Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)

Go down 
+10
Redfern
DacaZ
Calixar
CrochetOwl
Wes Crayon
Ronpur
bret_owen99
timewarrior
jaredofmo
CGren123
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) Empty
PostSubject: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 am

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area, so I apologise if I'm in the wrong.

First off, let me say this. I don't know of any plans to bring back the Master. This is a PURE THEORY thread.
I wonder who'd be a good actor to play opposite Matt Smith's Doctor. If it were me, I'd cast an older actor, such as Alan Rickman, to play the Master. That way, it would put on a twisted spin on their relationship, with the older Master being all mocking while appear superior to the younger Smith.
Your thoughts, people
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 am

I heard John Simm has said he'll return to do a regeneration sequence for the Master.

I want Aidan Turner as the next Master.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Ah yes! I don't mind who plays the Master as long as he's a mad man! Will be sad to see John go though, because besides Yana, he was first Master.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:49 pm

I am the Master and you will obey me. . .
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:51 pm

you know as much as i liked simm, i would want someone like anthony ainley who did nothing but play the master. he took such glee in being so evil.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:48 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
you know as much as i liked simm, i would want someone like anthony ainley who did nothing but play the master. he took such glee in being so evil.

He did, and loved being the Master more than anything!
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:25 pm

As much as I loved Ainley's Master, I prefer Delgado's more subdued approach to the role. If the Master returns, I hope he's more along those lines -- and maintains a relatively cordial relationship with the Doctor. I'd love to see him do something completely wicked -- like outright kill a companion in cold blood -- and then proceed to offer the Doctor a Jammie Dodger. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:26 pm

I wouldnt mind if the Meddling Monk came back. More mischief than malice in him.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:19 pm

If they do bring back the Master, stop killing him off at the end of the story. Also, bring on a persona similar to Delgado's, the best Master of them all.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 pm

yeah. I liked in the Pertwee days how the Master was always lingering threat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:01 am

CrochetOwl wrote:
If they do bring back the Master, stop killing him off at the end of the story. Also, bring on a persona similar to Delgado's, the best Master of them all.

Yeah, I agree with this. I was actually glad they brought back Simms, even though it would have made more sense to regenerate him.

I'll give the nod to Delgado, even though I loved Ainley too. I think there was a little more latant respect between Pertwee and Delgado. It made the chemestry work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Supposedly Pertwee and Delgado became good friends off camera. So when Roger was killed in the vehicle accident, it reportedly devestated Jon. Rumor has it Pertwee would have stayed in the role longer if Delgado had been around.

But then again, you read a lot of things and wonder what is fact and what is merely show business "legend".

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:39 pm

I want Jonathan Pryce back as The Master.
It's too bad we didn't get more of Derek Jacobi's Master. He was badass.
It would also be cool if 11 encountered earlier versions of The Master since 3 met Master 12.
I'd like the new Rani played by Gillian Anderson rumor to pan out too.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeah I too would like to see an earlier version of an unseen
Master that is before the Delgado version.

Isn't Delgado technically Master version 11?
And the rest were all after the 12th and final in some fashion?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:32 pm

I had always assumed the decayed master was Delgado's Master. Some of his line are very Delgado. So that would make him 13. I have never seen anything official.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:18 pm

So when the Timelords brought him back for
the Time War he also got a whole new set of
regenerations as well?

If true then Eric Roberts would be the first of the new 12?

So it's

1.Roberts
2.Yana
3.Simm and Simm 2.0
4.TO BE CONTINUED

Patrick Stewart with a goatee would be great to
see in a movie verion.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 pm

No, both Ainley and Roberts were stolen bodies, not regenerations. As far as we know, Yana was the first of the new Masters.

I like the idea of Sir Patrick as the Master.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:34 pm

I can picture the Doctor calling him "egghead"
or something like that,hehe.

Then the Doctor regenerates into Jason Alexander
and the hilarity ensues.

Doctor "Who has no Hair" HaHa!

I smell wig of the week
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I have been thinking, if and when, the Master returns, will he still be evil? After his actions at the end of End of Time, he seams to have realized his insanity was from outside influences. With that gone, will he be good? Then again, we could always meet the 11th incarnation of the Master, or the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 pm

You can still be a power-hungry megalomanic who wants to rule the universe without being "evil". Maybe the new Master (physically or metaphorically) will be more controlled and trade in the over-the-top evil for something a little more grey.

So here's a question: Should the Master be similar to the Doctor, but bad, or should he counter the Doctor in all aspects?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Maybe he can more Sith-like, wanting piece and order in the universe, but using any means to get there. Killiing, manipulating time-lines, making-breaking alliances, anything to reach his goal of a universe following his version of order.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm

He should have a goatee.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
He should have a goatee.

You mean a "Rubbish beard?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Oh, you mean like a wife?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)   A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Yep, I expected that reply! Smile
Back to top Go down

A New Master for a New Doctor (No spoilers, just theory)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next