squishy
The Castellan
jaredofmo
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New series news - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 am

The trailer was ok... not exactly exciting though, just more of the silliness I've come to expect.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 am

I will bet money we do not see any living classic Daleks, they are all dead!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 am

davro wrote:

Well, the promo picture did seem to show off those designs:
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/tv/isite-static/doctorwho/wallpapers/s07/s07_wall_01_16x9.jpg
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 am

kcooper76 wrote:
davro wrote:

Well, the promo picture did seem to show off those designs:
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/tv/isite-static/doctorwho/wallpapers/s07/s07_wall_01_16x9.jpg

And we all know how these kind of advertisements go - all hype and a big disappointment!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 am

It's a common trope of Dalek stories for them to be destoyed "once & for all!" So if we do get a variety of classic Daleks hanging out, it undermines many classic Dalek stories (slightly more so than each new iteration of Dalekdom that pops up). They better have a good reason for all the old Daleks to hang out or it's just gratuitous fan service. If it's a lousy story, you'll be thankful if all the classic Daleks are just shells.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:11 am

The "cherub" Weeping Angel blowing the match out creeped the bejeezus out of me!!

Judging by the promo, the new season looks kinda promising though?
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 am

Not even a Matt fan but, this still is pretty awesome!!

New series news - Page 3 DkUpr
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:40 am

The new trailer does look promising...let's hope the series lives up to it!

That is a cool picture Just Scott!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 am

I think it looks awesome! Not seeing enough of the classic Daleks there though... Looks like they've gone overboard with NuWho Daleks... Still pretty excited though. The Dinosaur episode doesn't look so great and those robots that say "We're very cross with you" are a bit... urgh. 'A Town Called Mercy' looks great. Wish there were more footage of the Angel episodes though.

Hope the Doctor doesn't go all, "fear me, I'm the Doctor" sort of thing again after he supposedly kills all the Daleks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

I am seeing Sept 1 as the start of the new series popping up on tumblr. Anyone see anything official yet?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I am seeing Sept 1 as the start of the new series popping up on tumblr. Anyone see anything official yet?

Haven't seen anything official but I've heard the same things. There's no signs of Doctor Who in any TV schedules for the next two weeks so I guess the wait continues. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Hope its true. I need me some new who.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Agreed me too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:19 pm

In the Washington post tv guide they say coming soon to BBC America are showing Doctor Who on 25th August you can bet the UK will show it at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:46 pm

That's not Series 7. That's "The Destinations of Doctor Who", the last of BBC America's 4-part Who specials. They've been airing all month at that time. The Washington Post, BBC America, and TV Guide all list it as that, with no other Who on that day other than a late night repeat of one of their other specials.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

rdks wrote:
That's not Series 7. That's "The Destinations of Doctor Who", the last of BBC America's 4-part Who specials. They've been airing all month at that time. The Washington Post, BBC America, and TV Guide all list it as that, with no other Who on that day other than a late night repeat of one of their other specials.
What i found stated 25th August . Search under going out. Then search under Dr Who.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 pm

The UK is Aug 25
Back to top Go down
beep
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm

PrisonerZeroDoctor wrote:
The UK is Aug 25

Hasn't been confirmed as far as I'm aware, it's between that and September 1st, which seems a lot more likely.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Would it be a spoiler if I stumbled upon an actor who might be playing a certain alien villain next series???
Back to top Go down
beep
beep

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:46 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Would it be a spoiler if I stumbled upon an actor who might be playing a certain alien villain next series???

will his character have an icey personality? Wink
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:31 am

Have you guys seen the shot of this new Matt Smith costume from the Christmas special? If they make an action figure out of it, you could use it as the basis of a Willy Wonka custom figure; LOL! Razz
New series news - Page 3 New_11th_costume
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:33 am

happydalek wrote:
Have you guys seen the shot of this new Matt Smith costume from the Christmas special? If they make an action figure out of it, you could use it as the basis of a Willy Wonka custom figure; LOL! Razz

He looks like Scrooge. Laughing
Back to top Go down
beep
beep

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am

happydalek wrote:

"theirs no earthly way of knowing, in which direction they are going"

...yeah, I can see it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:43 am

Tv schedule for 25th August on tv guides on pvr says to be announced.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New series news   New series news - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:16 am

Just checked the Radio times (UK tv listings magazine) looked what is coming next week and no mention of Dr Who. So maybe 1st September .
Back to top Go down

New series news
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next