6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:46 pm

rdks wrote:
Oi! Don't forget Lester! His combined 6 1/2 minutes that he's been on screen so far this season has been invaluable to the enjoyment of the show.

I'd like to agree with about Connor & Abby being enjoyable this season, but while Connor is still fun, Abby is just... there. She does nothing, she adds nothing, and she doesn't even say much. It's like it's a cameo appearance every week. And what's up with her hair? I know she spent a year in the forest but she's been back for 4 weeks. You'd think she'd at least have washed it by now! Laughing

Yeah- I feel the same thing with abby- what is up with her character. What happened to the spicy peppy girl- she looks like she is just going thru the motions of the day. It is as if the writers have no clue about the character- ....grrr.
Back to top Go down
mike7184

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:32 am

great show going to have to watch season 4 now .
Back to top Go down
http://www.edogo.com/
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 pm

No improvement in episode 5. Special effects got pretty bad. Story & writing were severely subpar for this series. The running plot isn't making any sense. The only positive was lots of Lester, and he was great. Funny to see him taken out of his element.

I was going to give up and not bother anymore until I saw the preview for next week and the return of Jenny. That's piqued my interest somewhat.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Just remembered his show and got around to watching the last 2 episodes of Series 4 and the first episode of Series 5.

The S4 finale was decent. Nice to see Danny Quinn return. That was a big surprise (though I was so hoping it was somehow Nick Cutter). The plot made less sense than a Steven Moffat script but it was fun to see Danny back and causing trouble with Phillip.

S5 looks a little more promising. The series arc seems more interesting than the previous series, and the CG has improved vastly (at least for episode 1). Lester is once again the highlight of the show for me. I'll stick with this a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Are there only going to be 6 eps for S5 - also, is this the final season?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Yup, 6 episodes again. As for this being the final series.... probably. This is the last one on the contract and the contract hasn't yet been renewed. The ratings for S4 were about half of what they were for S1 so I wouldn't be surprised if this is it. Time will tell.

It won't be the end of the Primeval franchise though. A Canadian company has picked up the rights and will be doing a Americanized version similar to what's been done with Being Human. Might be good, might not be, who knows. Hopefully they'll re-write a few of the braindead mistakes that the original suffered from.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 am

rdks wrote:
Yup, 6 episodes again. As for this being the final series.... probably. This is the last one on the contract and the contract hasn't yet been renewed. The ratings for S4 were about half of what they were for S1 so I wouldn't be surprised if this is it. Time will tell.

It won't be the end of the Primeval franchise though. A Canadian company has picked up the rights and will be doing a Americanized version similar to what's been done with Being Human. Might be good, might not be, who knows. Hopefully they'll re-write a few of the braindead mistakes that the original suffered from.

Something hopefully will be done about the soldiers (poor Captain Ryan) so that way in the Canadian version, the soldiers actually are useful rather than being monster food or always out on tea break.

I haven't watched series 4 yet and I'm not sure I want to. It just doesn't sound like fun anymore.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Primeval Series 4   Primeval Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:41 am

I'm rewatching the series again and I forgot how much I looooove this show! Except, now that I am watching it again... I like Lester now! The frell?!
~
Back to top Go down

Primeval Series 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2