27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 am

Who do you think is the worst companion?

Peri.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 pm

That's hard. I actually like most of the companions. I might have to go with Peri too. I think she was poorly written too much of the time and she was played pretty whiny at times.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm not going to say it. I did, but...
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:53 pm

I'd have to say mel... nails on a chalkboard anyone?

Peri worked very well with doc 5 but was bickery with 6. The chemistry was not as good as with 5. I think as an actress she was great but the writing...well I agree totally on that point with jwess. She was supposed to be a botanist...not a bimbo. In fact I was quite annoyed that they dumbed her down. If you look at the earlier eps. she was a little cheeky and smart.

Also Chamelion....huh and why and what?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm

I will have to say that Mel works MUCH better in the books and I liked her quite a bit in the audios I've heard. Peri has benefited GREATLY from her exposure in the audios too, I think. I think part of it with Peri is that Nicola Bryant has matured as an actress and that, of course, they are writing the character better. She was much better with the 5th Doctor.

As for Kamelion... LOL, I remember loving his design as a kid and wondering where the heck he went for episodes on end. Then they bring him back and kill him. Of course he was rubbish, and having read the behind the scenes stuff now it's kind of amazing he ever made it on-screen at all!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:15 am

Kamelion, for what he was meant to be, could have been great. Imagine one companion played by a revolving series or actors (and actresses), and really only seeing the robot form in the TARDIS or if he was damaged.

Oh well...

Worst... as much as I like Nicola Bryant I have to say Peri, but with the proviso that the above observations are right. Poorly written for much of her time on the show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 9:27 pm

I wasn't a big fan of Adric or Mel. Kamelion might have had a shot but the concept was better than the execution - plus the technology to make it work just wasn't there at that time. Too bad really.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:43 pm

For me it is Ace by a very large margin.
Back to top Go down
MatthewRex
MatthewRex

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 pm

I like Adric's character, but Waterhouse was a pretty poor actor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.matthewrex.com
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Rose, most definitely. Followed closely by Mel. I used to hate Adric when I first saw him back ini the early 80's, but he has grown on me.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:56 pm

They just aired Adric's first episode here in cincy. I had only previously seen him in 5th doc episodes after watching a few of these new-to-me episode I might change my opinion but in the 5th eps I hated him. Mel is right up there too I just couldn't stand listening to her.
Back to top Go down
thedoctor

Number of posts : 1011

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:59 am

Adric
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 pm

But peri had such nice tits!

Grace. Even her name was boring!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 pm

I was looking through the list of companions and I have to say Kamelion.

He contributed nothing to the program. Always remove the first story a companion is in, since that is really a guest star part.

Until Planet of Fire, we didnt see Kamelion at all. I am not counting the scenes that were written or recorded and then left on the cutting room floor.

At least Sdric 'contributed' to some of his stories.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Tegan was my least favorite, by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Dalek Prototype
Dalek Prototype

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:44 pm

If Rose had been a "regular" companion she probably would have been my least favorite. But since I realize that the "new" show was launched using her as the "eyes" for the potentially uninformed new audience I allowed her to grow on me. Now she's not my least favorite, not by a long shot. But she's no where near my absolute favorite either.

When push comes to shove, in the final whine-off, I'd have to name Mel as my least favorite, nosing out Adric by one squeak of her voice.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:55 pm

I didn't like Peri during alot of the first season of episodes with Colin. However, I liked her better during the Trial...their relationship had matured. But then again, she she wore more clothes in that season too, which is a negative for me.
Seriously, I would have to say Mel. Not sure why, but her voice and the fact that very few of the episode she was in, I cared for, may have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:13 pm

ronpur- they did tone peri down with the trial but the one really really bizzare mystery is how and why she married the brian blessed character? Can someone ever explain this one to me or am I dim- I just thought that was sloppy writing but...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:52 pm

You can thank JNT for that screw up! It is explained on the Trial DVD set.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Yes, even Nicola Bryant was happier she died than going off with Yacanos...

Seriously, who could live with Brian when he gets loud, and he is always loud (but entertaining)
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 1:45 pm

now hoosier- iam going to have to watch the trial set...
maybe I will be less confused.

yes loved brian in black adder- yacanos was in such a similar vein-
just will never get that she ended up with him....the other one is mel with glitz...JNT should never be a matchmaker.
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Rose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
DrWhovian10
DrWhovian10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:57 am

Donna
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=77932981016&ref
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:30 am

Mel, for sure!

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Worst Companion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion!   Worst Companion! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 am

ace.
Back to top Go down

Worst Companion!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next