13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

New Theme and Title Sequence Empty
PostSubject: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Long rumored, the BBC has confirmed that there will be a new theme tune and title sequence starting with the Christmas special:

Quote :
“We can’t give too much away about the new-look titles,” the BBC revealed, “except to say they are wonderfully dramatic and striking, with a couple of unexpected touches. In short, they’re a perfect way to welcome back the Doctor!”

And don’t fret, Who fans: the iconic theme tune is only receiving a “new arrangement” which “remains true to the original, written by Ron Grainer back in 1963.” But the BBC adds, “on Christmas Day you’ll hear it as it’s never sounded before. This latest version is more thrilling and powerful but retains that slightly scary quality that remains stirring no matter how many times you catch it.”

Sounds interesting! I can't wait to see what it'll be like. It'd be cool if it harkens back more to the classic intros...or just goes in a totally new direction.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:20 am

On Christmas Day huh... will it be performed with bells?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:56 am

As long as Mannheim Steamroller don't do it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
As long as Mannheim Steamroller don't do it. Suspect
Ugh. My dad sent me a file of that. It was AWFUL. And I typically like their music.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:07 am

Bwa ha ha! I thought you guys were kidding. I didn't realize they actually did a version of it! Wow. I kind of liked the cheesy appeal of their Christmas stuff. But that... yikes.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 am

Oh wow... I also just looked it up. Maybe if they hadn't considered it a Halloween tune it wouldn't be so... uh...
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:41 am

Maybe Matt's image in the opening sequence??
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 am

That would make it scarier.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I would love the 'Howell' guitar version to return, it rules with a kick ass intro and a powerful 'boom' effect at the end that steals the perfect ending.
Matt's image would be light years better than the usual 'starring' titles too.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:42 pm

A fan's idea of what the opening titles could be like. Matt and Jenna's images are used, and the TARDIS starts out by traveling TOWARDS us. Music is the same as the past 3 years.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Just put the BBC to shame, why dontcha!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 pm

That was actually pretty cool...
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that a while back. It's really well done, and much more slick than the rather tatty titles we've had. I really hope they took some time on these. I'd love to see the Doctor's face. It'd be kind of cool for the 50th if they did ALL the Doctor's faces... though that might be a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 am

jaredofmo wrote:
A fan's idea of what the opening titles could be like. Matt and Jenna's images are used, and the TARDIS starts out by traveling TOWARDS us. Music is the same as the past 3 years.

now i like that
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 am

Its good but the images of the Doctor and Clara are too big and seem to slow it down.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am

that is an amazing title!!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:44 pm

jonwes wrote:
It'd be kind of cool for the 50th if they did ALL the Doctor's faces... though that might be a bit much.

I had much the same idea. A "Role Call" if you will of the Doctor's adventures leading up to this point.
Back to top Go down
Super Poseable
Super Poseable

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

The clever homage to the Pertwee title sequence at the end is the best part! Smile
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Loving the new titles!! Very "Classic" in their approach!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Havent seen the ending titles, but the opening ones were a total disjointed mess. No
Back to top Go down
Time Dad
Time Dad

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:10 pm

NEW OPENING IS AWESOMMMMMMMME!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 pm

I like them quite a bit too. Squeed a bit when Matt showed up in them. So glad they got rid of the stupid DW TARDIS image stuck between Doctor and Who.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:09 am

I thought they were nice! Definitely some Classic touches - Matt's face, some of the patterns and burts... I also liked how it was sort of more free-flowing, which is one thing I really liked about McCoy's titles.

Here's the official BBC America posting of it, btw:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:00 am

I liked the TARDIS doors opening and the show starting!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New Theme and Title Sequence   New Theme and Title Sequence EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:17 am

Loved it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

New Theme and Title Sequence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next