48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Big Chief products - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Agreed, LastWho.

Expensive, but worth it.
Glad you guys liked the video review! Smile
I can't wait to find a place to display him properly. I'm thinking of putting him in my office at work.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:36 pm

1 left
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Sold Out!!! Congrats to all who got such a wonderful figure.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am

Back to one more piece.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Sold out again for good this time. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Once again BCS fails to live up to their word. *SIGH*
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am

Interesting. BC have announced that they are shopping around for a new distributor.

Keith/Jany, are you two planning on putting your hats in the ring?

*prays*

Wink
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 am

Big Chief products - Page 7 NbiMu
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am

pixletwin wrote:
Big Chief products - Page 7 NbiMu

Very cool - I saw their announcement today. Gonna have to start saving up for this one...
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

I'm still thinking about that Fourth Doctor one...
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am

SeaDevil wrote:
I'm still thinking about that Fourth Doctor one...

Heck yeah! I'm hoping that they are working on a Third Doctor one; I'd love to see how that one will look...
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Heck yeah! I'm hoping that they are working on a Third Doctor one; I'd love to see how that one will look...

Ummm...how about...amazing????!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

I just hope Tennant does well enough that they give us TOM B sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:06 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
guvnagrover wrote:

Ummm...how about...amazing????!!!! Very Happy

Haha yeah, no doubt! Wonder if they will make companions to go along with each Doctor (since we know that 11 is getting two - Amy and Clara).

Who should the companions be for the Third and Fourth?
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Sarah Jane

Romana
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 am

Only a 1000 worldwide and ONLY sold through them!
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Big Chief products - Page 7 615261_10152107369671002_1713103835_o
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm on the fence about this one. Not because of David Tennant, but it's a lot more expensive to buy directly from Big Chief. With exchange rate and taxes we are looking at $250-$275 delivered. I can get Matt Smith for about 175-180 delivered right now.
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm

I feel the same way, and with all of the doom and gloom business statements that BC is making, it seems very unlikely that we'll get all 11 Doctors. And since we may not be getting them, I may just wait until the 4th Doctor get here and set him next to Matt!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am

LastWho wrote:
I feel the same way, and with all of the doom and gloom business statements that BC is making, it seems very unlikely that we'll get all 11 Doctors.

I haven't kept up with all of BC's news; what doom and gloom business statements have they made? Regardless I'll buy whichever 12" Doctors they release.

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 am

I don't think they were being doom and gloom, they were just trying to give people a sense of the realities of making these things. I think they are just saying they have to proceed carefully and smartly. Here's their post:

Quote :
We know how eager you guys are for further information and for updates. As you know we have been busily seeking necessary funding to achieve our plans and it is not easy in the current economic climate. It has taken far too much of our time and believe me it is very boring. Nowhere near as much fun as getting products developed and seeing them come to life. Sadly it is unavoidable in business though.

Manufacturing and selling products is harder than ever, especially with rising costs from China, which result in increased selling prices to the end customer. Believe when I say that as a business we take increasing costs very seriously. We are all too aware of how hiked up prices reduce sales, with customers put off by higher and higher ticket prices. It is not something we take lightly.

Setting pricing is very much like making a pie and unfortunately in this day and age, too many people want larger slices of that pie. There is only so much to go around and everyone needs to make a fair amount to sustain their respective businesses. When you take into account development cost, product cost, licensor royalty, distributor margin and retailer margin, it does not leave a lot of money left over for the manufacturer to re-invest into future products. Like other manufacturers out there we are being squeezed from all angles.

Customers’ expectations for a product are higher than ever and the costs to achieve the quality necessary to meet these expectations is very high. As such the selling price too is high, which means that the products do not get the level of support required to generate enough profit for re-investment.

To this end we made the decision to release the Tenth Doctor as a BIG Chief exclusive for the 50th Anniversary. This will, we hope, generate additional revenue to develop and manufacture the products that we know you are all craving for.

You wanted honesty, you got it. All we ask in return is that you urge your friends and fellow collectors to sign-up and order the Tenth Doctor.

Thanks BCS

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 am

An ok, gotcha. Thanks for sharing that jonwes!
Back to top Go down
Glitz
Glitz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:58 am

It's (literally) their business- but I question the wisdom of making one of the most popular Doctors ever an exclusive that'll be that much more pricey than Smith. I passed on Smith b/c of the price. I was contemplating maybe getting the Tennant one, but there's no way I can justify a quarter of a thousand bucks. This could've been a "gateway drug" for collectors, but now it looks like they're already winding down the line and just trying to make back what they can. Reminds me of Sideshow's James Bond line. As soon as they were announcing Q and Jaws as exclusives, the writing was on the wall the line was pretty much done.

Funny how back when those Sideshow exclusives were announced in the $60 range, many people balked at the "outrageous" prices. What a difference ten years can make.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 am

Well, if they were ever going to hold onto a Doctor, Tennant is a good one. They do plan on making more for wider distribution in 2014 if there's enough demand for it. It's just that if you want Tennant in 2013 you have to order from them so they can recoup as much cost as possible.
Back to top Go down
Glitz
Glitz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 am

jonwes wrote:
Well, if they were ever going to hold onto a Doctor, Tennant is a good one. They do plan on making more for wider distribution in 2014 if there's enough demand for it. It's just that if you want Tennant in 2013 you have to order from them so they can recoup as much cost as possible.

Hrrm- if they're questioning if there'll be enough demand for Tennant w/ their business model, then that makes me think any Doctors beyond 11, 10, and 4 aren't all that likely. Time will tell I guess.

But my point's that I think they'd make up the difference (and more) in volume. Admittedly, the $175 market is small as is, but $250... you're really dealing with a select crowd. I'm a 1/6 collectin' freak (and a diehard Whovian, obviously) and I wouldn't permit myself to pay that. A Tennant figure would be a relatively huge deal that could bring in new fans, and cement the collectability of the line (once ya have two Doctors, you're on the path to wanting them all). If anything, they should be trying to figure out how to get the price down on a Tennant figure.

Back to top Go down

Big Chief products
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next