13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

your favorite theme. Empty
PostSubject: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:55 am

hey everybody, like the''fav episode thread'' here's one for your favorite theme docter who theme tune, my favorites are, the 7nth docters, and the first and second docter's theme tune.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:00 pm

My favorite is still the Howell arrangement.

Runner up would be Gold arrangement with the middle 8s included.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 pm

My fave from Classic is Toms theme, and from the nuwho the current arrangement.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:50 pm

I love the sound of Tom's theme, but it doesn't have the "middle Eight," which has always annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
regenerated and done
regenerated and done

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:52 pm

11th doctors 10th 9th ok all of them
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 pm

The Eighth Doctor's theme. I love hearing it in all the audios. At first I wasn't too sure if I would like it because it was funky, but then I just grew to really love it, so much that when watching series 5 I kept getting disappointed that they weren't using that theme.

~
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:16 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
The Eighth Doctor's theme.

Which one? The first one Big Finish used (Storm Warning, Sword of Orion, etc) or the new one used in his "seasons"?

I loved the first theme they used and was disappointed when they changed it. The new one's grown on me, but I'll always like the first one better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm

rdks wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
The Eighth Doctor's theme.

Which one? The first one Big Finish used (Storm Warning, Sword of Orion, etc) or the new one used in his "seasons"?

I loved the first theme they used and was disappointed when they changed it. The new one's grown on me, but I'll always like the first one better.

I actually like them both because they're quite distinct. I know that I'm listening to the series when the one plays and I know that the other well, isn't. I like them both equally.

Perhaps it has more to do with knowing that when the theme kicks up, the audio is going to be fun. I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every single 8th Doctor audio that I have listened to and I look forward to hearing more.
~
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Cool! You should have been around when they changed it. There were some very angry people on the BF forums. I know, I was one of them! Gotten used to it now, but the first theme's still one of my favs. It's so... Eighth Doctor-ish! If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:33 pm

rdks wrote:
Cool! You should have been around when they changed it. There were some very angry people on the BF forums. I know, I was one of them! Gotten used to it now, but the first theme's still one of my favs. It's so... Eighth Doctor-ish! If that makes sense.

lol people getting angry over a theme? Wow... that should be news to me but it isn't really. If anything, it's not even a theme, it's title music. Themes are awesome, they're special. The Eighth Doctor really needs a theme composed by Murray Gold. However, I have found some nice substitutes that seem to work well for the Eighth Doctor. Very Happy

~
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm

I like the 10th as well as BF's 8th's main line theme before they went retro with it.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm

#1, #4, #6's Trial of a Timelord season, and #9.
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm

I haven't watched a whole lot of classic Who yet, but it seems to me that Doctor 11's theme is more like the older ones.

Would that be a fair assessment?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Nuggan wrote:
I haven't watched a whole lot of classic Who yet, but it seems to me that Doctor 11's theme is more like the older ones.

How is it like the older themes? It's far from it.

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:11 pm

maybe the "whistling" of the tune part?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Ronpur wrote:
maybe the "whistling" of the tune part?

Yes but even series 1-3 of new Who had that.

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Well, best I could think of, lol!
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Nuggan wrote:

How is it like the older themes? It's far from it.

~

It sounds more like an "old" electronic sound like it was created by BBC Radiophonic. It seems like the tempo is a bit slower like the older ones too.

I know that the melody has never changed. It has less strings like series 4 had (which I loved).

I could be wrong, it could be just me.
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:42 pm

From mysterylad:

Quote :
I love the sound of Tom's theme, but it doesn't have the "middle Eight," which has always annoyed me.

They actually used it twice, during the ending titles of "The Invasion of Time" and "The Armageddon Factor," as sort of a surprise during season finales. Presumably they would have done this again for "Shada." I remember the first time I heard it (during "Invasion of Time") and actually started gasping! I made sure to tape it on the next go-around, as we started over with "Robot" after "Invasion of Time" ended -- I waited a long time to tape that! It was just perfect, too, as that last shot is just Tom's big grin, giving a few seconds of dead air before the ending title started. Those were the days... I had a set of books that I stacked in front of the TV, at just the right height so that I could rest the microphone on the top book and have it reach the speaker. I'm sure I still have that tape somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:56 pm

I like the series 5 theme. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:16 pm

If we aren't talking about just the opening theme then here are my picks:

Vale Decem
This is Gallifrey
Song of Freedom

Murray Gold is beginning to rival John Williams and James Horner IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:31 pm

the new series-

Love Don't Roam- Runaway Bride

classic series-

Here's to the Future- Delta and the Bannermen
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Nuggan wrote:
If we aren't talking about just the opening theme then here are my picks:

I'd vote for "I Am The Doctor" myself.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:09 pm

I have three favorites:

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: your favorite theme.   your favorite theme. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:42 pm

I did like the 8th theme from the movie... just wish they had done a regular/ extended version of it. Gets going good then trails off real quick after the middle 8s.

Back to top Go down

your favorite theme.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next