15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:54 pm

I almost like Peter Cushing better than william hartnell.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

started watching tom baker, while i was reading jon pertwee novels(didn't know they were different doctors), and out of nowhere peter davison takes over. i was hooked.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 pm

Tom Baker
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Sunday morning, 10:30 KRMA in Colorado, I was sick, got to skip church. My 1st Doctor was Tom in Pyramids of Mars. A few weeks later, sick again, I caught The Brain of Morbius. Was there a better way to be introduced to The Doctor on telly? I ask it that way because, little did I realize, I'd already seen The Doctor. Late, late night TV I was flipping channels, my attention was caught by this disorganized English gentleman with his granddaughter in a messy science lab that turned out to be a time machine. My very first exposure to Dr. Who as it happened was something like Elvira or Zombo showing Dr. Who and the Daleks starring Peter Cushing. I didn't realize that until many years later when I picked up the VHS in a bargain bin at Suncoast MPC! Ultimately I caught ever Who from The Ambassadors of Death through The Caves of Androzani on PBS stations before moving to a town where there was no Who until Suncoast moved into the mall. And that's when I caught up on Colin & Sylv...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:24 pm

I was reading the TV guide way back in 2005. It talked about a show about a time lord coming to sci fi channel Friday nights. So I figured I give it a chance. Well first doc was 9. Fell in love with the show first night I saw it and loved in sense. cheers Sadly after the fourth series with the tenth doctor it isn't shown on scifi any more. No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Well... depending on your metric, my first Doctor was one of 7, 3, 8, 4, or 9. Razz

Encountered 7 in comics form first of all, in a guest appearance in Death's Head.

Saw the TV Movie when it first aired.

Caught snippets of 3 and 4 on PBS at various points, but never more than a few minutes and only once or twice.

What finally snared me for good though was catching most of Dalek on Sci-Fi when it premiered. That hooked me right off, and it stuck.

That said, though, I am firmly in the "they're all the Doctor and I like them more or less equally" camp.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Tom Baker was the first I was aware of, and I remember the theme song winding through my aunt and uncle's house, but I never really sat down and watched it.

Eccleston was my first and still my favorite. His speech to Rose about feeling the turning of the earth, and that moment where he poked his face through the mail slot won me over to the show and got me to go back and begin watching all the classics.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: You Never Forget Your First Doctor    You Never Forget Your First Doctor  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
Tom Baker was the first I was aware of, and I remember the theme song winding through my aunt and uncle's house, but I never really sat down and watched it.

Eccleston was my first and still my favorite. His speech to Rose about feeling the turning of the earth, and that moment where he poked his face through the mail slot won me over to the show and got me to go back and begin watching all the classics.

Eccleston reminds me a lot of Baker. Liked him a lot more than Tennant. ~Ducks a fan girl's shoe that got thrown~
Back to top Go down

You Never Forget Your First Doctor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2