jaredofmo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:11 pm

User drei85 posted this on IMDb. It sounds like something Moffat could pull... So consider it a possible spoiler.

... It's a really cool theory, though.

Quote :
I think the Flesh and them making sure Amy accepted the sentient copy of Flesh as the real person is an out for Melody Pond the baby.

River Song is alive, in a computer. The Master has escaped from more serious deaths than that.

The Flesh can replicate Gallifreyan physiology. The Doctor made sure to study it.

While non-sentient copies of Flesh aren't technically an individual copy of the person yet, the Flesh still the person's molecular structure in its collective memory. The Doctor implied that the Flesh Doctor could come back if it tried hard enough. The blob of Flesh in the acid mine remembered every death.

They made it clear that the TARDIS is able to stabilize the Flesh, make them even more "real." It didn't do it with Flesh-Amy because it was an avatar, not a separate person, and it didn't have a reason to. The TARDIS, however, also knows Melody Pond/River Song and thinks of her as sort of a daughter, too.

The TARDIS doesn't mind new bodies. It lives with a Time Lord. And it has a chameleon circuit. It's very accepting of identities.

Baby Melody Pond's molecular structure is in the Flesh's memory. The half-human half-time lord, completely Pond-Williams DNA baby.

The Library interface computers have Fleshy looking faces. If the Library itself was a Silence base, (the library has The Silence in it, through its very history) then it may have vats of the Flesh in it. They did use them to trick the Doctor.

When the Doctor figures it out, he can very well hook up the Library computer to the Flesh, and bring back the body of baby Melody Pond to download River into.

If it occurs at the end of Eleven and Amy and Rory's tenure in the series, then River could ask the Doctor to use a chameleon arc on her new body, so she can be raised as a human by her parents. The fob watch can be given to the Ponds for when/if they decide to let River integrate into Melody Pond.

And then the Ponds' tenure as companions can end with the requisite happy ending of them raising their baby and River Song being out of the computer.

The TARDIS would be happy to stabilize Melody Pond's molecular structure, turning her from Flesh to Human/Time Lord completely.

Rory was an auton, made of plastic, he might be open to concept that their baby just happens to be in a new body. It's still their baby. And the Doctor tried very very hard to make sure Amy accepted the idea that the Flesh people are the people they appear to be. Then Amy became Flesh, and then experienced first hand that holding the Flesh copy of Melody Pond was exactly the same as holding her baby.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:14 pm

It would be a cool way to bring River's story full circle, and send the Pond/Williams family off on a happy life at home.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Not quite sure I understand this to be honest. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Scary wrote:
Not quite sure I understand this to be honest. Laughing
Basically, using The Flesh, The TARDIS Chameleon Arch, and the data ghost of River Song (or possibly when she was yet alive), the Doctor could create a baby Melody Pond for Amy and Rory to raise like a normal family.
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm

nice theory, would be great if it happened that way, we can hope and pray.

Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 pm

First off, and i'm really not trying to be negative here, I'm tired of people trying to "bring River back" from the library. Her sacrifice MADE that story. To bring her back would make it into a "comic book death" (no one stays dead).

Second, while this theory does hold weight, it's a cheap cop-out for the "Flesh". I liked the autons, I enjoyed the library, but the whole concept of the "Flesh" should be forgotten. I mean, we could replace the Doctor with the "Flesh" when he dies (really hope this isn't what moffat is planning).

Rant over, sorry.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:52 pm

I still think the Astronaut is the Time police robot in Astro-mode. Anyone also notice the
name of the Lake is Lake Silencio in Utah =Silence? Hmm my cat figured that one out lol. I think the worst thing in all this has to be dying in Utah ick not the best state lol

Folks we know there are christmas specials, Season 7 so the Dr Lives.

Eye patch lady will be brought to justice and is the new Depends undergarment spokes person i saw it in a pop up ad on here above. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:05 pm

I think if Moffat took the easy way out and just said that the doctor that gets killed is only the flesh doctor, i would be hugely disappointed and it would probably change my view of Steven Moffat forever. But i expect it to be even more great writing then he has already wrote.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:10 pm

All this is way too complicated. There's more of a chance of just finding the real her as a child and them taking her home. Just look at every 'mystery' so far these past couple years.....none of the reveals have been very difficult to predict..you see them coming ahead of time. This is just over-complicating it.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:41 am

kcooper76 wrote:
All this is way too complicated. There's more of a chance of just finding the real her as a child and them taking her home. Just look at every 'mystery' so far these past couple years.....none of the reveals have been very difficult to predict..you see them coming ahead of time. This is just over-complicating it.

Hmm, agreed. It'll most likely just be a case of "Hey, I'm River Song, thanks for killing Kovarian and saving me! La la la laaaa laaaaaaaa! See you again next series!" Cos if this series finale is anything like series 5's then it'll be a big jumble of confusing rubbish. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
KIRKESS

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-09-20

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:53 pm

TIME is BEING REWRITTEN
I’m going to base my opinion on the premise every scene is planned and there are NO BLOOPERS. One gets use to bloopers such as (cigarette) smoke emanating from Bones’ medical equipment. The premise of no bloopers in “Dr Who” is based on the Doctor was wearing a jacket when he talked to Amy, in the artificial forest, when he had lost it in a previous scene. When I first saw this I jumped to the conclusion it was a BLOOPER.

In the 11th Hour, (a homage to Pertwee’s stealing clothing and a car in his introduction), what appeared to be Rory’s car was parked in the parking lot. However, Amy and Rory got into the car in front of a building. Did the Doctor “borrow” the car? Rory was in the presences of Amy and the Doctor through out the scene and yet when it came time to get in the car there was no hesitation as to its position. Hence I concluded the memory of its position was “rewritten” into Amy and Rory.

River and the Doctors First Kiss is a “Dear Diary” entry. I analysis the “First Kiss and the Last Kiss” from a chronology point of view, I concluded the “First Kiss” is OUT of sequence relative to River Song‘s time stream.

Melody Pond KILLED the Doctor. This event was a fix moment in time and space. However, the action played out as if this was not the case. This was not a mistake, TIME WAS BEING REWRITTEN.

In “Dr Who’s Christmas Carol” new memories were being “written”.

My conclusion: "Nobody Kills the Doctor". Time gets rewritten, the Doctor lives on.

Questions to ponder.
Who took over the Tardis??? Was it the Doctor’s alter self???
If the Silence wanted the Doctor dead then why did they blow up the Tardis if they knew Melody Pond killed him????
Was the “Silence” really involve in blowing up the Tardis or is there another adversary who wanted “OUR” universe to end????
Is Moffet paying homage to Life, the Universe and Everything??? (see http ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life,_the_Universe_and_Everything)
Is the unknown adversary a “VOID CREATURE”??? Void Creatures, having to endure the Daleks and Cybermen, decided everything must go (Krikkit). Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

KIRKESS wrote:
TIME is BEING REWRITTEN
I’m going to base my opinion on the premise every scene is planned and there are NO BLOOPERS. One gets use to bloopers such as (cigarette) smoke emanating from Bones’ medical equipment. The premise of no bloopers in “Dr Who” is based on the Doctor was wearing a jacket when he talked to Amy, in the artificial forest, when he had lost it in a previous scene. When I first saw this I jumped to the conclusion it was a BLOOPER.

In the 11th Hour, (a homage to Pertwee’s stealing clothing and a car in his introduction), what appeared to be Rory’s car was parked in the parking lot. However, Amy and Rory got into the car in front of a building. Did the Doctor “borrow” the car? Rory was in the presences of Amy and the Doctor through out the scene and yet when it came time to get in the car there was no hesitation as to its position. Hence I concluded the memory of its position was “rewritten” into Amy and Rory.

River and the Doctors First Kiss is a “Dear Diary” entry. I analysis the “First Kiss and the Last Kiss” from a chronology point of view, I concluded the “First Kiss” is OUT of sequence relative to River Song‘s time stream.

Melody Pond KILLED the Doctor. This event was a fix moment in time and space. However, the action played out as if this was not the case. This was not a mistake, TIME WAS BEING REWRITTEN.

In “Dr Who’s Christmas Carol” new memories were being “written”.

My conclusion: "Nobody Kills the Doctor". Time gets rewritten, the Doctor lives on.

Questions to ponder.
Who took over the Tardis??? Was it the Doctor’s alter self???
If the Silence wanted the Doctor dead then why did they blow up the Tardis if they knew Melody Pond killed him????
Was the “Silence” really involve in blowing up the Tardis or is there another adversary who wanted “OUR” universe to end????
Is Moffet paying homage to Life, the Universe and Everything??? (see http ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life,_the_Universe_and_Everything)
Is the unknown adversary a “VOID CREATURE”??? Void Creatures, having to endure the Daleks and Cybermen, decided everything must go (Krikkit). Evil or Very Mad

I like your theory but i still think your missing one major thing.

The doctors death is a fixed point in time.
Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree, however, when the Daleks broke the barrier to other dimensions the Doctor, David, mentioned the void can wipe reality. He was sitting below the Void Sphere.

I would invoke "writer's prerogative" and wipe that event by allowing the void to "suck in" the commander(s). affraid

The command is never given. cheers
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 pm

The whole "fixed point in time" has gone out the window with Moffat in charge. Let's see, first off, the Doctor lied and killed the original Amy (The Girl Who Waited).

Then, we had him alter someone's entire life (The Christmas Carol Episode). During the Big Bang/Pandorica Opens, all of reality was re-booted.

All of this is leading up to the scene we saw at the beginning of the series "not actually happening". You can say what you want about RTD, but at least he never based an entire series off of the worst storyline Dallas ever came up with.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:14 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
The whole "fixed point in time" has gone out the window with Moffat in charge. Let's see, first off, the Doctor lied and killed the original Amy (The Girl Who Waited).what?

Then, we had him alter someone's entire life uh k? (The Christmas Carol Episode). During the Big Bang/Pandorica Opens, all of reality was re-booted.
This has completely nothing to do with fixed points in time

All of this is leading up to the scene we saw at the beginning of the series "not actually happening". You can say what you want about RTD, but at least he never based an entire series off of the worst storyline Dallas ever came up with.
Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:21 pm

I think I see how Moffat is going to extract the Doctor from his premature death and allow Amy and Rory raise Melody. He initiates his death at the hands of Melody too soon. He knows he invited Amy, Rory and River Song to watch him die. Amy told him in the Almost People. This gives him time to counter. Wibbly wobbly, timey, wimey. bounce

He "dies" by poison and then is saved by River. I think he knew Mels was River Song. Look at the evidence. In the "Time of Angles" River stated "I learned from the best". To which the Doctor said "Yea". River shot back "Too bad your were not there". This indicates that the Doctor was dieing from the poison and the TARDIS taught her how to fly it. As played out in "Let's Kill Hitler".

The TARDIS was taken over in "The Pandorica Opens". The Doctor said that she (River) was flying it wrong. River said "YOU TAUGHT ME". This is a new memory. As if the events in "Let's Kill Hitler" never happened. This event happened before the crash, time-wise, relative to River time stream. The Doctor is getting older as River is getting younger. As played out in the "Silence in the Library".

The next simplistic step is to destroy the command structure of the "Oder of the Silence" just after Melody was abducted but, before she was programmed to kill the Doctor. Doctor finds baby Melody (front to back). Amy and Rory leaves the Doctor and the TARDIS to raise their baby. cat Very Happy

The Doctor transfer and reintegrates River Song with Flesh. They both go after the unknown entity that took over the TARDIS.

Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Melody Pond Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melody Pond Theory   Melody Pond Theory EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:23 pm

could the little girl amy- actually be a projection from the tardis? Hmmm...Amy has never been real? All of these adventures have been a figment of the tardis' imagination?
Back to top Go down

Melody Pond Theory
Page 1 of 1