fine with me, but I can imagine BBC America wanting to avoid that one.

Have the Dalek serials been selling overseas or does the Nation Estate still tie these up? Didn't some of the PBS stations start skipping Dalek stories?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Yes,would but Terror of the Autons introduces the Master. That be great to show.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Spearhead from Space on March 31
Back to top Go down
LuckyPierre
LuckyPierre

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Was just trying to figure what would air for Tom Baker (and everyone else for that matter). My bet is on Robots of Death or Pyramids of Mars. Robots because, well I don't know really but it is always one of the firsts when it comes to releasing 4th Doctor era stories. Pyramids because it is too good and has Sarah Jane. They have to show the NuWho kids an episode of hers, no? Watch out, they'll wind up playing the Horns of Nimon...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Until the day BBC1 air them, I hate humanity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:43 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:
Was just trying to figure what would air for Tom Baker (and everyone else for that matter). My bet is on Robots of Death or Pyramids of Mars. Robots because, well I don't know really but it is always one of the firsts when it comes to releasing 4th Doctor era stories. Pyramids because it is too good and has Sarah Jane. They have to show the NuWho kids an episode of hers, no? Watch out, they'll wind up playing the Horns of Nimon...

I think it will be the Ark in space or genesis of the Daleks!

Lets play a game... pick TWO Tom Baker story's that you think will air on BBCA
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I heard Robots of Death was the one penciled in.
Back to top Go down
LuckyPierre
LuckyPierre

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Genesis would be a smart choice, but so would Talons of Weng-Chiang. They are too long though. It seems as though they are going to stick with the four episode stories because of the time and commercials. I'm still going to go with my two, with a maybe on The Brain of Morbius or Logopolis. Nah, I bet the regeneration will be saved for Peter Davison as Androzani is still probably the best Who story to the fans. So the second maybe might be...The Android Invasion?
Back to top Go down
LuckyPierre
LuckyPierre

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I heard Robots of Death was the one penciled in.

See? There's something about that story. While good, I just don't get the draw to it...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 am

City of Death, Pyramids of Mars, Robots of Death, or Ark in Space.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 am

I will hope for The Pirate Planet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm

It is Pyramids of Mars Sunday April 28th.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
It is Pyramids of Mars Sunday April 28th.

Excellent choice! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to finally air classic serials!   BBCA to finally air classic serials! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Sutekh decreed it so...

Back to top Go down

BBCA to finally air classic serials!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next