2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S6E4: The Doctor's Wife Empty
PostSubject: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:04 pm

TIME LORDS!

That box the Doctor gets is similar to the one the Doc sends to Gallifrey in 'The War Games,' don't you think? Wink

Last edited by Scarywood on Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:46 pm

I do hope that it is an actual surviving Time Lord/Lady and not some sort of ruse. I'm firmly in the camp that they should come back, but if that's not going to happen, then some evidence of survivors is all I ask. If the Daleks can keep coming back from a genocidal end, then more then two Time Lords should have survived.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Yay, shades of Lungbarrow.

This one should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Rust wrote:
I do hope that it is an actual surviving Time Lord/Lady and not some sort of ruse. I'm firmly in the camp that they should come back, but if that's not going to happen, then some evidence of survivors is all I ask. If the Daleks can keep coming back from a genocidal end, then more then two Time Lords should have survived.
I really hope so, too. There should be Time Lords out there, somewhere, hiding in a cave on some desolate planet or something. Either survivors of the Time War or a group that fled before it started who saw it coming and wanted nothing to do with it. They don't need to be evil or malevolent or crazy, just a rag-tag group trying to survive and rebuild. And hide from the Daleks, of course!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Scarywood wrote:
TIME LORDS!

That box the Doctor gets is similar to the one the Doc sends to Gallifrey in 'The War Games,' don't you think? Wink

You know, I seem to recall a War Games related rumor earlier. I just assumed the War Chief.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:11 pm

It had to be with a person or character we hadnt seen since then.

Quarks!

At least that is what I am voitng for.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:07 am

Ronpur wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
TIME LORDS!

You know, I seem to recall a War Games related rumor earlier. I just assumed the War Chief.

When I first saw War Games I always thought the War Chief as an unofficial pre-Master type of character. It seem so very much like him. Perhaps it is the Master working together with the rumoured Omega?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:06 am

We will find out next week, well, maybe. You never know these days.
Back to top Go down
Raston o' Rassilon
Raston o' Rassilon

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:04 am

Scarywood wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
TIME LORDS!

When I first saw War Games I always thought the War Chief as an unofficial pre-Master type of character. It seem so very much like him. Perhaps it is the Master working together with the rumoured Omega?

I agree that the the box is similar to the 'War Games' version . . .

For me, this episode is probably the most anticipated since New Who began. I loved 'The War Games' and am an avid Gaiman reader, so this episode is somewhat of a marriage made in heaven.

As Whoosier mentioned, in his stint at Production Notes in Doctor Who Magazine #427, Gaiman hints that we would be seeing someone or something that we haven't since 'War Games.' I also assumed the War Chief, and still wouldn't be surprised if the mysterious voice didn't belong to him. While trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible, it's pretty difficult for me not to get caught up in speculation this time around.

What other character/thing could it be? I noticed one of the characters in the preview was wearing Civil War garb- something we haven't seen (to my knowledge) since the Troughton episode. Will we see the return of the SIDRAT? A cameo by Frazer Hines or Wendy Padbury (not really anticipating this- it would have been impossible for them to keep something like that under wraps- but how incredible would that be?)? Could the War Lord have survived and continued the games?

Fun to think about- and a return of any Time Lord, much less a group of survivors would be very much welcomed at this point.

Regardless, I'm off to revisit 'The War Games'- and am very much looking forward to next Saturday evening . . .

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Wow, I have just seen some spoiler pictures for this episode:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Wow, I have just seen some spoiler pictures for this episode:
Spoiler:

People said in the Series Trailer they saw that to but i never did, can someone show me where please?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Rocco wrote:
People said in the Series Trailer they saw that to but i never did, can someone show me where please?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:23 pm

rdks wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks hmm that seems interesting, i bet it'll shock us all why, especially how moffat writes.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:53 pm

But Moffat isn't writing...

NEIL GAIMAN IS!!!

Yeah, Moff would've edited a bit, but this is gonna be one with a star writer on it!
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:10 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
But Moffat isn't writing...

NEIL GAIMAN IS!!!

Yeah, Moff would've edited a bit, but this is gonna be one with a star writer on it!

Crap yeah i completely forgot their, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:56 pm

I have a feeling this will be AN EPIC EPISODE!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

I just can't wait to see this one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:04 am

Here are the pictures I found:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:37 am

if you go to Youtube ( i dont know how to post the links here)
they have 2 30-40 second clips. There is also of one with Karen and Arthur saying we get to see a lot of the tardis.

there was an episode where tom baker took to leila to Galifrey etc.... and they kept walking down and down something like 40 floors and there was an art gallery
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:47 am

rmlextreme wrote:

there was an episode where tom baker took to leila to Galifrey etc.... and they kept walking down and down something like 40 floors and there was an art gallery

Invasion of Time
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:16 pm

I was watchign a Poirot episode that had the eyepatch lady as a guest star and then was looking up links online and one of the cast members in this story is listed as being the following;
Spoiler:

This may be more interesting than the mid season finale, since those are usually just full of lead ups to the last two minutes and not much more in the way of substance.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Wow, I am very excited now!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm being serious now, this episode was, to quote, 'sexy'. Razz

It was BRILLIANT! The story line was fantastic! I'd have never thought this particular 'person' would have been the Doctor's "wife".

No Omega though. Sad

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:14 pm

workstinx wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Really? Sad What did you find boring?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   S6E4: The Doctor's Wife EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Scarywood wrote:
workstinx wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Really? Sad What did you find boring?

Wasn't exciting enough for me. Loved the Rory/Amy closing door part (didn't want to say much more for those who haven't seen it yet) it was quite tense. Apart from that, a mediocre 3/10
Back to top Go down

S6E4: The Doctor's Wife
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next