Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 am

Really do not quite know how to feel on this one...loved Rose but felt that Doomsday was an excellent closure to her reign. Felt the Doctor was more dangerous and distant without her...made him more of a risk taker.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 4:47 pm

I agree... and I'm getting really weary of the companion in love with the Doctor. I mean, come on... even one of the guys they stuck in the TARDIS was convieniently pan-sexual so that he could lust after the Doctor, too... and Rose... and aliens... and horses...

I'd like to see a companion who, like most of those in the old show, had no romantic interest in the Doctor. Maybe some of Turlough or Tegan's half-suspicion. Maybe some of the puppy-dog hero-worship of Adric. Not that I want annoying characters, but those were good dynamics taken to an extreme.

Here's one... two... Ian and Barbara. Simmering emotions for eachother, sometimes admiring, occasionally questioning the Doctor's motives, not really wanting to be with him... and not a single horny moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 5:16 pm

How about the Sarah Jane Dynamic? Kinda like best mates out for a stroll in the universe.

Although the concept of Leela was good also. Teaching a savege to be civilized.

Although Romana 2 was great also, she can hold her own but still get a little shocked at times.

Not to mention all those outfits she wore, the schoolgirl thing 20 years early!!! What a trendsetter!! Not to mention the outfit from Horns of Nimon, that had better be the outfit they put her figure in when they release it.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Sarah Jane was a good one, too. Very like the Ian/Barbara dynamic. Depending on the situation, she could question the Doctor, possibly oppose him... and not once, until School Reunion, did she act like she was in love with him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 8:42 pm

I always liked the Ian Barbara pairing, that is why I am looking forward to the Chase eventually coming out on DVD.

Be nice if someone wrote a companions book with the two of them after their travels. I dont think they would have gotten married or not, but after going through all they did they would be friends forever.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 11:19 pm

I also loved the Jamie/Victoria/Zoe dynamic...Hey who wouldn't fall for a guy in a kilt? There was no hanky panky in the tardis...leave it up to one's imagination instead of slapping you in the face.

As for Rose- she was quite a bit of a player... Mickey, Jack..Adam...had a little bit of a wandering eye. Her story and evolution of a character is complete...I can't see what needs to be added...Loved her-now let's move on.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 3:25 pm

I have a feeling that Cathryn Tate's character will stay romance-free when it comes to the good Doctor.

As far as Rose goes... I don't know. I was fully expecting her to return to see number 10 move on to 11, but I'm not really sure where this will go. Bringing her back for good - a little more mature and experienced wouldn't bother me, but a 3 episode cameo just seems a little cheesey. Her return would have to be just as emotional and dramatic as her departure and I just don't see that happening unless... well, fingers crossed. I'd rather watch a lame cameo than see David leave the show.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Official line from Who News page at BBC...

Quote :
Following a series of unconfirmed reports across the media this morning, we're delighted to officially confirm that Billie Piper will return as Rose Tyler in Series Four of Doctor Who.

Anything you may read elsewhere about when, how or for how long Rose returns to Doctor Who should be treated as pure speculation at this point.

Sounds like simple flashback stuff to me. Either way I get the impression from what little tidbits I've caught here and there that the Brits love Billie to pieces and it was something on the level of near total devastation when she left. Of course that's from the media slant so it may be the wrong impression. If it's not though and they are trying to appease their home audience, our thoughts will be summarily dismissed.

While we're voting, if you toss out ANY possible romantic angles, I'd like to see Jack and some more problems that only time lord/agent knowledge could handle. Of course that would mean no Torchwood and I'm really looking forward to the where the storylines might go after moving to another channel and the ending of Season 3.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 1:13 pm

I think Rose had run her course.

It seems a bit like the series of late is falling back on itself like the series did very much in the 1980's.
Back to top Go down
doctorwhofan11
doctorwhofan11

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-21

She's back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's back...   She's back... EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:15 pm

I, personally, am glad that Billie Piper is coming back. I think that having the Doctor fall for one of his companions, and visa versa, was a smart thing to do. It mixes things up for awhile.
Back to top Go down

She's back...
Page 1 of 1