CJSchmidt
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
keboepple

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Another thought:

Do Superheroes fit into Science Fiction or are they a different genre?

Keith Boepple
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Warehouse 13 is good too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keboepple

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:46 pm

I agree about Warehouse 13. Is it still on?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:49 pm

keboepple wrote:
Another thought:

Do Superheroes fit into Science Fiction or are they a different genre?

Keith Boepple

That's a toughie... usually I find myself separating comics and heroes into their own genre. If fantasy is thrown in, I can see including them.

Or, you can go based on what made/ makes them who they are. Dr Fate and Zatanna would be fantasy. Aliens (Supes, Martian Manhunter) and those with tech or science origins would be more sci fi.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:58 pm

keboepple wrote:
I agree about Warehouse 13. Is it still on?

Yeah should be coming back on in the summer. Smile
Back to top Go down
keboepple

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:58 pm

So where would you put Hulk, Spiderman, and other such heros?

The superhero movies seem to fit into various genres (I see them listed all over the place from Adventure to Science Fiction to Fantasy to Family Fare).

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Hulk and Spidey go under Altered Humans... since they were altered by science means (radioactivity) and underwent mutations, I would go sci fi with them.

And what about horror? Take characters like Ghost Rider and Blade. I consider their stories and characters as horror. Where do you place demons and vampires if you only have sci fi or fantasy to choose from?

What about Alec Holland? The Swamp Thing and Saga of Swamp Thing titles were mostly horror titles, yet you can say Alec's origin was sci fi, being doused and mutated by the bio-restorative formula. When they turned him into a plant elemental, that could be more fantasy.

Putting anything comic/ hero related into it's own genre makes it much simpler.

Back to top Go down
keboepple

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Agreed. I appreciate your thinking process Cruel Angel. I will have to keep an eye open for your posts.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 am

well i cut my baby teeth on the twlight zone and star trek tos and they will always be favs of mine. then tom baker came into my life and became my favorite character of all time. from there stng got me and i still love it to this day. next would have to be the x-files pre mulder leaving the show especially the non mythology episodes that just stand alone as really great stories. i remember watching firefly and thinking well if this guy did buffy maybe i need to come down off my high horse and check this out and i did. i love all the whedon shows, the man can do no wrong in my opinion and i was blessed to have a father who first off put firefly in my hand and said son you need to watch this and having the same father's dvd library which already had complete runs of buffy and angel to watch. i love my dad, he is the biggest influence on the way i grew up watching sci fi and fantasy. as ive said before when he realized i loved doctor who as a child he recorded all of them on vhs for me and thats how i had a library of who my whole life. i really love lost, and the new battlestar. there are so many great shows to choose from but i believe the aformentioned are my favorites. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am

Oh Twilight Zone is great. The original I mean. Smile Same goes for original The Outer Limits.

Favorite episodes The Zanty Misfits and The Galaxy Being. cheers
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 am

i always loved demon with a glass hand in the outer limits. great.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 am

hitman hart wrote:
i always loved demon with a glass hand in the outer limits. great.

also a great one. lots of great episodes. Many are my favorites. so hard to name all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mike7184

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:59 am

Eureka is too good........
Back to top Go down
http://www.edogo.com/

Best SciFi franchise (after Who)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3