hitman hart
DacaZ
timewarrior
Scary
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Rate S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot
Fantastic!
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Okay
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Vote_lcap69%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 69% [ 25 ]
Terrible
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:57 am

Scarywood wrote:
The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
A question for UK viewers....and I'll spoiler it even:

Spoiler:

No, it was the same here. Seems the Moff forgot to send him to the Siren or let him run off or something etc. A flaw I hadn't noticed at first!

See, to me that is worse than the dodgiest rubber monster from the old days. It took me right out of the episode...I stopped to hit the rewind to make sure I hadn't missed something. What gives, the Moff? Suspect
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:57 am

Ive fallen and i can get up, i need mouth to mouth from Amy Pond!!!!!

(ok its sneaky but if it works you go for it)!!!!!!!

As far as the special effects next weeks episode looks like it has the mother load. Rory will probably get hit by a meteor.

Oh yeah my brother is in London this week and refuses to get me any Dr who Merchandise.
Can you nice folks in the UK keep him he is a Doctor and doesnt eat much thank you:)
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:10 pm

ok, i'm one of the two who voted terrible. why? i really wanted to like this episode. i like pirates. i like doctor who. how can it go wrong?

first, i saw the big reveal coming a mile away. why? because it was already done in series 1 (bad wolf). we think people are being killed, but they are just being "transmatted" away. yawn. knew it was going to happen. really disapointed me.

b, or 2. i'm glad someone else pointed out the huge similarities to the empty child (which was also from series 1, i might add). this is like a ripoff/mixture of two previous episodes, both of which were better than this one.

3. amy saves the day. i keep seeing complaints about the usa intro involving amy, and people saying the show is called dr. who, not amy and friends. after watching this episode (and any series 5 episode written by moff), we might as well just change the name of the show. look, it's ok to have your companions save the day(rose), or have them fight back (donna noble), but making both the main character and the other male character look so weak and incompetant on a weekly basis is really irritating to me. i'm really starting to hate the amy pond character, and hope that this is her last series.

maybe this is why she is pregnant? only the allmighty strong and smart amy pond can repopulate the timelord race. maybe that's it. maybe the doctor is really a decendant of amy, and that's why he has a brain and can do adventures, because he's got guts like her. oooooh. maybe moff is making the doctor the grandchild of amy (the reverse of susan and the 1st).

sorry for my rant, just sick of the same old same. i like rory, but once again he's a blundering goofus who almost gets killed, while the doctor just stands by and does nothing (which is what really bothers me about doc 11, see the x-mas special if you don't believe me).
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

I too hate Amy. And River.

This episode was forgettable, as most of Matt Smith's outings have unfortunately been so far. I like him as the Doctor, but he's being squandered. I can only name four and a half episodes I enjoyed from last season (Vamps of Venice, The Lodger, Vincent and the Doctor and the first half of the finale), and besides the Christmas special, I haven't remotely enjoyed anything since.

I think the big focus on Amy and River are a big part of it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:27 am

River at least seems to have a reason for being on the show, given we're finding out about her. Whether you like her or not, at least there's something there to explore with her.

Rory's really coming into his own as a go-to guy. Comedic Relief a bit yes, but he handles himself well.

Amy is just really feeling superfluous to the whole proceedings. I can take episodes like The Beast Below where the Companion notices something the Doctor's failed to take into account and ends up "saving the day", but why Amy felt the need to change into Pirate Garb when she grabbed the sword is more then I can say.

For that matter, your Husband spent a good deal of time as a Roman Centurion. Wouldn't it make more sense to toss him a blade, since he's the one who would actually know how to effectively wield one? Granted a Cutlass is a far cry from the Gladius, but he'd have the basics martial training you yourself lack.

Personally, I still miss Donna terribly. She was a great companion, and that's funny because in her initial appearance in The Runaway Bride I hated her. But more and more, I really do miss her. I keep hoping if they ever do bring back Romana, Catherine Tate will be tapped for the role.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:11 am

Rust wrote:
River at least seems to have a reason for being on the show, given we're finding out about her. Whether you like her or not, at least there's something there to explore with her.

Rory's really coming into his own as a go-to guy. Comedic Relief a bit yes, but he handles himself well.

Amy is just really feeling superfluous to the whole proceedings. I can take episodes like The Beast Below where the Companion notices something the Doctor's failed to take into account and ends up "saving the day", but why Amy felt the need to change into Pirate Garb when she grabbed the sword is more then I can say.

For that matter, your Husband spent a good deal of time as a Roman Centurion. Wouldn't it make more sense to toss him a blade, since he's the one who would actually know how to effectively wield one? Granted a Cutlass is a far cry from the Gladius, but he'd have the basics martial training you yourself lack.

Personally, I still miss Donna terribly. She was a great companion, and that's funny because in her initial appearance in The Runaway Bride I hated her. But more and more, I really do miss her. I keep hoping if they ever do bring back Romana, Catherine Tate will be tapped for the role.

I am hoping Catherine Tate gets the job on The Office! It would be great to see her there.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:26 am

I liked Donna, but I wouldn't want to see her come back. It'd be like bringing back Gwen Stacy. She was written out nicely, she should stay there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Martha come back....

Yeah, Amy is just too dang clingy (and that's coming from a Martha Jones fan). I find myself rolling my eyes at a lot of her foibles. When she started going catatonic in the Impossible Astronaut ('Nothing matters. He's dead' - Idiot, you have a husband who waited 2000 years for you and a baby on the way!!! Don't go all Padme!) it really finalized my dislike of her.

River's just too much of a coy one-upper. She's too competent at everything. It's like reading a Doc Savage novel with Mara Jade guest starring.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Shatterbang wrote:

River's just too much of a coy one-upper. She's too competent at everything.

To be fair, we've been meeting River at the tale end of her adventures with the Doctor. As the story progresses, there is a chance that she'll stop being so competent.

At the same time, I've got nothing to defend her with when Moff made a Dalek beg for mercy with her. That just reeked of Mary Sue moment.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:17 pm

AWFUL! And the bullet ballet through the Silents in the end of the two parter....ugh. I can't stand her.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Mary Sue moments aside, I like her. She and Smith have good chemistry and she generally has some fun lines of dialogue. I am hoping this season marks the "end" of her story however. I've got no qualms about her turning up down the road as a guest star every so often, but enough with the stupid mystery about her arrest and who she murdered. I'm getting bored with it. Especially since it wasn't even hinted at in Silence in the Library.
Back to top Go down

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4