18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beep
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Star Wars 7 by Disney Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Just gonna leave this here.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:49 pm

On one hand, the news Disney is acquiring Lucasfilms (For the "Bargain" Price of 4 Billion Dollars) makes me concerned. First Marvel, then the Muppets, now Lucas...Disney's got a monopoly on childhood. Microsoft was broken up over less.

On the other hand, potential for high definition releases of the original, un-edited trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 pm

WHY LUCAS?.......WHY???!!!

I hated him - I now LOATHE him!!!

At least I have my memories of my childhood before Lucas went & dragged his sweaty butt crack all over it & leashed Jar Jar Binks on the world!!!

Shame on you Lucas!!! HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!!!

Last edited by Just Scott on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Just Scott wrote:
WHY LUCAS?.......WHY???!!!

I hated him - I now LOATHE him!!!

A combination of the mocking he got from the Star Wars Blu-Ray alterations plus the abysmal returns on Redtails - both financially and critically - have convinced George to take his ball and go home.

Which, you know, really stands to the man's character. Sell a lifetime of industry - including the most celebrated Special Effects Company in Hollywood - for a few Billion Dollars rather then leave his children a thriving business they can one day inherit.

I mean sure, 4 Billion means even Lucas' Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandchildren aren't going to need to ever go to school, but it's just so very Lucas to spend years likely telling his children "One day, this place and these people will be your responsibility." to then one day just selling it off like so much chicken feed.

Still, Star Wars and Indiana Jones without George Lucas at the helm can only be seen as a positive influence for both franchises.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, it's not like I had a huge amount of respect left for the guy to begin with. I was a big fan back in the 90s when the novels started coming out. Then the figures returned, and it was great.

I was sorely disappointed with the first 2 prequels, partially encouraged by the third. But the magic was gone.

After crapping all over Star Wars, he finally sold the franchise. Disney is good at making children's films, which is what Star Wars has become. I guess my growing up and SW being aimed more progressively at children, I have lost my faith.

I find now that I can't even take the Original Trilogy seriously any more. I used to be able to enjoy them, but now the glaring changes on blu ray make even that impossible.

Oh well, it's been at least 7 years since I was into it. So not that huge of a deal. I just feel that it's vaguely sad, like hearing that a relative you barely know has passed away. Yeah, it's sad, but it just doesn't effect you as much.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I think this is exciting. Lucas did a lot for sci-fi fans, but the prequels were terrible. This could mean new life being breathed into Star Wars.

Sure, it could go horribly wrong, but it already did that with the prequels.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Good point. They can't possibly do any worse than Lucas himself has done.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Bout time someone stepped in that wants to - try and correct the damage and get something new going.

I wonder what that might mean for the SW live action series too.

Yes, the new product might be as bad as the prequels (I can't imagine anything worse) but it can be so much better too. If they stick with the main characters, I'd love for them to do a story from the expanded universe (before NJO that is)... but in the long run they might just go with new characters and start fresh.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Awesome news!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm

I always said Mr. Turkey Neck would do something like this if the price was high enough.

I found an old tape here called From Star Wars to Jedi, and the Lucas you saw on that tape was a lot different than the one we know today....and I don't just mean the turkey neck, I mean everything mentally about him.

I think, one day in the early 1970's, he must have sacrificed a goat and painted a pentagram in its blood and sold his soul, because, especially how critics before Star Wars became the success it is today had many points....especially considered how Mr. Ford was the only actor who's career was not destroyed by those film (James Jones even remained anonymous until Jedi because he was afraid his career would be ruined as well).....I mean like Gilbert Gottfried said, at Rosanne Barr's celeb roast, said that "R2-D2 got more work than Carrie Fisher after Star Wars".......that Lucas' success can be described with just one word.

Lucky.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS MORE FILMS! I'M SO EXCITED! Honestly, words cannot even BEGIN to describe! I'm stoked! cheers

Initially I was disappointed that Lucas sold himself out but more films... MORE FILMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Wars 7 by Disney Tumblr_mbgiwgpfuB1riqizno1_400
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Scary wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS MORE FILMS! I'M SO EXCITED! Honestly, words cannot even BEGIN to describe! I'm stoked! cheers

Initially I was disappointed that Lucas sold himself out but more films... MORE FILMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Wars 7 by Disney Tumblr_mbgiwgpfuB1riqizno1_400

Yea....but.....it's DISNEY.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm

So does this mean we get a proper DVD release of the Star Wars Holiday Special?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I miss Itchy and Mala.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
So does this mean we get a proper DVD release of the Star Wars Holiday Special?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I miss Itchy and Mala.

Lucas will probably send Guido and Vinnie with some ball bats over to those who suggest that is what I think will be more likely to happen.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Make it a bonus with a blu set of the original trilogy theatrical cuts.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Make it a bonus with a blu set of the original trilogy theatrical cuts.

Plus make a "Han fired first, George!" bonus as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Great idea for a Teefury two shirt event

"Everybody Knows O.J Did it!" and

"Han Fired First"
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Everyone else on the Internet: "Disney now owns Star Wars!"

Me: "Disney now owns Monkey Island!"
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:07 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Scary wrote:

Yea....but.....it's DISNEY.

Marvel is Disney but I found Avengers to have turned out pretty darn well. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I want to see the entire franchise remade this way:

Star Wars 7 by Disney 8786d1278949494-disney-star-wars-series-4-1alldisneywars
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Calixar wrote:
I want to see the entire franchise remade this way:

Star Wars 7 by Disney 8786d1278949494-disney-star-wars-series-4-1alldisneywars

And you'll end up seeing pitchforks and torches, I bet. Razz
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Maybe Disney can get a "Star Trek" fan to direct the now-inevitable remakes.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:29 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Maybe Disney can get a "Star Trek" fan to direct the now-inevitable remakes.

Well, they had a star wars nerd do Trek 3 years ago, so turn about is fair play.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 am

Ummmm,according to the CNN Money article, this now gives George Lucas the significant shares in Disney ownership.

So,now, we will get a revised version of "Steamboat Willie" coming soon.

I have always believed that the best Star Wars were the one that Lucas let others do, Empire Strikes Back and Clone Wars are great examples.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/30/technology/disney-buys-lucasfilm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 am

Apparently 2015 for the next movie, with a new one every 2 years. No word on when in the Star Wars universe they are set.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars 7 by Disney
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next