guvnagrover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Thor:  The Dark World Empty
PostSubject: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Just read this regarding the Thor sequel:

Thor: The Dark World has secured it's villain! Deadline reports that Christopher Eccleston, best known for playing the ninth Doctor on "Doctor Who", will star as Malekith the Accursed in the November 8, 2013 release.

First appearing in 1984's "The Might Thor" #344, Malekith is the ruler of the Dark Elves ( previously rumored to make an appearance in the film) who reside in Svartalfheim, one of Asgard's Nine Realms.

Eccleston is also known for big screen appearances in films like Shallow Grave and G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra . He joins Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi and Stellan Skarsgard in the Marvel Studios sequel.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 pm

He was great as the Villain in G.I. Joe. Can't wait to see this new movie.
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 am

looking forward to this
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 pm

More love for the Ecc man cheers

Cmon Hot Toys... make that 1/6th Malekith figure happen!

Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:34 am

This is fantastic news, loved the first Thor movie, will Sir Ken be directing again? because he nailed it last time, and I'm with Cruel Angel bring on a CE Hot toys figure, just in case we need it for a custom 9th Doctor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:
This is fantastic news, loved the first Thor movie, will Sir Ken be directing again? because he nailed it last time, and I'm with Cruel Angel bring on a CE Hot toys figure, just in case we need it for a custom 9th Doctor. Very Happy

Unfortunately, he isn't directing the sequel. Can't remember who is. Their initial choice left, and someone who had a good rep because Natalie was hyped up about it... now they have someone else.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Finally saw Thor a couple weeks ago and I'd watch a sequel.

But I thought Eccleston didn't like being typecast as the villian in American TV/films?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

squishy wrote:

But I thought Eccleston didn't like being typecast as the villian in American TV/films?

Guess he changed his mind...hopefully he will change his mind about appearing as The Doctor again Very Happy

Hey...one can dream right?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:59 pm

I was already looking forward to this (no surprise there, I'm sure! XD) but I have to say that casting Eccleston is genius! I've really enjoyed Malekith in the comics and I think he'll be a mighty interesting character in the movies now.

Oh and I believe the director's name is Alan Taylor, who's directed some episodes of Game of Thrones, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor:  The Dark World EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:20 pm

If the guy as done some GoT thats good enough for me, thanks for the info guys.
Back to top Go down

Thor: The Dark World
Page 1 of 1