Calixar
amagon
Evil Monkey Pope
CJSchmidt
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rate this Episode
Fantastic!
304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Pretty Good
304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Average
304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Disappointing
304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
Horrible
304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 12:11 am

Series 4. Daleks in Hammond...by Helen Raynor.
Showgirls, Steelmills and Dunkin Doughnuts.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 am

greenk9 wrote:

It's worth the trip!

bounce lol! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 1:30 am

greenk9 wrote:

Kinda, like the mistake I pointed out they made in the first episode of showing the new torch on the statue of Liberty and not the old glass and steel one, we dont have steel mills in Hammond, but we do have a man of steel. I took a unbelievable shot of him on christmas night too.

I would prefer Steven Moffat to write it also.

Tell me more of this fascination you have with Dunkin Donuts <correct spelling, my child.

The way people are here, if I Dalek came up and said "Exterminate" they would just reply back with "You'll shoot your eye out kid." Anyone get the subtle reference to what else this city is known for? scratch santa
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 3:06 am

Mr. Hoosier...
Is the city of Hammond known for leg lamps?

As for Dunken Dognuts... who is not fascinated by the tasty lard heart attack treat. As for spelling- I type to fast and neiever bother to spell check. ha.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 10:31 am

yeah, something like that. Nice to see you figured out what 'Sir' means Wink We have two White Castles here also. I wouldnt mind if we were known for landing the first new Toys R Us store though!

True about the lard attacks, since Krispy Kreme is only in one town here so far. Although I do like the chocolate covered ones, they are only good when they are warm.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 11:13 am

Some of the best lines ever...

Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots.

Ralphie: Oooh fuuudge!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
Mr. Parker: [stunned] *What* did you say?
Ralphie: Uh, um...
Mr. Parker: That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me.

and one of my favorites...

Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand... YECCHH!

Of course you can visit Hammond, sort of, online...

http://revver.com/video/503001/a-christmas-story-reality-tour-jean-shepherd-home-town/
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 3:57 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
yeah, something like that. Nice to see you figured out what 'Sir' means Wink We have two White Castles here also. I wouldnt mind if we were known for landing the first new Toys R Us store though!

True about the lard attacks, since Krispy Kreme is only in one town here so far. Although I do like the chocolate covered ones, they are only good when they are warm.

Hmm, I would choose Krispy Kreme over Dunkin Donuts anytime! Krystal down here, but there are White Castles in the freezer section! TRU (only one in the area; other closed down due to crime) STILL has nothing. Need that road trip tomorrow, Sir Hoosier!

king
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Sir Hoosier...Oh a Toys R Us in Hammond? Really? Used to have one in Lansing...they are sadly becoming a rare site.

As for Doughy Nutus...the only Krispy Cream that I know is on Rte 41 kinda near rt. 30. Even when I write or say the name Krispy Kreme I gain 5 pounds. Oh no!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 8:10 pm

MY favorite lines from the movie are - in the beginning, "Swallowed a Yo-Yo?" "Yeah some clodhopper down in Griffith Indiana, did it on a bet" I grew up in Griffith so we always laugh at it.

And - "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!"

Merrillville TRU doesnt have them either still, but does have some really cool Indiana Jones Lego sets!

That is the Schererville Krispy.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 pm

OOOH indy lego sets....cool. Wish they would make DW legos.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 pm

My least favorite Dalek episode ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 304: Daleks in Manhattan   304: Daleks in Manhattan - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 pm

I have tried to like this episode but it really is quite bad-almost unintentionally campy...I cringe at the over the top american accents (actually they were american actors) er and...the pig slaves and the odd earthworm hairdo of dalek sec.
Back to top Go down

304: Daleks in Manhattan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2