27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Best SciFi franchise (after Who) Empty
PostSubject: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 pm

I'd have to say Firefly, personally. Also a big Trek fan. B5 was great too... and the original Star Wars. Quantum Leap was a fav as well.

Oh, who's kidding, I love them all.
Back to top Go down
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Buffy/Angel for me.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 pm

After WHO I would say Star Trek: TOS and Red Dwarf
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
rplath

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Of them all, THE PRISONER still remains the best TV show I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. My favorite may be DW, but The Prisoner is, in my mind, the best.

Other fantastic shows I love: THE TRIPODS, Blake's7, Babylon 5, Star Trek (especially Voyager), and ... SPACE:1999.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 9:17 pm

rplath wrote:
Star Trek (especially Voyager), and ... SPACE:1999.

A VOYAGER fan? Wow, I thought we were few and far between. Razz
Back to top Go down
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 11:01 pm

I am a huge Prisoner fan, but with only 17 episodes it is sometimes years between viewings.

Blakes 7 was a great series, and I watch that every few years from start to finish. I wish we had DVDs over here. I have to stick to my home made DVDs on that one.

Probe was the series that should have been huge but never caught on. I have them on VHS and wish we could get that on DVD as well. Parker was great, and you could really believe him as a scientist.

Star Trek TOS is the best Trek IMHO. I never got into the rest, but TNG does get my attention once in a while.

The Dead Zone on USA started strong but faltered around the third season. Still a great show and I would recommend the DVDs.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 2:19 am

As far as sci fi series go, I own a lot...

My favorites include:
Space: 1999
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Battlestar Galactica (original series)
Red Dwarf
Babylon 5
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek Voyager

Honorable mentions go to the following simply because they are not "sci fi" in the purest sense, but close enough to merit ownership by sci fi fans:
Lord of the Rings Extended Edition
Smallville
Alias
MST3K

Keith Bradbury
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 2:23 am

I also like Star Wars and Star Trek, especially Deep Space Nine and Lord of the Rings -- anyone see Neverwhere? cheers
Back to top Go down
tbowden
tbowden

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 2:44 am

Well... seeing as I haven't seen it represented, I've gotta give it its due....

FARSCAPE!
Back to top Go down
rplath

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 1:19 pm

Oh, Doctor Xombie ... I practically LIVED on Voyager for it's duration. It was very much a shaky and scary time in my life and Voyager was my anchor every week. It was about people who didn't want to be in the bad situation they were in and surviving with dignity and integrity intact. Although the series didn't touch on as many topics as some of the others, the overall themes and the strenghth of the characters was a real boost each week. "To the journey," as they say.

And Keith, oh Keith ... Buck Rogers?!

Wink
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 1:59 pm

For those MST3K fans out there:

Mike, Kevin, and Bill (Mike, Tom Servo, & Crow, respectively) started a new project called "RiffTrax". They are basically downloadable MST3K-style audio tracks for new/old movies.

My only complaint is that they should have licensed their MST3K personas from Big Brains and made the whole thing an official continuation of the series.

Most people don't seem to have any idea that the crew has gotten back together, so I thought I'd let anyone interested know.

Check our www.rifftrax.com if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 3:57 am

My money is on Blake's Seven, Red Dwarf, and Babylon Five.
BTVS, Angel, and Firefly/Serenity are all very close to my heart as well since I have been involved with a convention celebrating them since its inception in 2003.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 am

Okay, I forgot to add Farscape, my bad. I love that series.

And yes, I'm a huge Buck Rogers fan. I love it because it was just fun, light-hearted, and so "disco." It never takes itself too seriously. I love Glen Larson shows, and I even like Galactica 1980....
Back to top Go down
dalekman
dalekman

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Babylon Five for me, though it's really hard to choose.
Back to top Go down
rplath

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 6:12 pm

GALACTICA 1980?! Oh my HEAVENS!!! The horror, the HORROR!! affraid

*laughs* I will admit to watching and enjoying both Buck and 1980 when they came out, and since we're all Who fans here, I think we can understand the enjoyment factor of what others might term "shaky." Just giving you a hard time.

Mind you, my favorite of the Alien films is "Alien 3," so my taste can't be much to measure by, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 1:43 am

rplath wrote:
Mind you, my favorite of the Alien films is "Alien 3," so my taste can't be much to measure by, eh? Wink

Would that have anything to do with the fact that it's got the 8th Doctor in it? Wink
Back to top Go down
rplath

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 10:41 am

Having Paul Mcgann in anything can't hurt! Wink
Back to top Go down
cmdrkoenig67
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 4:04 pm

I love Space:1999 (first season mostly)...In fact, I'm obsessed with it...I also love the Avengers (it's sort of Sci-Fi).

I'm a big fan of Buffy/Angel(both more Fantasy/Horror, than Sci-Fi) too. As a kid, I fell in love with the original Star Wars trilogy (I'm still a bit of a fan)...Unfortunately, I can't stand the prequels.

Dana
Back to top Go down
Northerner
Northerner

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 7:28 pm

My favorites include: (no particular order)

Space: 1999
U.F.O.
Battlestar Galactica (new)
Babylon 5
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
all Star Treks
Star Wars
Firefly
Smallville
Lois & Clark
Night Stalker (original)
6 Million Dollar Man
Dark Angel
Xena & Hercules
Seaquest
Earth 2
X-Files
Jake 2.0
Space Above & Beyond
Mann & Machine
Dune

more im sure that just dont come to mind right now
Back to top Go down
measkren
measkren

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm surprised no one mentioned the original Outer Limits... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://home.pacbell.net/measkren/
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 9:55 pm

I want to throw in that Quark is probably one of the best sci fi comedy series ever...and since there aren't very many to begin with, that may not sound very impressive.

...wait for the bee...
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2007 11:52 am

I remember Quark! I liked that show. Haven't seen it for 20ish years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cyberstrike
Cyberstrike

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Outside of all of Star Trek, Firefly, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica (new and old)
I seem to favor more animation and anime sci-fi shows like: Transformers (all of them), Robotech, Voltron: Defender of the Universe, Batman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Superman:TAS, Justice League, Justice League Unlimted, Gundam, and Macross.

My favorite movies frachices: The Matrix Trilogy, Superman, and The Star Wars saga.
Back to top Go down
http://cyberstrike.conforums.com/index.cgi
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyFri May 25, 2007 12:04 am

Star Trek next gen should get credit for briging life back into the sci-fi realm I'd say.

Buk Rogers that show was awsome when I was a kid! Hawk ruled! He was the snake-eyes, soundwave, Roy Fokker, sven type guy for that show.

X-files always had some exceptional episodes

Twilight zone anyone?

Anime favs: MOTU new and old, transfomers, GI joe, Robotech, The batman(new series is great even though they've added batgirl and robin and soon JL), plus anyone remember Tranzor Z?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

PostSubject: Re: Best SciFi franchise (after Who)   Best SciFi franchise (after Who) EmptyFri May 25, 2007 12:16 am

LakeErieMonster wrote:
Twilight zone anyone?

You know it!!! That show is in a class by itself. Smile
Back to top Go down

Best SciFi franchise (after Who)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next