terrasolo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 am

This Saturday my friend and I headed to the PA Ren Faire dressed as the Doctor and Rose from Tooth& Claw (Yes we know it was the wrong year but we had a back story all planned out so we were prepared!). Now there are a few inconsistencies, firstly Rose should be blond but in fairness my friend didn't want to dye her hair for a day. And my Tennant is more a 42 look with Tooth & Claw colors but that was deliberate due to the weather, I would have been way to hot had I worn the fully story look.

But the effect was great. We expected a small handful of people to get a kick out of it, but we were not prepared for what really happened! SO MANY people recognized us and I can't tell you how many people asked for photographs and hugs! I loved the hugs, that was nice. It was such a fun day I can't say I have a day that fun in a very long time.

The people who worked at the Renfair, and who are not allowed to break character, found sly ways to recognize us by keeping in character and pretending to know us due to his time travel etc. But the best part? They asked us to join their parade! We marched in the Renfair Parade to the human chess match. Oh the faces of the fans who recognized us but even better were the faces of those who were so confused by seeing us in the parade! That was hilarious. lol

Anyway our goals:
1) try the psychic paper and get in for free (even though we bought tickets just wanted to use it and see) It worked because the ticket girl recognized us! (but in fairness I gave her my ticket still, shouldn't have though) Goal Achived!
2) Find the Queen to "make sure she was safe" from Werewolf threats (remember the real threat land 300 years before Tooth& Claw) Goal achieved!
3) Have "Rose" get her to say " we are not amused" Sure it was the wrong queen but she still said it in other places of the renfair, but sadly our Rose had no luck here.
4)Find a werewolf, we found man dressed as a pirate (it was pirate week) who loved Tooth & Claw so much that he tattooed the werewolf on his chest! Goal Achieved!

After that we wanted to keep a tally of people who recognized us and people who asked for pics, but once we lost track of that we decided to keep a tally of those who hugged us (and those who actually "squeed") and lost track again!

Anyway, enough about that, the pics. We stayed in character the whole time with minimal exception.

Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire 311240_10150385413631063_649296062_10586659_1289573831_n

Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire 292760_10150385413056063_649296062_10586648_917810498_n

Last edited by terrasolo on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 am

that must have been a blast!! I always wanted to go to one of those fairs in a Starfleet uniform or something, like we found an alien planet with an old Earth culture, but the Doctor is so much better!
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 am

That so rocks! I agree with Ronpur going to one of those events dressed like that would be so cool to see. I'm sure people at first are confused, but I bet they found it entertaining in the end. I have a coworker who attended that event in garb, I'll have to ask if she saw you guys. Again really cool!
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

Did she go one Saturday? 9-17? If so I would love to know if she saw us. Is she a Who fan?

The only confused people were those clearly never saw the show before and who saw us in the parade or getting our pic taken. Other than than those who knew the show their faces lit up when they saw it. It was so cool.

And Ronpur, yesterday I saw that some people have done Stargate SG1 in past events and that made sense to me as well. But Doctor Who was just too perfect I thought.

It was great to see the people who work there trying not to break character (which they aren't supposed to do) but still trying to acknowledge us. I may go back again. Either by myself or with a group of people who told me they are going another day.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Your friend who portrayed Rose is... um... quite a striking young lady.

Cool idea. I've seen people do the Star Trek thing before. Doctor Who is a much better idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 pm

2 things come to mind when I see your friend......I'll leave it there! Razz

*twists the calice round my thigh*
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

@Calixar I'll be sure to pass that on to her Smile Yeah we were pretty proud of ourselves really for this one. I mean as I said the response was way better than we expected so we are planning on hitting up the maryland fair one day as well now. Too much fun.

@workstinx Behave! Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:28 pm

terrasolo wrote:
@workstinx Behave! Wink

Sorry.....too busy tightening my calice!....please talk amongst yourselves! Razz
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:07 pm

You two look really good!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Awesome!

Also, you've given me an idea beyond my usual "Hedge Wizard" ensemble...
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks guys! And yeah, totally go as the Doctor at least in PA it was completely appreciated.
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:35 pm

terrasolo wrote:
Did she go one Saturday? 9-17? If so I would love to know if she saw us. Is she a Who fan?

The only confused people were those clearly never saw the show before and who saw us in the parade or getting our pic taken. Other than than those who knew the show their faces lit up when they saw it. It was so cool.

And Ronpur, yesterday I saw that some people have done Stargate SG1 in past events and that made sense to me as well. But Doctor Who was just too perfect I thought.

It was great to see the people who work there trying not to break character (which they aren't supposed to do) but still trying to acknowledge us. I may go back again. Either by myself or with a group of people who told me they are going another day.

She went on Sunday, but she heard from alot of people about seeing you and how they enjoyed it. She knows of Who, but not really a fan however she liked your coat. I had to fill her in on all the background and info of course.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Great pictures! I think your friend is gorgeous. Your ten coat looks amazing, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks Bret! I'll make sure she know that. The coat I love, it's really well done and feels great. Both the coat and suit were made by Magnoli Clothiers http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/ . I got the suit in 2007 and the coat in 2009 or 2010. It's actually the third coat I had him make because he learned a thing or two since my first one or two Wink

I also now have him making me a new Tennant suit as well, although his work is pretty darn spot on, I know he learned a few more things, namely the pattern for the Gap pants that were used from Tennant and reweaved fabric made to match the Gap fabric nearly 100%. So my new suit should be even closer to Tennant's than the one I have and the one I have is the same cut and pattern as his as it is. Can't wait for it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 am

Great pics - I want your suit and coat!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:23 am

I'm pretty late to the thread.... While everyone compliments your friend, I'd like to add that you make a pretty fantastic-looking Doctor yourself!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Indeed! You both look great!
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire   Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

This made me laugh guys, especially the part where the ticket gal was gonna let you in with the psychic paper.

Very very cool!
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com

Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire
Page 1 of 1