10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

THOR Empty
PostSubject: THOR   THOR EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:27 pm

I have no idea about the comic book story of Thor, but I loved this movie!! I enjoyed the character, the visuals and the story as well, Can't wait to see him again in Avengers! And, yes, stay after the credits.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:59 pm

ditto, thought it was great. i can't wait for the avengers movie which is being done by my favorite nerd hero joss whedon!!! gonna be epic.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

it was a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm

A very good, surprisingly genuinely funny movie.

And yeah, Post Credits = Mind Blown. Can't wait for Captain America.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:19 pm

I was never really into Thor, but knew enough about the character to get a laugh out of the name tag on the t-shirt. I like how they handled his appearance in our world better than how it was done in the old comics. I never really got that. It was part of why I wasn't into Thor.

But I loved this movie. So did my 12 year old son who knew practically nothing about the character. He's very familiar with the Norse god, but not the comics. He and I are both dying for Captain America and The Avengers.

I liked, but was disappointed by the briefness of Hawkeye's cameo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:11 am

That was Hawkeye? The guy working for the army who was gonna shoot Thor with the arrow? I had no idea! Did they call him that by name or was it just assumed?

I really liked the movie. Huge Marvel fan as a kid but never liked the Thor character. The only issue of the comic I ever bought was the one where the orange goat lookin' guy became Thor (337?) and I only got that because of a rumoured cover error that was supposed to make that issue valuable. The movie was much better than I thought it would be. Lots of laughs and some good action. I still don't like comic book Thor, but I like movie Thor!

What was with the post-credits scene? That white power source thingy, is it significant somehow? The way they showed it was like a big reveal of something but I didn't recognize it at all.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 am

Not the army... SHIELD.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0719637/
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 am

rdks wrote:
That was Hawkeye? The guy working for the army who was gonna shoot Thor with the arrow? I had no idea! Did they call him that by name or was it just assumed?

I really liked the movie. Huge Marvel fan as a kid but never liked the Thor character. The only issue of the comic I ever bought was the one where the orange goat lookin' guy became Thor (337?) and I only got that because of a rumoured cover error that was supposed to make that issue valuable. The movie was much better than I thought it would be. Lots of laughs and some good action. I still don't like comic book Thor, but I like movie Thor!

What was with the post-credits scene? That white power source thingy, is it significant somehow? The way they showed it was like a big reveal of something but I didn't recognize it at all.

Yup, that was Hawkeye. Who else would enter a room with all those 'more power' military firearms, and decide he wants the compound bow from heck instead Razz

Yes, they did refer to him by name. During his radio communications with Hawkeye, Coulson at one point does call him 'Agent Barton"

Don't worry, we will be seeing more of Hawkeye when Avengers hits cheers

The teaser at the end- I didn't recognize it either, because turns out I had never read any of the comics/ arcs that it appeared in... had to look it up online to see what it was.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:00 am

rdks wrote:

It's the Cosmic Cube.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm

thanos, skrulls, bears... oh my!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks, guys, for explaining it. I remember the Cosmic Cube, but not very well. I'm a little more excited now at the prospect of Skrulls (maybe even the Super-Skrull?).

I was getting a little worried about the Avengers movie, mainly on who they'd be fighting against. It seems Marvel movies of late have a tendency of pitting the hero against a mirror-image villian. Hulk fights someone also infected by gamma rays (in both movies). Iron Man fights someone also wearing a battle suit (in both movies). Thor fights another god. I'm hoping Red Skull isn't rewritten as someone who also injects themselves with the super serum (or is that how he started - I can't remember - not a huge Cap. America fan). I was getting worried that the Avengers would be fighting a conglomeration of baddies from their solo adventures, but with the Cube as a plot instigator I don't see that happening. Whew!

On the topic of Marvel movies, anyone seen the new X-Men yet? I hoping to see it as soon as later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Red Skull is supposed to be the Nazi's super soldier so it is likely he will also be an advanced peak human.
I saw Thor at 4. It was astounding, forsooth.
There was so much nerd fanservice in this! I really liked the Jottenheim monster. The supporting cast and humor were used perfectly.
I only had minor nitpicky complaints with it, like Thor not wearing his cool helmet into battle against the Frost Giants.
I really loved how they had a few lines about Asgardian magic being indistinguishable from advanced science then didn't bother to explain how any of it worked. This actually made sense since it woulndn't be sci-fi or magic if we understood it and it didn't bog down the narrative with rationalizations. It was a great moment in telling skeptics to shut up and eat their awesome.
I giggled like a loon when Loki was immune to Frost Giants' frostbite touch and when Thor set his hammer on top of him.
Watch the equally keen Thor music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrEz_fxAwTk&feature=player_embedded

X-Men: First Class is surprisingly great. I liked it even better than Thor.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
rdks
rdks

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Yes... it certainly was! I just got back from seeing it. I loved it! Magneto is so awesome. He's always been a favourite of mine and this film didn't let me down. There were lots of things this movie did well, from Beast's mutation, Charles' crippling, and the Hellfire Club. Kevin Bacon was excellent (especially as the German doctor at the beginning). I had reservations about him being in it as I don't think too highly of him but he pulled it off. And always a pleasure to see Michael Ironside.

My jaw hit the floor at the "surprise" cameo of a certain mutant. I had no idea he was going to be in it! It was only for one line (and what a great line) but an awesome touch.

But the biggest surprise for me... Henry Van Statten! Nobody knew what I was talking about but I jumped out of my seat when I saw him. If you missed him, he's the warden at the prison where Havoc is being held when Charles & Erik go see him.

Although now I'm about to torture myself and watch the first 3 X-Men films. I liked parts of 1, parts of 2, but found 3 to be awful. But I must see more Magneto!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 pm

i hated three, saw it premire night and its the only time i ever watched it. not the actors fault at all, i just hated the plot and the character design of the phenoix, and the way they punked out cyclops who disappears in the first fifteen minutes to never be seen again. its up there with spidey three. lol still the worst was by far ghost rider, uhhhhhgahhh.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:46 pm

rdks wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Yes... it certainly was! I just got back from seeing it. I loved it! Magneto is so awesome. He's always been a favourite of mine and this film didn't let me down. There were lots of things this movie did well, from Beast's mutation, Charles' crippling, and the Hellfire Club. Kevin Bacon was excellent (especially as the German doctor at the beginning). I had reservations about him being in it as I don't think too highly of him but he pulled it off. And always a pleasure to see Michael Ironside.

My jaw hit the floor at the "surprise" cameo of a certain mutant. I had no idea he was going to be in it! It was only for one line (and what a great line) but an awesome touch.

But the biggest surprise for me... Henry Van Statten! Nobody knew what I was talking about but I jumped out of my seat when I saw him. If you missed him, he's the warden at the prison where Havoc is being held when Charles & Erik go see him.

Although now I'm about to torture myself and watch the first 3 X-Men films. I liked parts of 1, parts of 2, but found 3 to be awful. But I must see more Magneto!

Did you miss the 2nd cameo? When mystique was trying to seduce magneto?
Back to top Go down
mike7184

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-19

THOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOR   THOR EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:26 am

I recently watch this movie . its amazing......

THOR
Page 1 of 1