Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Babylon 5 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Passing Through Gethsemane - The always brilliant Brad Dourif is wonderful as Brother Edward, one of Theo's monks who is starting to remember his past. He was a murderer sentenced to "death of personality" and mind-wiped, but those blocks are breaking down. Excellent, nuanced performance from Dourif. Also, Lyta is back - from the Vorlon homeworld! And now working for Ambassador Kosh! My how she has changed...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:00 pm

My FAVORITE episode of Babylon Five. I actually lent it to my philosphy teacher so she could watch it and look at different ideas in the story.

Our schedule last semester was soo screwed up because of winter weather she didnt get the time to do it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:13 pm

I think the part of that episode that I found most moving was the block were broken, he remembered everything...and waited to receive punishment. He didn't simply revert back to being a killer, he'd had his perceptions shifted and understood what he did was wrong and was tremendously apologetic for his actions.

A beautiful episode.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 am

Indeed. Absolutely splendid performance from Dourif written wonderfully. I also found the scene at the conclusion with Sheridan, Theo, and Theo's "new monk" to be outstanding in that Sheridan is forced to accept the new monk as who is is now - not who he was.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:19 am

I thought Louis Turenne's performance as brother Theo was one of the strongest I have ever seen in that programme. I actually cried in two places the second time I saw it.

The first was when Brother Edward tells Delenn and Lennier what inspired him to join the order. The other was the death scene with Edward. His asking if there is enough forgiveness for what he has done and Theo telling him, "Always, Edward, always!" gets me every time.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I thought Louis Turenne's performance as brother Theo was one of the strongest I have ever seen in that programme. I actually cried in two places the second time I saw it.

The first was when Brother Edward tells Delenn and Lennier what inspired him to join the order. The other was the death scene with Edward. His asking if there is enough forgiveness for what he has done and Theo telling him, "Always, Edward, always!" gets me every time.

Lots of praise to go around on this one. It was a great episode on soooo many levels.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I watched Thirdspace and have gone into the first few episodes of season 5. So far, just not as exciting as before, but G'Kar is at his best in these episodes. Especially with the oath of office:
Do you want to be President? Say I Do, done, let's eat!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Bytes from Severed Dreams-

"That's what makes this war different from anything else we've gone through. This time, we know everyone we kill."
-----
"Xavier Montoya, head of the Mars Provisional Government, announced today that he will not implement the martial law order given 5 days ago by President Clark. So far, Earth Dome has not had any official response to this act of defiance by Mars, except to say that they are 'considering all options."
-----
"The Grey Council has said: The problems of others are not our concern."
-----
"We've just intercepted a coded message from Earth Force command. They've started bombing Mars."
-----
"The colonies at Orion 7 and Proxima 3 have just broken away from the Earth Alliance in protest over the bombing of Mars. They are setting themselves up as independent states until such time as the president is impeached. ... We have to go with this now because I don't know how much longer we can stay on the air. Armed troops have begun moving in on the ISN broadcast center here in Geneva..."
-----
"He (President Clark) doesn't want to risk Babylon 5 breaking away. Those ships are under orders to seize command of Babylon 5, arrest and detain its captain and command staff, and to put this station under direct authority of President Clark and the Nightwatch."
-----
"We have only two options- fight, or surrender. Now if it was just us, hey, yous pays your money, yous take your chances. But its not just us. There's a quarter million people here and billions more out there counting on us. I promised Delenn that we would draw a ling against the darkness no matter the cost. Well, now we know that cost."
-----
"I served the council for 16 cycles. I was the chosen of Dukhat to replace him. I held him when he died. His blood is on my hands. His spirit in my eyes. His word on my lips. You will step aside in his name and mine, or in Valen's name, I will tear this ship apart with my bare hands until I find them. Move aside."
-----
"If the warrior caste will not fight, then the rest of us will. If the Council has lost its way, if it will not lead, if we have abandoned our covenant with Valen... then the Council should be broken- as was prophesied. We must stand with the others now, before its too late."
-----
"John, I can't imagine the kind of decisions that are going through your mind right now. I'm sure they're not easy. The important ones never are. But when push comes to shove, you've always done the right thing. What was the first lesson I ever taught you?"

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
-----
"May I have your attention, please. In the last few hours, we have learned that warships are coming this way from Earth. Their orders are to seize command of Babylon 5 by force. As commanding officer and military governor of Babylon 5, I cannot allow this to happen. President Clark has violated the Earth Alliance Constitution- by dissolving the Senate, declaring martial law, and personally ordering the bombing of civilian targets on the Mars colony. He is personally responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent people. Following these attacks, Orion 7 and Proxima 3 have broken away from the Earth Alliance and declared independence. Babylon 5 now joins with them. As of this moment, Babylon 5 is seceding from the Earth Alliance. We will remain an independent state until President Clark is removed from office..."
-----
"This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, or be destroyed."

"Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."

"Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
-----
*** And it was a great change for them to switch the station logo from the olive branch to the sword and shield after this episode ***
-----
*** Always loved the end to this one. Rarely do shows or movies take the time to show the heroes actually getting some love ***
-----
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Ceremonies of Light and Dark-

What if Delenn threw a party and no one showed up? Razz

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

The other was the death scene with Edward. His asking if there is enough forgiveness for what he has done and Theo telling him, "Always, Edward, always!" gets me every time.

Speaking as a recently converted Believer, I "get" this episode a lot more now then I did then. Edward was going through life in ignorance of the crimes he committed. The Bible teaches that all those who ask for repentance with a true heart shall be forgiven in the eyes of God, but how does one ask forgiveness for sins they didn't even know they committed?

In that sense, the episode turns into a very fertile discussion for Theologians and just showcases the power of Babylon 5's narrative. Much like the first season episode dealing with the people who refuse any sort of invasive medical procedures, B5 wasn't scared with addressing matters of life and Faith.

Quote :
"This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, or be destroyed."

"Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."

"Why
not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari
fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives,
be somewhere else."

I love that scene! Especially because I truly believe Delenn wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Bytes from Ceremonies of Light and Dark-

"They're not my government. Back on the colony, Earth was just a place that sent us books and vids, and took 30% of our income. Should have given them the boot years ago."
-----
*** And yet another touch that I love... when they do the about face at the funeral service. They did it right. So many shows with a military basis that when they salute or are at attention, either they aren't correct, or people are doing different things ***
-----
"Why would I abandon them (Morden and his associates)?

"Because I have asked you. Because your loyalty to our people should be greater than your ambition. And because I have poisoned your drink."
-----
"Peek-a-boo?"

"Would you have guessed it?"
-----
"Minbari are funny about their leaders. We kill Delenn, they might take it kind of personal."
-----
"Why should we talk to you?"

"Because if you don't, then in 5 minutes I will be the only person at this table still standing. Five minutes after that, I'll be the only person in this room still standing."
-----
"I see they trained you well back home."

"Yeah. They said I was carrying a lot of repressed anger. I'm not repressed anymore."
-----
"No one knows, but I'm afraid all the time. Of what I might do if I ever let go."
-----
"I think I loved Talia."
-----
"I think I have a problem."
-----
"What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen someone that's been reborn before?"
-----
*** And those Army of Light uniforms are simply bad ass cheers ***
-----
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Sic Transit Vir

Much love for Lyndisty cheers

After the series is over, I really need to read the novels again.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Bytes from Sic Transit Vir-

"What is more dangerous than a locked room with full of angry Narns? One angry Narn, with the key!"
-----
*** It is rather amusing hearing Londo complain about his dislike for bugs and things with 8 legs... too bad he never got a look at his 'associates' before it was way too late ***
-----
"They're getting faster (the bugs invading Londo's quarters). I swear they are evolving before my eyes. If you see something this big with eight legs coming your way, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops language skills."
-----
"When I marry, I want it to be for love."

"Oh, a radical."
-----
"Do you think I'm pretty?"

"Yes. Deliriously so. But I always associated delirium with fever, so there you are."

"Then let me be a fever from which you never recover, and our nights an anarchy of pleasure."

(Lyndisty puts Vir in a lip lock)

"Well?"

"If kisses could kill, that one would have flattened several small towns."
-----
"She's a good woman. A true Centauri."

"That she is."
-----

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:00 am

Voices of Authority - The proof of Santiago's assassination is found and Ivanova and Marcus go searching for ther First Ones. My favorite bits are all Marcus' funny lines talking to Susan. Hilarious! "I'll get the bucket..."

Dust to Dust - A major turning point for G'Kar. After a "dust" induced violent attack against Londo, he has an awakening and an epiphany. I love the new "spiritual" G'Kar. Bester is back on B5 tring to track down those responsible for dealing in "dust." I just gotta say that for all Bester's questionable tactics, motives, and morality, you just gotta love him! His banter with Garibaldi in this epi is particularly priceless.

Exogenesis - Another "critter on the station" epi. At least Marcus makes this one interesting.

Messages from Earth - It's about to hit the fan. Very exciting episode with some of the connections to the Psi Corps and the Shadows being revealed. Nightwatch stepping up their tactics, and ultimately President Clark declaring martial law. I love the scene on the White Star where Sheridan can't sleep so Delenn makes it "rain" for him. Wonderful moment.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 pm

A Late Delivery from Avalon

Logan 5 comes to Babylon 5 Razz

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
A Late Delivery from Avalon

Logan 5 comes to Babylon 5 Razz

This episode was notable to me simply to hear "Authur"'s rendition of the Battle of the Line. A chilling delivery.

"Their horses...their horses were on fire!"
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:57 am

Bytes from A Late Delivery from Avalon-

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought- wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? Then all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them."
-----
"No moral ambiguity. No hopeless battle against ancient enemies and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say. We were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying THUMP when they hit the floor."
------
"If that's Excalibur, and you're Bedivere... who is the Lady of the Lake?"
-----
"... remembering Arthur. Where my people come from, his story has great power. I'll miss him."

"Even if he wasn't Arthur?"

(Kosh walks by)

"Now now. Next thing you'll be saying is he's not Merlin. Merlin was a great teacher, you know. "

"I'm not hearing this"

"They say he aged backwards. That was how he was able to foretell the future, by remembering it. Which means he came from the future. Maybe he had Arthur form the Round Table by remembering us.

We're forming one of our own, after all. Which makes you Percival, I'm Galahad, him being sinless and all. Sheridan as Arthur. Ivanova, perhaps Gawain. I think we both know who Mordred is. So the question is, who is Morgana le Fay?"
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:31 am

Ship of Tears

GKar finally gets his membership card to the Army of Light, and the Shadows are working on getting weapon supplies for their cruisers.

And at the end, the Army of Light finally gets a weapon of their own.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:20 am

Bytes from Ship of Tears-

*** Never thought about it before. I wonder if the scrubs they got to work the new ISN broadcasts were real journalists or not. If they were, and went along voluntarily... gotta imagine they were blackballed after the civil war was over ***
-----
(Bester rounds the corner and finds a squad of armed security guards waiting)

"You know, if this keeps up, I'm going to start thinking that people around here just don't like me."
-----
"Mr. Bester."

"Captain Sheridan."

"Get the hades out of my chair."
-----
" 'Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved.' At first I took that as revelation for the future. Now I see that it is as much about how we got here, as about where we are going. I think that one sentence is the greatest burden I have ever known."
-----
"The machine says kill to protect. The sign hurts us. We cannot hear the machine."
-----
"I've got it. I've got it. It's right here. Right here."

"Please do not thump the Book of GQuan."
-----
"We just got in a report. The Shadows are attacking Brakiri space. Openly. They're not hiding anymore. They're on the move."
-----
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 am

Point of No Return - Zack finally does the right thing and ditches Nightwatch. I love the casting of Majel Barrett playing Lady Morella and having her character be "the third wife of the emporer." She was, of course, the second wife of Gene Roddenberry.

Severed Dreams - There is too much to say about this episode. One of the most dramatic, emotional, action-packed, thrilling episodes of B5 ever. Well deserving of the Hugo Award. The scene where the Minbari fleet emerges from hyperspace with Delenn leading and threatening the Earthforce fleet still gives me chills. "If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Ceremonies of Light and Dark - A nice quiet episode so we can all catch our breath - if you can call a kidnapping of Delenn by nutbag Nightwatch leftovers a quiet one. I'm speaking mainly of the Rebirth Ceremony Delenn wishes to conduct. The revelations of the characters are strong and deep. Very emotional episode.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:00 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Point of No Return - Zack finally does the right thing and ditches Nightwatch. I love the casting of Majel Barrett playing Lady Morella and having her character be "the third wife of the emporer." She was, of course, the second wife of Gene Roddenberry.

I love the blooper when she is walking out of the quarters and the doors don't open on cue.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it."

Classic.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 am

Interludes and Examinations

Bye bye Kosh Sad

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:31 am

Bytes from Interludes and Examinations-

"There is nothing more you can do to me Mr Morden that hasn't already been done."

*** Oh Londo, you have no idea ***
-----
"Hello Vir!"

"I'm sorry. I can't talk. I have things to do."

"Well, apparently so. Anything I can do to help?"

"Short of dying, no. Can't think of a thing."
-----
"Dont turn your back on me. Dont you even try to walk away from me! Just who the hades do you think you are? No, wait. I know what you think you are. What you want us to believe. But I dont buy it. For 3 years, you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a darn thing but stand there and look cryptic. Well, it's about time you started pulling your own weight around here.

I hear you've got a saying- Understanding is a three edged sword. Well, we've got a saying too. Put your money where your mouth is. "

"Impudent."

"Yeah? Well, maybe that's the only way to get through to you. You wanted to teach me to fight legends. Well, you're a legend too and I'm not going away until you agree!"

"Incorrect. Leave. Now."

"No."

"Disobedient."

"Up yours!"
-----
"I will do as you ask. But there is a price to pay. I will not be there to help you when you go to Z'ha'dum."

"Yeah, you already said if I go to Z'ha'dum, I'll die. All right. If that's the tradeoff. If you want to withhold your help when the time comes, that's fine. I'll go it alone."

"You do not understand. But you will."
-----
"You said that you would go away for as long as I wanted. I no longer want that. All I want now is revenge. They took from me the one thing that I have ever truly loved. And you will help me, Mr Morden, to strike them down. Give me this and the safety of my people... and let the rest of the galaxy burn. I don't care anymore. Will you help me, Mr Morden?"

"Of course, Ambassador. As ever, I am always in your service."
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:29 am

War Without End

And just when you get comfy and don't have Sinclair and B4 on your mind...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:33 am

Bytes from War Without End-

"He is the closed circle. He is returning to the beginning."
-----
"Will you be staying long?"

"That's a far more interesting question than you might expect."
-----
"There are no coincidences, Captain."

"Captain, if I were you, I would quit while I was ahead. Back on Minbar, there was a saying among the other Rangers- The only way to get a straight answer out of Ranger One was to look at every reply in a mirror while hanging upside down from the ceiling."

"Did it work?"

"Oddly enough, yes. Or after a while you passed out and had a vision. Either way, the result was pretty much the same."
-----
"As Babylon 4 neared completion, the allies of the Shadows recognized it for what it was and send these ships to destroy it. Striking without warning, they would have succeeded in their attack- but something stopped them."
-----
"So you believe this?"

"I believe it."

"If Entil'zha believes it, I believe it."

"I'll be in the car."
-----
"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Much apologizings. Zathras has great responsibilities. Was thinking great thoughts. Did not see you. Was looking for The One. Was thinking great thoughts. Very sorry. Very sorry."
-----
"Password? What password? Jeff. Jeffery. Peekaboo. Susan. Michael. Socks. Fasten. Zip.

All right. What would he think of? Password, phrase, three words: Hello, old friend."
-----
"Zathras used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But at least there is symmetry."
-----
"We all have our Keepers, you see."
-----
"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool."
-----
"I welcome you, and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-----
Back to top Go down

Babylon 5
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next