Scary
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm

i like root beer.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Prune Juice please.... a Warrior's drink!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm

I love how non of this is relevant to the Astronaut and the death of the Doctor what-so-ever... But okay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Scary wrote:
I love how non of this is relevant to the Astronaut and the death of the Doctor what-so-ever... But okay.

I now realize no topics stay like that in these forums. They always end up at either Star Wars, Star trek or Buffy.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Scary wrote:
So me and my friend were talking, and it's rumoured that it's gunna be like this....

River is the one in space suit that kills the Doctor (assumedly she's been manipulated by Kovarian), but then she breaks free from Kovarian and decides to go back in time and kill the Astronaut before she kills the Doctor. But if River kills the Astronaut, herself from the past, then she'll either create a paradox or her future self will cease to exist. So, Rory being the hero he is, decides to get in the space suit in her place and saves her daughter. Thus, River kills Rory ('The good man that she kills' and 'A good man goes to war') whom is in the Astronaut suit.... River lives on with the now saved Doctor along with Amy.

This is a really cool idea, and I hope it's close to what they end up doing... but without Rory dying.

Not only because I like Rory as a character, but also because I think that killing him off will have ZERO dramatic impact thanks to the many times we've seen him die...even if this death is 'for good'.

Amy dying, on the other hand, would be HUGE and unexpected... but since Karen Gillan has apparently confirmed she's back for another series, I don't think that will be the case.

I just hope all this Silence/River/Amy/Eyepatch stuff gets sorted out so that the 50th Anniversary season gets its own year-long storyline involving previous Doctors, monsters, companions, and adventures from the whole history of the show.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 pm

i have a new rather bizzare theory, the doctor is the astronaut. if someone else has said this i appologize but the thought accured to me as i was watching the 2nd part of scilence in the libray tonight. i noticed that river reffered to the doctor at the end of the story when he saved her and put her in the cpt as "that immpossible man" this is a fantastic leap i know but maybe not?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 pm

i still think the whole thing will be "rewritten", basically making this nothing more than a "who shot jr dream sequence". if i'm right, i hope i'm not the only one who is angered by moffat "rewriting" time to get out of a cheap storyline like the doctor being killed in front of everyone's eyes.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 pm

i think theres alot more going on than meets the eye in these story lines, i think the moff has put alot of effort into it. theres alot of things that i don't catch the first time because you don't know there important until later. for instance i was watchin the two part angels series from last season and in the opening sequence when the doctor and amy are in the museum he describes it as a monestary and the last resting place of the headless monks! who come in the next season. so there is alot going on, alot of clues and things that you may not know are clues till later which i have heard some people say are not proper clues because you cant figure them out which i will not argue with but i tell you for me personally im getting alot more fun out of rewatching last season and the 1rst half of this season because of these little things, i find myself being intriqued and guessing alot. so two thumbs up from me. i gotta go eat pizza! i shall return!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am

Personally I believe that the Astronaut is Buzz Aldrin, getting rid of the conspiracy theorists, who don't believe that we went to the moon.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm

good theory doctor detroit (good name and movie too), however i'm still around, so he'll never accomplish that.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 am

we totally went to the moon. its science fact. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:47 pm

hitman hart, i'm not disputing that. i just question which year we ACTUALLY went.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
hitman hart, i'm not disputing that. i just question which year we ACTUALLY went.

1968-1972
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:57 pm

I really can't fathom how anyone could doubt we went to the moon when we did.

I mean, how else were we supposed to find the Ark?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:45 pm

lol@rust. and just for the record, to prove me wrong, i want one (just one) picture of the original astronauts coming back down to earth. just one. sure, we saw something go up. i just want proof it came back down.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
and just for the record, to prove me wrong, i want one (just one) picture of the original astronauts coming back down to earth.

Apollo 11 Reentry

The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 A11_re-entry

Apollo 11 Reentry as filmed by Col. Oakly Baron, flying USAF-KC-135 Tail Number 123.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 pm

And there are plenty of pics from the helicopters and tracking ships showing the capsule under chute, and then the crew getting out of the same craft. I bet the Soviets would have loved to blow the story if they had not tracked the mission from liftoff to splashdown as well. Unless they are part of the conspiracy too.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Unless they are part of the conspiracy too.

bing, we have a winner!
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:21 pm

i still think the future Doctor realized that he and his younger self would be in the same time stream at the same time. Since the Timelords controlled the time streams and were no longer around. It fell to the Doctor.

Remember in Season one... Rose infected by the time vortex said:
I can see everything... all that is... all that was... all that ever could be. ...
The Doctor replied thats what he sees all the time, doesnt it drive you mad.

I think being the last of the Timelords it falls to him to maintain the basic rules to a degree.

So i think having his future self zapped saved the Time line.

(there is a season 7 so he doesnt die!!! So....... lol)
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

bing, we have a winner!

And that is about as likely as me dating Jennifer Aniston.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:43 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

bing, we have a winner!

Doesn't work unless you subscribe to the Illuminati theory of world government, and that theory simply doesn't hold water because if there really was a secret organization ruling the world they wouldn't bother to hide that fact. For their own egos if nothing else.

rmlextreme wrote:

Remember in Season one... Rose infected by the time vortex said:
I can see everything... all that is... all that was... all that ever could be. ...
The Doctor replied thats what he sees all the time, doesnt it drive you mad.

I think being the last of the Timelords it falls to him to maintain the basic rules to a degree.

He learns that lesson in Waters of Mars, where he learned what it means to alter a fixed point in time.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:40 pm

I would be a tad mad if rory was the good man who is killed. They have well played that card too often to the point- you expect the poor sod to come back next week. However I do think something about the silence in the library to have a huge play in the finale. Could the doctor- all of this time never had left the library- never regenerated-and is living in a fake recreated world...that is somehow manipulated by river?

Also really super confused by the regenerating girl. You assume the girl has regenerated because she was shot...but who is she going to regenerate into? Ah I need help..
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:58 pm

greenk9 wrote:
I would be a tad mad if rory was the good man who is killed. They have well played that card too often to the point- you expect the poor sod to come back next week.

Rory is the obvious one, but also a pretty big red herring. I'm formulating my own theories about who this "Good Man" is, especially considering she's in the custody of the Clerics.

Spoiler:

Quote :
However I do think something about the silence in the library to have a huge play in the finale. Could the doctor- all of this time never had left the library- never regenerated-and is living in a fake recreated world...that is somehow manipulated by river?

People are reading way too much into the title of that episode (I'd also point out that its second half was entitled Forest of the Dead). The significance of Silence/Forest, outside some clever word play by Moffat, is that it is the first time the Doctor meets River, and the last time River and the Doctor are together. That's the ultimate tragedy of their tale: Literally two star crossed lovers passing each other in the night, only able to be together for a little while, and never knowing what they had until it's passed.

As for never regenerating...David's gone. It's high passed time people accepted that fact and moved on. I loved David Tennant as the Doctor, but frankly I felt the last year of specials was designed to make his Doctor unlikable as possible, so I wasn't sad to see him go. I was sad to see him go still whining, though. ("I don't want to go..." Please. Even Davison had the dignity to not hesitate to sacrifice himself for another.)

Quote :

Also really super confused by the regenerating girl. You assume the girl has regenerated because she was shot...but who is she going to regenerate into? Ah I need help..

Personally, I think she's the Season Seven tie in. I stand by my suspicion that the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who will feature the return of the not-crazy Time Lords.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:55 pm

ah yes rust I would like a better take on the time lords- but I think that is wish full thinking...sigh. All we got was a spitting dalton.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)   The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:25 pm

you know- I do think that the little girl is the doctor... now listen I do sound crazy but I just watched the season 6 2 parter....

when the girl regenerates she says...it's o.k....it's all o.k. this is the same thing that the doc says while regenerating...

also other guess- could the silence in some way be connected to the cybermen???? They look cybermen-like....

o.k. I am officially super stupid at guessing but hey you never know...

Back to top Go down

The 'Astronaut Theory' (SPOILERS)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next