Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran Empty
PostSubject: Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran   Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 am

I just recently found copies of the two old Doctor Who movies done back in the 1960's starring Peter Cushing as Doctor Who, and while watching the second movie Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150, I noticed that a young Bernard Cribbins was in that as well. He plays a character named Tom Campbell who was traveling with the Doctor.

Now I know that it doesn't really seem to fall in with any of the Doctor Who canon exactly, but despite that fact, it seems Bernard Cribbins is a Doctor Who veteran. Appearing in both the 1960's film and then again as Wilf in the new Doctor Who TV series.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran   Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 am

everybody loves wilf.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran   Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:15 am

I recognized him as the spoon salesman from the Fawlty Towers episode "The Hotel Inspectors". He was always one of my favourite characters from Fawlty Towers, due to the amazingly odd way he talks. Laughing

I nearly fell out of my chair when I found out it was Wilf! I've seen that episode a thousand times in the last 30 years, and never even put the 2 together.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran   Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:21 am

rdks wrote:
I recognized him as the spoon salesman from the Fawlty Towers episode "The Hotel Inspectors". He was always one of my favourite characters from Fawlty Towers, due to the amazingly odd way he talks. Laughing

I nearly fell out of my chair when I found out it was Wilf! I've seen that episode a thousand times in the last 30 years, and never even put the 2 together.

I was about to post that!! He was amazing in that show!!! Well, that show was amazing. No matter how many times I watch it, I hyperventilate from laughing so hard!
Back to top Go down

Bernard Cribbins - Doctor Who Veteran
Page 1 of 1