NewtonDKC
Cyber Leader
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyber Leader

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-01-30

4th Doctor Costume Variations Empty
PostSubject: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:30 am

List of all costume variations:

Robot - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and Original Scarf, original hat

Ark in Space - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and Original Scarf with grey section removed, original hat

Sontaran Experiment, Genesis of the Daleks - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and Overcoat and
Original scarf, original hat

Revenge of the Cybermen - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and original scarf, original hat

Terror of the Zygons - Unique Tartan Scarf and Hat, Overcoat and new waistcoat
Also the original scarf was used missing a few short colours at either end

Planet of Evil - Wave 1 tom, original scarf, TOTZ waistcoat and brown kravat

Pyramids of Mars - POE Tom with Overcoat, new dark green hat

The Android Invasion - SOD Tom with red tie (Android tom had a new scarf), hat

Brain of Morbius, Seeds of Doom - SOD Tom from 11 Doctors Set, new lighter hat

Masque of Mandragora, The Hand of Fear - POM waistcoat, Altered Original Scarf (android scarf for studio shots), brand new hat

The Deadly Asssassin - Timelord Costume and Previous Episode Costume with AI duplicate scarf, original hat

The Face of Evil, Robots of Death - HOF costume with red tie and duplicate scarf, original hat and new brown coat (green shoes worn exclusively in FOE)

Talons of Weng Chiang - Dearstalker hat, cape, no scarf, new waistcoat

Horror of fang Rock, The Invisible Enemy - SOD Outfit with red tie and duplicate scarf, new hat

Image of Fendahl - New Brown Overcoat, no tie or kravat, brand new scarf, original hat

The Sun Makers - HOFR & TIE costume with duplicate scarf ect., new hat

Underworld, Invasion of Time - IOF costume including the 3 episode exclusive scarf, new hat

Ribos Operation - Brown Overcoat, original scarf with less pieces joined to the duplicate to create the longest scarf to date.. new hat

Pirate Planet, Stones of Blood, Androids of tara - Brown overcoat, new spotted waist coat, no tie or kravat, combined scarf, new hat

Power of Kroll, the armageddon factor, destiny of the Daleks - Grey jacket, grey trousers, boots, combined scarf

City of death - DOTD with shoes rather than boots, new hat

Creature from the Pit - DOTD costume with boots, new hat

Nightmare of Eden - Brown overcoat and DOTD costume, original hat

Horns of Nimon - COD costume, original hat

Shada - NOE costume with different costumes, original hat

The Leisure Hive, Meglos, State of Decay - Brand new costume, burgandy with the longest scarf ever sporting burgandy/brown shoes with rather MAD socks, new burgandy hat

Full Circle, Warriors Gate, Keeper of Traken, Logopolis - Standard Season 18 costume with boots

Last edited by Cyber Leader on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
NewtonDKC
NewtonDKC

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

CyberLeader you absolutely ROCK my dude!!! :-) This is absolutely fantastic!!!! Now we just need a pic for each entry and then it will be perfect (well, once finished of course but awesomely excellent work my friend!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 am

His Revenge and Pyramids costumes were the ones I liked most.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:00 am

Nice list, just one correction I noticed:

Cyber Leader wrote:
Planet of Evil - Wave 1 tom, original scarf, TOTZ waistcoat and tan kravat

His tie was the red cravat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Cyber Leader

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:16 pm

I believe it is now more of a brown after looking twice, terrasolo...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Funnily enough I was looking for references on Tom's different costumes barely 12 hours ago! Thanks for this!

I have now decided that I want a S15 Tom even more than a S17 Tom. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Cyber Leader wrote:
I believe it is now more of a brown after looking twice, terrasolo...

definitely a brown-ish red for sure yeah. I just watched this story yesterday and this morning and the DVD has it more clear than any screen caps I can find. It's a nice one, whatever it is.

For season 18, it would be worth mentioning shoes and socks from The Lesure Hive, at least it's the only story I can recall from memory that he had them, but it is still a change in costume to note for the full effect.

4th Doctor Costume Variations D4-5n-c023

4th Doctor Costume Variations D4-5n-023

Also in The Leisure Hive Tom has a jacket that was similar to his Season 12 Jacket (the original) underneath his overcoat that was only seen briefly in this story and then never again. Which is a shame, it was a nice jacket. I can do screen caps of this jacket at home, there is really only scene that it is nicely visible anyway.

Last edited by terrasolo on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psibob
psibob

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:07 pm

The brown coat from The Face of Evil and The Robots of Death is the new brown coat. You can tell the difference by the extra amount of skirt material there is in this coat from the earlier coat.

Plus in The Face of Evil the Doctor wore some greenish boots that he wore only for that story. There are close ups of it when Leela falls at the Doctor's feet when she first meets him, and when the Doctor is doing the test and the trap door is sliding beneath his feet.
Back to top Go down
Cyber Leader

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

I have made corrections and if you have anything to add then I am happy to add it.

Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:34 pm

This is a good thread Cyber Leader, would love to see one for other Doctors.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Excellent list Cyber Leader!

I believe the S18 Tom had on socks and shoes in The Leisure Hive, Meglos and State of Decay. He wears his boots for the other stories.

Meglos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1ttn2DsDk (36 seconds on - before and after he trips).

State of Decay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d50HCGvZYm0&NR=1 (about 53 seconds in - sorry for the quality - not my upload Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Bravo, Cyber Leader! Very informative and useful thread (no pun intended). Well done. That took a lot of work.

Does anybody know how to move this thread to the Doctor Who Discussion section? I don't want to lose this reference material...
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 pm

At the very least, Cyber-Leader can copy the contents of his (her?) initial post and create a new thread in the appropriate forum and then supply a link via a new post in this thread.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Vortex
Vortex

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 pm

I sadly only have 1 tom, the 11th Doctors set one.
Thats why I want the sontaran set, so I can get that fantastic costume!
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Incredible eye for detail Cyber Leader!
Back to top Go down
towerdalek2

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:55 pm

i am not sure if these pics are any good i took them at the exhibition some time ago.i just hope they help some one.
Back to top Go down
towerdalek2

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:55 pm

4th Doctor Costume Variations Picture077
Back to top Go down
towerdalek2

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 pm

4th Doctor Costume Variations Picture078-1
Back to top Go down
towerdalek2

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:57 pm

4th Doctor Costume Variations Tom18-1
Back to top Go down

4th Doctor Costume Variations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: