Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!

Go down 
+10
Ronpur
mysterylad
jaredofmo
Ted47
Evil Monkey Pope
guvnagrover
mattmanw54301
Gallifreys Loss
Rust
Cruel Angel
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Seams like it is just a crap player. After checking for updates (none) it looks like several people have this issue with this player.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm

I like my horror in a sci-fi setting so........

Galaxy of Terror!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:44 pm

We head to Raccoon City tonight, kiddies...

Resident Evil (2002)
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Resident Evil (2002)

How did such a wonderful movie spawn a slew of crappy sequels?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I like my horror in a sci-fi setting so........

Galaxy of Terror!

Bring on Event Horizon! What a Face
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Rust wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:

Resident Evil (2002)

How did such a wonderful movie spawn a slew of crappy sequels?

Good question...even when the writer/director of the first came back for the last two that were released...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 pm

"I couldn't allow the virus to escape the Hive. So... I took steps."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 pm

10/9
Besides Prometheus, which I'm not really counting.....
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 pm

10/10

John Carpenter's The Fog
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:15 pm

The dead keep on rolling tonight, kiddies!

Diary of the Dead (2007)

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Diary of the Dead (2007)

Ah, the movie that finally convinced me Romero was a no talent hack with a single note. I wonder if I was supposed to cheer on the Zombies in this film? Everyone is a selfish prig and the main character is so divorced from reality he can't bring himself to leave the camera while it's charging.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 pm

I like Diary... not as good as Night or Dawn of course.

From a 1st person/docu perspective, I thought this film was way better than Cloverfield. Ugh. Didn't like that movie one bit.

Haven't seen Survival yet.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Rust wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:

Diary of the Dead (2007)

Ah, the movie that finally convinced me Romero was a no talent hack with a single note. I wonder if I was supposed to cheer on the Zombies in this film? Everyone is a selfish prig and the main character is so divorced from reality he can't bring himself to leave the camera while it's charging.

Maybe, but it's a frigging masterpiece compared to Survival of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Dawn's mileage may vary (I personally find it extraordinarily pretentious, but that's me), but I've become convinced Night was a fluke because Romero's never gotten within shouting distance of Night ever again.

Diary was okay the first time I watched it, but I made the mistake of watching it again and my brain started picking up on the fundamental flaws of the movie, and generally made me hate the protagonist. Didn't help I re-watched it after reading Max Brooks' wonderful Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, which lampoons the tropes Diary makes shameless use of.

Really, it's the fact the majority of the conflict of the movie could be settled if the protagonist would just put down the camera that turned me off on the film.

That's not to say the movie didn't have good parts to it. I liked that the protagonist's girlfriend started getting real cozy with the sensible one of the group since her boyfriend refused to put down the camera and actually treat her like a human being rather then an actor...the teacher is also a lot of fun. Sensible. But the greatest character had to be Samuel - the deaf, dynamite wielding Amish guy.

Why couldn't we have gotten a movie about him instead?

Quote :

Don't. Survival is a "sequel" to Diary in that we get to follow those nice little National Guardsmen who took all the cast of Diary's supplies because they could.

It's yet another beat in Romero's line of movies featuring characters that literally cannot work together or overcome their own egos long enough to survive. Throw in essentially the second season of The Walking Dead for even more mind numbing idiocy.

I didn't mean for this to go off on a rant, but after World War Z...I just can't tolerate the typical Zombie movie any more. Max Brooks literally killed it for me, because that was a book filled with intelligent characters who did stupid things from time to time, but generally had their heads on straight. Other Zombie fiction just requires a full frontal lobotomy by its cast in order to facilitate drama.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Rust wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:

Dawn's mileage may vary (I personally find it extraordinarily pretentious, but that's me), but I've become convinced Night was a fluke because Romero's never gotten within shouting distance of Night ever again.

Diary was okay the first time I watched it, but I made the mistake of watching it again and my brain started picking up on the fundamental flaws of the movie, and generally made me hate the protagonist. Didn't help I re-watched it after reading Max Brooks' wonderful Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, which lampoons the tropes Diary makes shameless use of.

Really, it's the fact the majority of the conflict of the movie could be settled if the protagonist would just put down the camera that turned me off on the film.

That's not to say the movie didn't have good parts to it. I liked that the protagonist's girlfriend started getting real cozy with the sensible one of the group since her boyfriend refused to put down the camera and actually treat her like a human being rather then an actor...the teacher is also a lot of fun. Sensible. But the greatest character had to be Samuel - the deaf, dynamite wielding Amish guy.

Why couldn't we have gotten a movie about him instead?

Quote :

Don't. Survival is a "sequel" to Diary in that we get to follow those nice little National Guardsmen who took all the cast of Diary's supplies because they could.

It's yet another beat in Romero's line of movies featuring characters that literally cannot work together or overcome their own egos long enough to survive. Throw in essentially the second season of The Walking Dead for even more mind numbing idiocy.

I didn't mean for this to go off on a rant, but after World War Z...I just can't tolerate the typical Zombie movie any more. Max Brooks literally killed it for me, because that was a book filled with intelligent characters who did stupid things from time to time, but generally had their heads on straight. Other Zombie fiction just requires a full frontal lobotomy by its cast in order to facilitate drama.

Yup. Pretty much how I feel about it too.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm

A double feature for tonight, kiddies!

First up... Planet Terror (2007)
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:48 pm

"You cook that meat at 250 degrees, don't you?"

"I don't remember. I set the heat with my hand."

"You give me that recipe or I'll raise your rent higher than a Georgia pine."

"Brother, ain't no Texan is ever gonna give you his barbecue recipe. That's a fact. He'll take it to his grave."

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm

And if there was any doubt what the next film would be, kiddies...

Death Proof (2007)

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
A double feature for tonight, kiddies!

First up... Planet Terror (2007)

Seeing these films in the theater in one sitting was one of the best times I have ever had at the movies. The crowd was loud and very interested in the film.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Even though I can't stand Rob Zombie's films... I really did want them to make Werewolf Women of the SS.

Still, Machete was great. Haven't seen Hobo with a Shotgun yet.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Even though I can't stand Rob Zombie's films... I really did want them to make Werewolf Women of the SS.

Still, Machete was great. Haven't seen Hobo with a Shotgun yet.

Hobo I really enjoyed. It is really filmed in such a way as to mimic 70s exploitation films. The acting is atrociously bad except for Rutger Hauer, who is great as the grizzled, haunted hobo. He becomes fed up with the depravity around him, he finally can stand no more and makes a stand. Gloriously violent and sleazy. If you like films like Street Trash and Deadbeat at Dawn, you will appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 pm

"Well, Pam. which way you goin' ? Left or right?"

"Right!"

"Awww, that's too bad."

"Why?"

"Well, there was a 50-50 shot on whether you'd be going left or right. You see, we're both going left. You could have just as easily been going left, too. And if that was the case, it would've been a while before you started getting scared."

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 pm

"I'm okay! Whew, that was a close one. So, where's the maniac?"

"I shot him and his punk *** sped off."

"You wanna go get him?"

"Oh, hells yeah!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 pm

10/11
Matt, you might like this...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!   Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 pm

10/11

Deep Rising
Back to top Go down

Horror Fest 2012- Post your horror viewings here!!!
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next