hitman hart
DacaZ
timewarrior
Scary
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot
Fantastic!
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Okay
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Vote_lcap69%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 69% [ 25 ]
Terrible
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Scarywood wrote:
It reminded me a lot like a classic episode in the way that it was just a genuine stand alone story.
That's what I liked about it. It was just a fun episode. I was very surprised I liked it, since I'm not big on either Pirate stories or Moffat's vision of what Doctor Who should be. But this turned out to be neither a Pirate story nor a Moffat-y episode. It was fun, enjoyable, entertaining, had a good twist to it and the monster did something other than look scary and slowly plod after someone before doing nothing to them. Proper Doctor Who.

Scarywood wrote:
...and Amy saw that Eye Patch Lady proves that there was some baggage and hidden secrets. Wink
I somehow missed this. Or maybe it just didn't register because it was something from last week's episode, which I couldn't pay attention to since I found it so dull. I'll see soon enough, because for the first time since "The Eleventh Hour", I'll be watching an episode for a second time on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:44 pm

I liked it for the fact it was a nice pretty much stand-alone episode.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I said "Okay." I thought it was enjoyable enough, just slightly forgettable. Still there were enough fun moments and it kept me entertained.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:57 pm

I went just OK too, because, quite frankly, I am sick of pirates!!! And, seriously, doesn't the Tardis have a sickbay anymore??

But there were some great moments, some great lines as well, as is the standard with this Doctor, and I still love him!!

I did jump a few times when the Siren popped in, lol

And, yes, I agree with Rory, she was beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:13 pm

I went with Ok, although I really, really enjoyed the episode, I just wasn't prepared to call it Fantastic.

The plot reveal didn't impress me that much, but I absolutely LOVED The Doctor in this episode. Yep, it had an old school feel to it even with the nods to whatever the underlying series six arc is. It's nice to see the gang just having an adventure without the fate of earth/time/space/universe/etc hanging in the balance. Although, yeah, I could have done without the Rory thing at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Just finished watching it a second time. I enjoyed it more this time, since I knew I wasn't going to be disappointed. I saw the eye-patch woman this time. No idea who she is and not willing to watch ep2 to find out.

I'm really glad Rory lived. This Tardis crew dies too much as it is. The Doctor, Amy, Rory and River have each already died at some point. No need for anymore. Any emotional response that comes with a liked character dying is totally gone and replaced with an "oh, they'll be back" feeling.

I'm wondering if in a future episode we'll see a spaceship full of Pirates coming flying in the save the Doctor. Maybe the finale?

One thing puzzles me - whenever the Siren took someone they ended up in the sick bay. But when she takes The Doctor, Amy, and the Captain (almost called him The Pirate Captain, but that name is already taken in the Whoniverse), they just wake up in a random part of the ship and the Siren doesn't seem to know they're even there. A minor quibble that's easily forgiven.

What a fun episode. 2 viewings now and plans to watch it a third time tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Yes, the Moffat era reminds us why we love it.

SPACE PIRATES!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:52 am

A cool episode. Funny too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:18 am

Okay I just read a major spoiler for the episode after seeing an interesting .gif on my flist and all I can say is DANG IT STOP IT MOFF!! I'm SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOU DOING THIS!!!

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:13 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
Okay I just read a major spoiler for the episode after seeing an interesting .gif on my flist and all I can say is DANG IT STOP IT MOFF!! I'm SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOU DOING THIS!!!

~

what was the gif? can you pm it to me? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:15 am

Mattylover11 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

No I won't PM it to you. It's on LJ and I've recommended that comm and the other one many times.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:05 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
Mattylover11 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

No I won't PM it to you. It's on LJ and I've recommended that comm and the other one many times.

~

I am on live journal. Who's is it? Can you at least tell me that?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:45 am

Mattylover11 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
Mattylover11 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

~

If you're on LJ and you joined the comms I suggested you should have found it already. I'm not doing all your work. I know you can find it, it just is a matter of finding right now. Come on, you like an adventurous Doctor, where's your spirit of adventure?
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:54 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
Mattylover11 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
Mattylover11 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

~

If you're on LJ and you joined the comms I suggested you should have found it already. I'm not doing all your work. I know you can find it, it just is a matter of finding right now. Come on, you like an adventurous Doctor, where's your spirit of adventure?
~

Ok you're right I like The Doctor. Very Happy so I'll so searching for it then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:57 am

Yeah, it shouldn't be that difficult to find if you click on your "Friend" button on LJ and look through all the entires. There's a post that has gifs on it and warns for spoilers... it's not hiding.
~
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:14 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
Yeah, it shouldn't be that difficult to find if you click on your "Friend" button on LJ and look through all the entires. There's a post that has gifs on it and warns for spoilers... it's not hiding.
~

I suspect the .gif might have contained the following...

Spoiler:

Yeah, it's the third time now and it's getting kinda boring. The fact that it keeps happening keeps showing that Moff has a limited imagination and thus, like we all said after series 5, cannot handle a full series.

I did like the episode itself, though.

But I guess the fact that no one else has mentioned this particular spoiler does in fact suggest that perhaps it's all okay in the end? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:22 am

I only remember him dying once, and then this episode (which I haven't seen)...

~
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:24 am

LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Amy's Choice... And I'm sure there was another episode... Ah yes, Cold Blood. And then this one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:28 am

Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Amy's Choice... And I'm sure there was another episode... Ah yes, Cold Blood. And then this one.

Ah, right... I forgot about "Amy's Choice", though I can't remember how he died...

~
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:45 am

This ep was just filler to me. Need to get back to the arc stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:04 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Ah, right... I forgot about "Amy's Choice", though I can't remember how he died...

~

He was bitten by one of those people that had the snake things coming out of their mouths (I forget the name of their species, they're not excatcly memorable). It turned him to ash or something I think. But the thing with that episode is that it was just a 'dream' and so Rory was alive again at the end, only to die again a couple of episodes later. Which makes it more frustrating since Moff can't make up his mind - is he dead or alive, for pity's sake. I wish he'd either just have him killed off or have him stay alive and stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:26 am

Rory's giving Captain Jack a run for his money - at least in terms of number of death scenes within Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:38 am

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Eye_pa10
"Just stay calm"

Who is she?

She's not the woman from the End of Time, is she? confused

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 Susan
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:04 am

I doubt it, but, you never know. Maybe another version of a Dreamlord?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:58 am

Rory
Spoiler:
Was I the only one who thought...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next