AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 pm

SeaDevil wrote:

Divided Loyalties - There is a sleeper agent on B5 and Lyta is back on station to expose him/her. Once exposed, the person we know is destroyed for the new implanted personality. And he/she is closer than you think. Even having seen this episode several times, the scene where the sleeper is exposed is still shocking. A crushing personal blow to members of the crew. And to those who enjoyed the character now lost forever.

I liked Talia, but boy would it have been even more of a shock if Laurel had continued to be on the station.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Well, finished the 1st disc of season 4.

No Surrender, No Retreat....

The Hour of the Wolf. After the end of last season, seams everyone is looking for missing people!

Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?
More searching....great Marcus stuff!

The Summoning
Time to find everyone.
Love Sheridan's return:
"Commander, we thought you were dead."
"I was, I got better."

Falling Toward Apotheosis
How to kill a Vorlon...
And what is Garibaldi's problem?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Voices of Authority

Oh those eccentric First Ones and pesky Political Officers...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Bytes from Voices of Authority-

"Delenn tells me you are going to contact the First Ones. It is a magnificent idea, a daring and splendid idea. In doing so, you will see things no human has ever seen before. It will be fun. Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected, or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways. Exciting isn't it?"
-----
*** You would think knowing that Nightwatch is around, that you wouldn't call someone on their link and mention the Code 7R without checking first if there is no one else around to pick up on it. Zack would not have started to wonder about the code if he hadn't heard it. ***
-----
"And so it was decided that you needed a political officer. Someone who can whisper in your ear, who could warn you about governmental policies you might bump into. Someone who could keep you from making costly political mistakes that might jeopardize your career back home."

"Zack?"

"Yes, sir."

"Take a walk."

"Yes, sir."
-----
"Earth doesn't have homeless. We don't have the problem. Yes, there are some displaced people here and there, but they've chosen to be in that position. They're either lazy or they're criminal or they're mentally unstable."

"They can't get a job."

"Earth Gov has promised a job to anyone that wants one. So if someone doesn't have a job, they must not want one."

"Poverty?"

"It's the same."

"Crime?"

"Yes, there is some, but it's all caused by the mentally unstable."

"Prejudice?"

"No, we are just one happy planet. Well, all right. There's the Marsies, but that won't change until they stop fighting Earth rule."

"And when exactly did all of this happen?

"When we rewrote the dictionary."
-----
"Good luck, Captain. I think you're about to go where everyone has gone before."
-----
"... the Vorlons."

(The First One starts talking in angry alien dialect)

"I think you just hit a nerve. The Vorlons must owe them money or something."
-----
"Zog."
-----
"How do you propose stopping them? Perhaps a big red and white sign with the word 'stop' on it? I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the ancient Vorlon god Boogee."

"That's it!"

"Fine, I'll get a bucket..."
-----
*** I wonder what did happen to people like Musante and all the Nightwatch higher ups after the civil war was over ***
-----

-----

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 am

wrapping up season two for me...

The Long, Twilight Struggle - Londo leads the Centauri on an assault to bomb the Narn back to the stone age. I have never despised him as much as when he arrives back on B5 carrying that superior attitude and when he addresses the Council. Gripping stuff.

Comes the Inquisitor - Sebastian, sent by the Kosh, arrives to ask Delenn, "Who are you?" Is she ready for the upcoming war with the shadows? Wayne Alexander as Sebastian is chilling. My favorite scene, however, involves Vir and G'Kar in the lift tube. Poor Vir only wants to apologize for the atrocities his people have done against the Narn, because Vir actually has a heart, and all G'Kar does is cut his hand open and the count the drops of blood, "Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead..." I feel so sorry for Vir I just wanna hug him...

The Fall of Night - B5 gets in the middle of the Narn-Centauri conflict with inconvenient results for visiting Earth representatives for the Ministry of Peace and Nightwatch. Keffer finally sees and records a Shadow ship in hyperspace, and Kosh is revealed. Not quite the jaw-dropper as as Chysalis last season, but still really good stuff. The peace between races - and even thngs back home on Earth are starting to get worse. As Ivanova says in the epilogue, "Babylon 5 was our last best hope for peace. It failed."

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:57 am

Well, disc 2 of season 4.

The Long Night
The Shadow War moves closer to a climax.
Cartagia is killed.....by Vir!

Into the Fire
The final battle with the First Ones....
And my favorite scene, Vir waving at Morden's lifeless head!

Epiphanes
The Psi Corps wants its revenge.
Garibaldi resigns.
Za'Ha'Dum goes boom!

The Illusion of Truth
ISN, otherwise known as the Propaganda Network.

It just seams that the whole end of the Shadow War was rushed, and it was, because they thought there would be no season 5. So, they wrapped the story lines up faster than was intended.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Ronpur wrote:

The Illusion of Truth
ISN, otherwise known as the Propaganda Network.

It just seams that the whole end of the Shadow War was rushed, and it was, because they thought there would be no season 5. So, they wrapped the story lines up faster than was intended.

I still say Sheridan was too smart to fall for the ISN hatchet job. Just seemed too much to believe he would make that much of a tactical blunder.

Yeah, it was rushed, but I'm still glad he took the effort to try and wrap up everything just in case.

Only thing to me that was a bit off was since we DID get season 5... you watch Sleeping in Light, and you wonder where does Garibaldi's reluctance to go see Sheridan come from? It makes sense if you ended with season 4 , but with the way things turned out in season 5 and their goodbyes, it doesn't track.

Of course, the big bonus was filming Sleeping in Light when Claudia was still with the show, so she gets to 'return'. It definitely wouldnt have been the same without her being there.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Dust to Dust

Oh those pesky Psi Cops again...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Bytes from Dust to Dust-

"There is a difference between the position, and the person occupying it at the moment."
-----
"There are only two options. He turns us in, we're court martialed, and shot for treason. Or kill him, before he has a chance to tell anybody."

"I will not support murder. We can not kill him."

"Can we wound him? Just a little?"

"Ivanova..."
-----
*** If you notice on Vir's Minbari 'coat of welcome', there are some Minbari letters that go down the front. By this time in the series, the set and design dept had already worked out many letters and symbols and their meanings in the different alien scripts. When one of the production staff asked if the coat's writing actually meant something, they responded: it spells out ALOHA ***
-----
"Nothing like a level playing field to ruin a Psi Cops day."
-----
"The Minbari are a very lovely people. Interested in culture, art..."

"Decadent and soft. Probably out to impose their views on everyone else."

"Their cities are thousands of years old."

"The lack of new construction is the surest sign of a faltering economy."

"They are a deeply spiritual people."

"That you can leave in. It always scares people."
-----
"We rise and fall together. And some of us must be sacrificed if all are to be saved. Because if we fail in this, none of us will be saved, and the Narn will only be a memory.

You have the opportunity here and now, to choose. To become something greater and nobler and more difficult than you have ever been before. The universe does not offer such chances often, GKar."
-----
"For what it's worth, Mr Garibaldi, I enjoyed working with you. We made a good team. Perhaps we will do it again sometime."

*** Oh if you only knew what was coming Michael... ***
-----
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Exogenesis

Eh, this one never really thrilled me. Practically a stand alone before the awesomeness of the mini trilogy that comes next.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Bytes from Exogenesis-

"Oh, and that package you asked about. It just left Mars. Should be here in about a week."
-----
"Thinking flowers is good. Giving flowers is better. What's the occasion?"

"I'm not sure, but i think i have a date."

"She asked you out?

"She asked me in. Her place."

"Moves fast. Is she aggressive?"

"You could say that."

"Lucky guy."
-----
"There are 3 of them with guns, and only two of us with nothing. They'll cut us down before we get half way across the room."

"All we need is for one of them to leave the room. Then there will only be one man with a gun."

"Excuse me. Where I come from, one man from three leaves two. "

"Where I come from is a far more interesting place."
-----
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Finally, the trilogy begins...

Messages from Earth
cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Bytes from Messages from Earth-

*** Marcus is one baaaaaaaad man ***
-----
"As Senate hearings into the death of President Santiago enter their 6th week, evidence from President Clark's physician has surfaced. These records seem to indicate that the illness which prevented President Clark from being aboard Earth Force One when it exploded may have only been a convenient alibi.

... in related news, Earth Dome Chief of Staff Bill Harris announced that a new alien race, only recently detected, may pose a significant threat to planetary security. "
-----
"I've taken the opportunity provided by my incarceration to meditate. To think. Sometimes I even sing."

"I know. We got a petition."

"For or against?"

"Based on the sound, they think we're torturing you in here."
-----
"Seven years ago, I saw something. I was never able to prove it. And after enough people said I was nuts, I figured I'd shut up until I could find somebody to back up my story. Well, I found her. Her name is Dr. Mary Kirkish."

*** And for the story as to what happened those 7 years ago, that's in the B5 comics- "Shadows Past and Present" ***
-----
"Full power! Give me everything you've got!"

"If I were holding anything back, I would tell you."
-----
*** Time to paint another Shadow vessel kill on Sheridan's White Star ***
-----
*** Sheridan's tactical wizardry is rubbing off on Delenn. Now she's proposing out of the box ideas ***
-----
"Ladies and gentlemen. And Minbari. We have just made the first atmospheric jump that I have ever heard of."

***Sheridan is going to need another page to fit his Impossible Accomplishments on his resume ***
-----
"... an unidentified alien ship attacked a research lab on Ganymede. According to Earth Force, the ship was pursued to Jupiter, and destroyed by the EAS Agamemnon. Nonetheless, this incident has heightened concerns about planetary security. President Clark is considering a new plan that will provide Earth with greater security."
-----
"As I recall, you were somewhat concerned about where I fit in the great organizational scheme of things. So I went to the effort of preparing this chart.

Now then, here's you, right here at the heart of everything. And why not?
And here's me. This is the captain. Here's Franklin. Here's my mum and dad. They've got nothing to do with it, but it's a good picture of them, don't you think? I think I've come up with a way to explain the organizational structure of Babylon 5 using the Ottoman Empire as a model. It gets a bit confusing around this bit here, but one has to start somewhere."
-----
"And to confirm earlier reports, President Clark has signed a decree today declaring martial law throughout Earth Central, citing threats to planetary security. He is expected to provide information to support this action at a closed meeting of the full Earth Senate tomorrow.

We repeat, Earth is under martial law."
-----
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Point of No Return

The rise of the Nightwatch and Clark starts his plans against Mars and B5.

And a visitor from a deep space franchise gives Londo some insight on his future endeavors... Vir too Razz
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Bytes from Point of No Return-

"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."
-----
"Captain, how did this happen? What did we do wrong?"
-----
"Our job is to follow orders from the commander in chief, and respect the chain of command."
-----
"The Political Office has assigned responsibility to off world security- to Nightwatch personnel exclusively."
-----
"As of this moment, Babylon 5 belongs to the Nightwatch."
-----
"I need to see what is before me. To see if I should escape it, or embrace it. If there is any longer a choice."

"There is always choice. We say there is no choice only to comfort our self with the decision we have already made."
-----
"NO, you listen to me, Zack! This isn't a game! You better get your priorities straight and you better do it fast because Hades is coming 5 steps behind me. And you don't want to be on the wrong side when it gets here."
-----
"To save our people, we must sacrifice our people. We must sacrifice ourselves. Our pride. Our vengeance. Be willing to die by the thousands, by the millions... for one another. "
-----
"GKar, what are you doing here?"

"Saving all of us. I've had... an idea. Ooooooooooooooooo"
-----
(In march the new Narn security forces)

"You're kidding? You're not kidding."

"Always plant a lie inside a truth. Makes it easier to swallow."

"Oh boy. Londo is gonna love this..."
-----
"You have a chance few others will ever have, Mollari. You still have 3 opportunities to avoid the fire that waits for you at the end of your journey. You have already wasted two others.

You must save the eye that does not see.

You must not kill the one who is already dead.

And at the last, you must surrender yourself to your greatest fear- knowing that it will destroy you. If you fail at all the others, that is your final chance at redemption.

One more thing. You will be emperor. That part of your destiny can not be avoided.

(turns to Vir)

You will also be emperor."
-----
"They'll be coming for us next, you know."

"I know. Never thought it would end like this."
-----

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:04 pm

And now... Severed Dreams.

Your Hugo award winning conclusion to the mini trilogy. Simply epic cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:07 pm

I just Lyta on the bridge of the USS Defiant heading to the Cardassion Union! Guess we know where she went for a while after she left babylon 5.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm

She's a cute Cardassian
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Actually, she is the helm officer in this episode.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Finished Season 4.
Marcus and Ivanova. A sad, sad story. (You said Boffed)
The entire return to Earth and the overthrow of Clark was rushed, but still very dramatic. Garibaldi is back, and don't stand in his way as he is out for revenge!! I think I have to watch Thirdspace no to stay in order, but that will be later.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Ronpur wrote:

Marcus and Ivanova. A sad, sad story. (You said Boffed)

Breaks my heart every time. That story was built up so perfectly and the acting was so spot on. When Franklin comes in to see Ivanova curled in the corner balling...I tear up every time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Thirdspace was in the chronology when Garibaldi was on Mars.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Thirdspace is in continuity? I thought the TNT Movies were effectively just out of continuity stories.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Nope, they fit the continuity. But you dont have to watch it all in order. In the Beginning is actually during the two parter where they go back in time to Babylon 4, I keep forgetting the name.

It is best to not watch it before you see the show from the pilot because it RUINS the whole msytery of the first season.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Babylon 5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Babylon 5 - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Matters of Honor - Marcus Cole and the White Star make their welcome debut. It doesn't take long for Sheridan to test the new ship's capabilities! Well done, Starkiller! And if Londo thinks he can get rid of Mr. Morden that easily, he's got another thing coming...

Conivictions - Brother Theo and his monks arrive on B5. Elsewhere, Lennier saves Londo's life from a mad bomber loose on the station. I love the scenes with his bedside vigil with Lennier - especially his Centauri joke. Equally as good are his scenes trapped in the lift with G'Kar, who takes great glee at the possibility of Londo dying in front of him and just sitting and doing nothing but watching it happen!

A Day in the Strife - A probe arrives at B5 threatening to destroy it unless they answer questions to determine their intellegence and right to exist. I'm more interested in G'Kar's struggle to stay or leave B5 for the sake of his people there and Londo assigning Vir to Minbar as the Cenaturi attache. It's actually the best thing for Vir as we will learn all in due time. Elsewhere, Dr. Sunshine is geting addicted to stims which will do nothing but improve his sunny disposition.

Back to top Go down

Babylon 5
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next