Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! Empty
PostSubject: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:25 pm

In other Star Wars figure news, I got my Disney Store 13.5'' Stormtrooper today. I LOVE this guy. Seriously. He's HUGE. I love seeing him cast in nice, hard ABS plastic. It just looks perfect for the Stormtrooper. Everything is nice and crisp, and he just feels good in hand. I'm actually amazed how much articulation he has. It's too bad his ankles didn't have a bit more because it's hard to keep him standing in some of the poses, but it's not bad. The sound chip is superb. One of the clearest, nicest sound chips I've ever heard. The dialogue is really crisp. It's amazing how much dialogue he spouts. And the weapons sounds are fun. There are three of them he cycles through. I hope the rest are up to this quality.

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 14131707232_839dc69b40_cNew Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 14134674305_30af8b8478_c
New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 13947984887_9850ca8eb8_cNew Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 13948003399_02cf08952f_c

Last edited by SeaDevil on Mon May 26, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moved to create new thread)
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Yeah...I love mine, too!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:07 pm

I got the talking Han Solo from the Disney Store today.  Also very cool.

Luke comes out next Monday, and Vader the week after that.

...just so you know...!

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:50 pm

jonwes wrote:

In other Star Wars figure news, I got my Disney Store 13.5'' Stormtrooper today. I LOVE this guy. Seriously. He's HUGE. I love seeing him cast in nice, hard ABS plastic. It just looks perfect for the Stormtrooper. Everything is nice and crisp, and he just feels good in hand. I'm actually amazed how much articulation he has. It's too bad his ankles didn't have a bit more because it's hard to keep him standing in some of the poses, but it's not bad. The sound chip is superb. One of the clearest, nicest sound chips I've ever heard. The dialogue is really crisp. It's amazing how much dialogue he spouts. And the weapons sounds are fun. There are three of them he cycles through. I hope the rest are up to this quality.

Very nice but $25US shipping to Canada!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:18 am

SeaDevil wrote:
I got the talking Han Solo from the Disney Store today.  Also very cool.

Luke comes out next Monday, and Vader the week after that.

...just so you know...!

Very Happy 

I ordered Han on Monday, and he still hasn't shipped. I've been spoiled by WhoNA, I suppose. LOL. I'm not sure about X-Wing Luke. I like him, but I might wait for another version. Vader is a must. Since I have to order online, though, I'll definitely be waiting until Vader comes out to order Luke in any case.

Krynoid wrote:

Very nice but $25US shipping to Canada!

Ouch! I'm a bit surprised there is no disneystore.ca
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:34 am

I forgot to mention...James Earl Jones apparently has the rights to his own voice in this case, so the Darth Vader voice will not be his...
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:07 am

SeaDevil wrote:
I forgot to mention...James Earl Jones apparently has the rights to his own voice in this case, so the Darth Vader voice will not be his...

That's a bummer, where'd you hear that?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:30 am

jonwes wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

The manager of my local Disney Store.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:24 am

SeaDevil wrote:
jonwes wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Unlike in the US, the UK Disney Store released all the figures at once, so you can hear Vader's clips here: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/star-wars-talking-darth-vader-figure/mp/69740/1000252/

So, definitely not JEJ, but he sounds Vader-ish enough it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:04 am

Okay... I think I'm totally on board with these guys. I love this Han! They really put a lot of love in it. The details. Such nice, crisp details. The hair is a separate piece. Soft plastic for his holster belt... Even nicely hidden speakers and buttons. I know a lot of the crowd here might be turned off by it, but I think he's a ton of fun. The only real negatives are the neck joint and the screw holes. But for a 13''-ish figure with electronics and amazingly clear spoken phrases... I think I might be all-in.

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! Attachment
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:29 am

I'm certainly all in. Picked up X-Wing pilot Luke yesterday at my local Disney Store, and he's just as wonderful!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm

jonwes wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:
jonwes wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Unlike in the US, the UK Disney Store released all the figures at once, so you can hear Vader's clips here: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/star-wars-talking-darth-vader-figure/mp/69740/1000252/

So, definitely not JEJ, but he sounds Vader-ish enough it doesn't bother me.

I picked up Darth Vader today, and he sounds just great! It's a very good sound alike. Doesn't bother me either.

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Got the last of the Talking figures today. Love these space hogs!

I love the dynamic sculpt of Darth Vader. And the light sabre is awesome. We need more of those in the line, frankly. One weird thing - my Vader will only make the breathing sound effects. Anyone else have that issue? It's the only figure with a Try Me button, but no matter what the setting I put it on in only makes the breathing noises. I might have a lemon.

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 14330917591_d8fbe89cf4_z

X-Wing Luke looks great, too. Really nice likeness, though the hair is a tad dark. The helmet looks better off, I think. It seems a WEE bit over-sized, but it barely fits on his head as-is. The chin strap (that actually comes undone) is a nice touch.

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 14333519804_dd7bab93c1_z

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 14147754817_4f95f8aa5f_z
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Mine talks up a storm, jonwes. You might have a wonky one.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 am

I saw on their online store two new additions...Chewbacca and Boba Fett!!!

...gonna have to make a trip to the Disney Store...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 am

"Boba Fett!..."
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:50 pm

The Chewie is kinda disappointing..but its hard to do "hair" as hard plastic...especially if its over an entire body!!!

However, the Boba Fett is very well detailed and might be my favorite of the bunch!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Boba is awesome! Great detailing, and I love that he makes a rocket soaring noise when you move him! I agree about Chewie. He's okay, and fun for the sounds, but the hair is probably the least successful translation from movie to toy of any of these.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 pm

jonwes wrote:
I love that he makes a rocket soaring noise when you move him!

Shocked He does????  

I didn't notice that...how do you do this?? Do you have to hold a button?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 pm

No, once you turn him on from Try Me Mode, you can just woosh him around and he'll make the noise. Smile
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 7:50 am

jonwes wrote:
No, once you turn him on from Try Me Mode, you can just woosh him around and he'll make the noise. Smile

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh...ok

Actually...since in "Try Me" mode they all seem to make the voices and SFX, I've never actually turned them "ON!" Razz
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:27 pm

LOL! Do you get all the phrases in Try Me mode, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:31 pm

It seems so...

I've only removed them from the boxes and not fooled with any switches...and they talk away...!

I drive folks nuts with them...especially Chewie... Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:35 pm

there's a new Yoda out for this line...
New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! 6172047621574?$yetidetail$
i guess I gotta make a run to the mall...

it looks kinda static, but the description says

•Fully articulated, finely detailed sculptured figure
•Press button on belly to activate lightsaber, movement and sound
•Speaks more than 20 phrases
•Realistic facial animation
•Light-up lightsaber
•Soft sculptured robe

...so that sounds rather cool...

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!   New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:48 pm

I got him a couple weeks back!

Negatives:
He's not in scale with the other figures.
His hand is posed oddly
The sculpt is a bit soft.

Positiives:
The phrases are great!
The movement of the head is fun! It turns, his ears wiggle, and his eyes and mouth open and close

Overall I was happy with him, but I do wish he was more in scale with the others.
Back to top Go down

New Star Wars toys from the Disney Store!
Page 1 of 1