After the Fact Revelation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Whovian

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

After the Fact Revelation Empty
PostSubject: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:38 pm

I grew up with classic Who: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and Colin Baker. I have recently been watching the older episodes to see how they've held up over the years. I had a startling "after the fact" revelation.

I'll just come out and say it. It has to do with female companions. We all liked them, let's not deny it. Sarah Jane Smith was classic, Leela wore the skimpy outfit, Romana (1st incarnation) and Nyssa were gorgeous, Peri...er...we won't go there...and Ace was cool.

Those are all obvious. Even watching them at a younger age...I appreciated them. If you know what I mean. But there was one that I missed.

Tegan.

Is it me, or was she one of the most overlooked companions? There are certain episodes (think Enlightenment) where you see her and are like "Oh...my...goodness."

Is it an appreciate-with-age sort of thing? Can anybody relate to my current Tegan fascination?
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:28 pm

Can't stand her. Great legs, but she annoys the crap out of me...shrill, not all that bright, constantly complaining...

But if we're just talking about her legs, I agree...Tegan is often overlooked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Whovian

PostSubject: Fiesty   After the Fact Revelation EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Yes, she was quite feisty. I like feisty.

P.S. She's coming back in 2010! cheers
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 pm

Oh, you're frakking kidding me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 am

I liked Tegan just because she gave the Doctor so much crap and gave him a reason to go into his completely exasperated routine that Peter Davison did so well. You know, like he was taking a passel of kids on a field trip and they just wouldn't behave.

I honestly think she cheesed him off more than the Daleks, Cyberman and Master combined and you just have to admire that. I'm surprised she didn't make him re-evaluate his love for the human species.

And yeah, she had great legs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Whovian

PostSubject: Bringing her back   After the Fact Revelation EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah, I was glad to see that they are bringing her back next season. They really need to bring back more old companions, just to help the show survive and give it some credibility. I say that because the initial feeling about the Matt Smith episodes is that it's going to be a Dawson's Creek in space.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 am

This thread is actually the first I've heard that she's coming back. Interesting choice for a comeback. I think its cool in moderation, maybe one a season would be fine with me, but something like that could get out of hand real fast.

I'm of the camp that thought Rose should NEVER have been brought back. They did such a remarkable job with the scene that saw her off, it cheapens it to keep bringing her back.

That having been said, I always LOVED when the a later Doctor would reference an earlier Doc's companions (like #4 asking after Leela in Arc of Infinity). It was just cool for the continuity.

Maybe Tegan will pontificate more on the meaning of the word IF!

If we had an Index File, we could look up Index File in the Index File!!!

Doc #5 must have kept a bottle of Scotch hidden under the console.
Back to top Go down
Whovian

PostSubject: I agree.   After the Fact Revelation EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:05 pm

I have to agree with you on the Rose thing. Bringing her back was kind of pointless.

I am assuming that the older (read wiser) Tegan will be more mellowed out. Much in the same way that Sarah Jane Smith mellowed out for the new Sarah Jane Adventures. (Go back and watch some of the early SJ Tom Baker episodes...she gets so frightened she can barely catch her breath.)

One more thing about Sarah Jane. I think she's awesome in the spin off series and she looks amazing for her age. Can't wait to see Tegan again.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:00 pm

we named our dog tegan.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 pm

LOL, all that made me think about was...

"We named the dog Indiana."
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: After the Fact Revelation   After the Fact Revelation EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:43 pm

as i was typing same thing here.
Back to top Go down

After the Fact Revelation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: