Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

4th Doctor Costume Variations Empty
PostSubject: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 am

List of all costume variations (as compiled by CyberLeader) :

Robot - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and Original Scarf, original hat

Ark in Space - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and Original Scarf with grey section removed, original hat

Sontaran Experiment, Genesis of the Daleks - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and Overcoat and
Original scarf, original hat

Revenge of the Cybermen - Wave 1 Tom with Green Tie and original scarf, original hat

Terror of the Zygons - Unique Tartan Scarf and Hat, Overcoat and new waistcoat
Also the original scarf was used missing a few short colours at either end

Planet of Evil - Wave 1 tom, original scarf, TOTZ waistcoat and brown kravat

Pyramids of Mars - POE Tom with Overcoat, new dark green hat

The Android Invasion - SOD Tom with red tie (Android tom had a new scarf), hat

Brain of Morbius, Seeds of Doom - SOD Tom from 11 Doctors Set, new lighter hat

Masque of Mandragora, The Hand of Fear - POM waistcoat, Altered Original Scarf (android scarf for studio shots), brand new hat

The Deadly Asssassin - Timelord Costume and Previous Episode Costume with AI duplicate scarf, original hat

The Face of Evil, Robots of Death - HOF costume with red tie and duplicate scarf, original hat and new brown coat (green shoes worn exclusively in FOE)

Talons of Weng Chiang - Dearstalker hat, cape, no scarf, new waistcoat

Horror of fang Rock, The Invisible Enemy - SOD Outfit with red tie and duplicate scarf, new hat

Image of Fendahl - New Brown Overcoat, no tie or kravat, brand new scarf, original hat

The Sun Makers - HOFR & TIE costume with duplicate scarf ect., new hat

Underworld, Invasion of Time - IOF costume including the 3 episode exclusive scarf, new hat

Ribos Operation - Brown Overcoat, original scarf with less pieces joined to the duplicate to create the longest scarf to date.. new hat

Pirate Planet, Stones of Blood, Androids of tara - Brown overcoat, new spotted waist coat, no tie or kravat, combined scarf, new hat

Power of Kroll, the armageddon factor, destiny of the Daleks - Grey jacket, grey trousers, boots, combined scarf

City of death - DOTD with shoes rather than boots, new hat

Creature from the Pit - DOTD costume with boots, new hat

Nightmare of Eden - Brown overcoat and DOTD costume, original hat

Horns of Nimon - COD costume, original hat

Shada - NOE costume with different costumes, original hat

The Leisure Hive - Brand new costume, burgandy with the longest scarf ever sporting burgandy/brown shoes with rather MAD socks, new burgandy hat

Meglos - TLH costume with new waistcoat and boots

Full Circle, State of Decay, Warriors Gate, Keeper of Traken, Logopolis - Standard Season 18 costume

Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:16 pm

DOTD? confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

The Castellan wrote:
DOTD? confused scratch

Destiny
Of
The
Daleks
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:10 am

Very nice reference lismWhoNA and CyberLeader!

Couple additions/questions: Pyramids of Mars - the list says it is the Overcoat but wasn't this a new coat? Not as bulky as the overcoat and darker isn't it? Not sure of this is the same dark brown possibly velvet coat as worn in Face of Evil/Invasion of Time perhaps? Always wondered myself, so would love to know if anyone knows.

Also, for Masque of Mandragora/Hand of Fear - doesn't list the coat but think it was the same coat as discussed above? Curious if there is just one dark brown velvet looking coat of if there were a couple different ones worn throughout his era (and by different ones I don't mean duplicates of the same coat in vase it would get damaged during filming, but rather what is meant to be individual unique coats.

The fact that I contemplate such absolutely trivial things - and take the time to write posts about them bothers me. So please don't tell anyone. :-) ;-) :-)
Back to top Go down
Time HYPHEN Flight

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:15 am

GeminiPete wrote:
Couple additions/questions: Pyramids of Mars - the list says it is the Overcoat but wasn't this a new coat? Not as bulky as the overcoat and darker isn't it? Not sure of this is the same dark brown possibly velvet coat as worn in Face of Evil/Invasion of Time perhaps? Always wondered myself, so would love to know if anyone knows.

A clarification of terms is needed. The PoM, SoD and IotF coats really should be referred to in all cases as frock coats. "Overcoat" isn't strictly incorrect. But I've always felt the word bears a connotation of being necessarily the outermost layer of clothing--something the frock coat is not. Frock coats of the nineteenth century--upon which the design of all the aforementioned garments is based--were essentially the Victorian equivalent of the modern day suit jacket. Take your frock coat off back then and you're in shirtsleeves; just as you'd be in your shirtsleeves now without your suit jacket. (And there's another term oft misapplied to the frock coat. Again, calling a frock coat a "jacket" isn't technically wrong; it's just not the best choice. Although there may be shorter frock coats, jackets are intrinsically shorter. In modern parlance anyway.) Today, if it's cold out, you might well wear an overcoat on top of your suit jacket or sport coat; back in the day, it was the same with the frock coat: It wasn't typically your outermost, outdoors layer. (I think it's the length of most frock coats that confuses the issue. Longer coat for most folks equals winter topcoat.) Topcoats, by the way, should never be confused with frock coats; topcoats are always menswear's outermost layer. Unless possibly you're homeless. But that's a bit beyond the scope of this post.

Also, "frock coat" is simply more precise. Overcoat could easily refer to more than one sort of garment. And the one is not necessarily the other: The Eleventh Doctor's green coat from LKH is most certainly an overcoat, though it is no way a frock coat.

For all that, and for being as big a Doctor Who fan as I am, there are a number of things about the very coats in question that I'm not clear on--now that I think of it. For a long time I took the PoM coat to be the same as the one in, say, NoE. But the latter of those clearly looks longer to me, and perhaps fuller in the skirts as well. Are those different coats? In the original post it's suggested that IotF featured an entirely new coat, but as GeminiPete wonders, is that not the same from FoE?Or is that just my imagination?

Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 4th Doctor Costume Variations   4th Doctor Costume Variations EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am

I was watching State of Decay last night, noticed the Doctor was in his shoes and socks instead of his boots, I always thought he had only worn them once in the Leisure Hive. He also wore them in Meglos. Then when he regenerates the 5th Dr is wearing the shoes and socks.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/

4th Doctor Costume Variations
Page 1 of 1