hitman hart
DacaZ
timewarrior
Scary
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot
Fantastic!
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Vote_lcap19%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Okay
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Vote_lcap69%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Vote_rcap
 69% [ 25 ]
Terrible
S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Vote_lcap11%S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot Empty
PostSubject: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Coming soon to a TARDIS near you!

Last edited by Scarywood on Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:53 pm

I am looking forward to it as Hugh Bonneville was my choice for the 11th Doctor, so I am happy to see him in the programme at least. Maybe he will follow Colin B's footsteps and be Doctor #12!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I am looking forward to it as Hugh Bonneville was my choice for the 11th Doctor, so I am happy to see him in the programme at least. Maybe he will follow Colin B's footsteps and be Doctor #12!

Let's not have that now. . .they should have explained that. . .some sort of template memory from being shot by that guy or something. . .

wonder if it will some how tie into the season long arc? since we only have four more before the hiatus. . .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Looks like a fun episode coming. Smile
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:39 am

After the mindbending craziness of the first two eps, I'm really looking forward to this one. It does look like like a FUN episode and I do hope it's mostly a stand-alone story.

I'm all for giving the mysteries and mindgames a break for a week and just enjoy a good old Doctor Who adventure.

Oh, and Character Options better give us pirates. Lots and lots of pirates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:46 pm

This one does look like a fun ep. However, I am really looking forward to Neil Gaiman's "The Doctor's Wife"...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Guvnagrover wrote:
This one does look like a fun ep. However, I am really looking forward to Neil Gaiman's "The Doctor's Wife"...

Me too. This is probably the one I'm least excited for this season. But this will probably be a highlight for those fans of standalone adventure stories.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:56 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

doubtfull, at this rate it will be an 21 year old in the part. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Omg mentioning Colin Baker, Toss Salt over your shoulder he was single handedly responsible for Whos Downfall Years Ago......

I maybe alone in this but he was the Worst Actor. The actors guild should revoke his membership lol.

Matt is doing just fine if he ever wants to leave offer him more £££££££
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:27 pm

DacaZ wrote:
After the mindbending craziness of the first two eps, I'm really looking forward to this one. It does look like like a FUN episode and I do hope it's mostly a stand-alone story.

I'm all for giving the mysteries and mindgames a break for a week and just enjoy a good old Doctor Who adventure.

Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm

If a Pirate says anything about astronauts, silence will fall, Cracks in a wall etc.....

I got a fresh Bottle of Aspirin Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
Omg mentioning Colin Baker, Toss Salt over your shoulder he was single handedly responsible for Whos Downfall Years Ago......

Dude! The BBC was actively trying to kill the show during those years, and despite the negativity projected at him, Colin has always been an enthusiastic supporter of the franchise and the people working on it. He's responsible for a lot of the leg work in keeping Doctor Who in the minds of people that made a relaunch possible.

Not to mention, I like his Doctor. Very much reminds me of Eccelston's portrayal (or vice versa, I should say).
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Well ill give on I liked the trial of a Timelord. Didnt know he did stuff behind the scenes to keep it on. It was very tough to see his episodes cause our lovely PBS would interrupt them with beg-a-thons lol.

I guess I like the more modern Doctor who, cause it has extremely good production value.
Remember the Zygons you could see the Zippers in the costumes lol

Rust your Icon is a good example, they could not pull that off in the 1980s etc...

All the Docs Rock ok.....

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm

rmlextreme wrote:

Remember the Zygons you could see the Zippers in the costumes lol

Yeah, but what show on at that point had special effects even remotely close to that? Sure, you can point at the old special effects and laugh at the absurdity of it, but that's comparing it to modern shows. If you take into account the time period they were filmed at in, Doctor Who has special effects that blow anything else out of the water. Star Trek had to resort to Human Aliens due to budget concerns over the costuming. Doctor Who tried constantly to not simply use Near-Humans.

I can't remember who said it, but I know it was on this board, but paraphrasing it, it was brought up that the original concept for the Borg in Star Trek: The Next Generation was an Insectoid Race. They scaled it back to men in robot suits due to budget concerns. If it had been Doctor Who, we would have had Insects with wings.

It's better for your reach to exceed your grasp then to not bother to try at all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:17 pm

rmlextreme wrote:

I maybe alone in this but he was the Worst Actor. The actors guild should revoke his membership lol.

Matt is doing just fine if he ever wants to leave offer him more £££££££

I LOVE Matt and I would NEVER give him money to leave the show anytime soon. * Ducks in case of shooting happens.*
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:36 pm

It was suppose to be offer him more to make him stay. It took me 15 mins to find a british pound symbol.

Mattylover11 i think its just us 2 on here that think he is the best....Also ducking lol

Rust I remember the post i think they said Star Trek Stole the Borg from the Cybermen concept. I remember Star Trek TNG stopped saucer separations due to the budget

Dr who was after all 1st on the scene so it get credit where credit is due.

Keith Jany Pre-ordering Pirate Hats??????????? Pirate hats are Cool
And you Know they will sell a Clear Plastic Stealth Tardis!!!!!!! I hope !!!

Now I have to go out and get my Who snacks for tomorrow night I am out of Fish Fingers again
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:25 pm

I'll say Matt definitely isn't my least favorite and I'm enjoying his take on the role!

Um... Saw a spoiler about it...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:05 pm

This was a fantastic episode!

Whom was that woman, though? She sounded like the woman from The End of Time but didn't look much like her? confused
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Oh yes and the poll is up! Smile I voted 'Fantastic'
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Hm, I voted okay, I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was excellent. It was enjoyable but not one that I'd be rushing to re-watch.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Nice. A good ole fashioned average Doctor Who Adventure. Nothing epic, no hidden secrets, no baggage from other episodes.

Best episode so far this season, and I hope more are like this one.

Next week looks pretty cool, too.
Back to top Go down
Queeneowyn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Nice enough episode, still have creepy
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:19 pm

A surprisingly solid episode, with nice shades of Stones of Blood. Definitely looking forward to next week's episode, though. Although the inclusion of Eyepatch Lady is really starting to make me wonder as to what's going on there.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot   S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:57 pm

rdks wrote:
Nice. A good ole fashioned average Doctor Who Adventure. Nothing epic, no hidden secrets, no baggage from other episodes.

Best episode so far this season, and I hope more are like this one.

Next week looks pretty cool, too.

Well some may argue that the fact that Amy had a flash back of the Doctor's death and Amy saw that Eye Patch Lady proves that there was some baggage and hidden secrets. Wink

I'm glad there wasn't too much of it though. In series 5, Moff was practically shoving the 'crack in time' down our throats which quite ruined the episodes. This episode, however, was done perfectly and it was a really cool adventure! It reminded me a lot like a classic episode in the way that it was just a genuine stand alone story.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

S6E3: The Curse of the Black Spot
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next