Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.

Go down 
+6
Shatterbang
RevClaire
Thete
Ronpur
bret_owen99
timewarrior
10 posters
AuthorMessage
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. Empty
PostSubject: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello one and all. . .This thread is to post general questions about the doctor himself. . .

The first one I have is as follows:

What type of movies would the doctor go to the theater to see?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 pm

the doctor would go to see lesbian vampire killers. if only to remark on how handsome the vicar looks.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 pm

The Matrix, because they stole the idea from him and the Mist, because it looked like it would have been a episode of the series to me.
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 am

Back to the Future! Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. 709-99 ok no .... Oh actually yes! He mentions it to Martha in the Shakey episode
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:47 am

I like to think that he watches historicals and sci-fi movies on a roughly even split, taking meticulous notes on what they got wrong, and sending them to the creators... usually at the right point in their lives. Wink
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Do you think he would like the hot tub time machine movie?
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm

He also mentions having seen Aliens, Star Wars, and both Die Hard movies (in Dreamland).
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:30 am

What if the Doctor wound up watching the "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" and saw the Daleks in that?
~
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:17 pm

"The Lion King", baby Very Happy

Oh, and I suspect he'd also enjoy "Adventures in Babysitting".
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Being as he's attached to significant movements in human history, he'd probably watch all the significant movies of all time. Avatar, the Twilight movies (though I don't think he'd Like them, but he'd probably watch them, just to see), The Dark Knight, and so on.

Since he's definitely one for forming his own opinion, I can see him being curious about any major social phenomena (for instance, he read the Harry Potter series), and interested in diving in to form his own opinion.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Do you think he actually sits down to watch movies or read books, and he doesn't have a faster way to enjoy them? (Aside from him sitting down to read "The Time Machine" in the TV movie.)
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 pm

I can't remember, but wasn't there some episode somewhere where they showed him speed reading through some book or another? It was with the 9th or 10th Doctor, I'm sure, I watched it relatively recently...

Ultimately, though, he's ancient. What's 2 or 10 hours of amusement for a creature that's in the general vicinity of 1,000 years old?

He's repeatedly stated that trouble is only the bits in between, and he often looks about for things that are simply enjoyable to do. Take Midnight, for example, a 4-hour one way trip, 8 hours total, and he discounted the time of the travel, and he seemed to actively enjoy the idea of spending these 8 hours doing nothing but idly chatting with random people.

And all that just to go see some sight that he could easily have gone to with the TARDIS. That really implies he perceives time much, much more casually.

So I can very easily envision him sitting back on a beach somewhere, reading a book, or listening to a recording of a radio play, or sitting in a crowded theater when films were new, and just enjoying the delight and wonder of the crowd over the simple moving images.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 pm

khana wrote:
I can't remember, but wasn't there some episode somewhere where they showed him speed reading through some book or another? It was with the 9th or 10th Doctor, I'm sure, I watched it relatively recently...

The 4th Doctor did it in City of Death:

"Good book. Bit boring in the middle."

The 9th Doctor did it in Rose:

"Sad ending."

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:50 pm

I loved Looney Toons Back in Action just for the cool
Daleks alone.

They really need another big screen shot just to show
how cool they'd be.

As for the Doctor's favorite movie well that's
easy,it's called Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

I'd love for there to be a parody of those characters
on the Who series itself with 2 similar English slacker
teens that steal a Time Machine Phone Booth(British
version)and cause some havoc through time with the
Doctor hot on their heels.

They wouldn't be evil just out to have a good "time".

I can just see these 2 going back in time and trying to
score with a young Queen Victoria or accidentally
causing the death of an important historical figure and
the Doc has to "fix" things.

Give them the rough
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.   Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Call them Phil and Ned
Back to top Go down

Theoretical discussions on the nature of the doctor.
Page 1 of 1