greenk9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:16 pm

primeval was cancelled after series 3- any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm

That it was the worst decision ever! Seriously, they left it at the strongest point of all 3 years, on a major cliffhanger and not knowing what will happen next! Such a shame, it kept me from blowing my TV up this year now that there is/was no new Who on.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:29 pm

iTV was cancelling shows left and right earlier in the year (including one of my faves Wire in the Blood) to cut down on production costs. Cancelling Primeval with a cliffhanger such as that was really stupid. Had the producers known this would have happened, they wouldn't have ended the series as they did.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 pm

help me get the seasons straight on this which one just finished airing on BBCAmer.? I f that was 3 then that is a terrible shame. Overall this was a very decent show.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 pm

yeah lake erie/dalek thay series 3 was just on bbc america. That cliffhanger needs some answers- which makes me believe that they had full intentions of bringing it back. Basically series three ITV ratings gradually slid plus the apparent cost of the show was the reason for the chop...shame really.

Chrocheto- ITV has been on a bloodbath of chops. I still remember when they cancelled hercule poriot- but the fans eventually won out and it came back- but abeit more in a movie format due to saving a few bucks. just hope that same fate does not happen to who in the future.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:59 am

I thought series 3 was good, and it was a shame to cancel it because of costs and yet, ITV is still spurning out boring and useless talent shows.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:44 pm

well as with all the UK shows we can wait for the Stateside version that they'll rip off, redo, and ruin.
SharkTank=Dragon's Den
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 pm

I moved just before scifi was going to show it and dont have cable at the new place.

It sounded interesting.
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-02-02

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 am

It was a good show that deserved better. I know it wasn't meant to end on a cliffhanger and it's a shame that it won't be
resolved.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:34 pm

well the current rumour mill is that this show is to be retooled for the american market...but this coming from wikipedia is speculative in nature.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:36 am

I bailed on Series 3 after 5 or 6 episodes. Loved Series 1 & 2, and got all the toys. But after Cutter left, I followed pretty quick.

Not just him leaving though, I thought the writing got bad and the character development took a nose-dive. Except Lester. He got a lot better. Hmmm... maybe I'll get around to watching the rest of it one day soon...
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:22 am

Cutter going was just crazy, he was the main guy. It was all about him, it started with him, and his Wife was the 'bad guy'. But Danny Quinn is a good character, episode 6 is superb.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:16 pm

yeah rdks, after cutter left, I did want to turn away- the whole heart of the show and it's cannon left...but I did stay with it and really after episode 7, the writing got better again. Not many shows survive after a main character up and leaves- look at laverne and shirley, northern exposure....well it did work for doctor who. I was just starting to like what direction they were taking, plus danny was an interesting replacement, but alas we will never know. But many can argue- they say it was cut for budgetary reasons, but the rating drop could be argued was because cutter "left".
Back to top Go down
pjr

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Douglas Henshall decided to leave which is his right but the show isn't the same without Nick Cutter. I'm not too excited about the idea of an American version of "Primeval" because I think it would be far too different and the characters would be
changed.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 pm

They might as well give it a try. Cutter leaving was bad but having not read anything prior to it was great for shock value!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:12 pm

It was a huge shock!!! Shocked I knew he was leaving, but I figured the end of the series! Then, BAM! Bye, bye Cutter. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
pjr

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 pm

I probably should have put a Spoiler Warning on my post about Cutter. Sorry to anyone who has bothered by it.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:08 am

Well, I finally tried to watch the final 2 episodes. I absolutely hated episode 9. I can't believe this was the same show as seasons 1 and 2. The only thing that entertained me at all was the brilliant belligerent arrogance that is James Lester. I'll watch episode 10 one day just to see what happens to him.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Lester is my favorite character...he is such a lovable jerk. As for series 3 I had trouble after the two main characters leaving...it sort of deflated me too much. Cutter was the huge core of the show...the supporting characters, as good as they are...is not enough to hold the show together. It's like having happy days without Fonzie- I know, crazy deluded thinking, but you get the point....I still like the show- and I do think the right direction for it now is to reinvent itself.
Back to top Go down
mike7184

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-19

primeval series 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: primeval series 3   primeval series 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:26 am

This is a great tv show. I never miss any episode of this show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.edogo.com/

primeval series 3
Page 1 of 1