Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Well based on the other post it makes sense to go ahead and start this thread.

If it proves to be true. What would your thoughts be for a new Tardis interior? Woodgrain panelling, heated leather seats, aux jack for the ipod...maybe that's a car Laughing

My thoughts:
It's a shame to lose what we've all grown a custom to as far as the inside design. It seemed somehow poetic with the new style being grown. As the new series grew into a solid winner!

I like the organic feel but I think if they are going with a redo maybe now we need something on the other side of the spectrum. Either a brooding boiler-room style? Maybe a retro 80's design or retro futuristic, I'm thinking of original starwars millenium falcon styling?

I think a lot will depend on the storyline and what occurs or make the interior change. Does 11 just feel like it? Is it due to some cloister bell ringing catastrophe? Question

I'm sure will all get along fine with a new Doc and a new Tardis. I would make one request though. If this all comes to pass, I WANT TO SEE MORE OF THE INTERIOR ROOMS!! The wardrobe was a brief glimpse and I think we all want more. 4th and companions were always at least wandering off to their bedrooms etc. And someone help me hear there was the Baker ep where he kept wandering thru the tardis passing the pool etc. Showing the infiniteness(word?) of the infinite interior was always magical.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:06 pm

I really like the "coral" look. The idea that the TARDIS was grown, not just built, really helped sell the idea of the Doctor/Time Lords being alien and unique. I was really hoping the new HD set would be an updated and expanded version of the current set. The "organicness" of the current TARDIS really makes it feel like a character, not just a room.

I really get the feeling this is regeneration is going to feel more like "Rose" and less like "The Christmas Invasion".
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 pm

While I love the current interrior, I think I'm looking forward to a change. Change has always been an integral component of Doctor Who and for good or bad, it's what's kept the series fresh and interesting.

Since the new series began, I'd always hoped to see OTHER rooms aside from the control room. So far all we've gotten is the wardrobe room in "The Christmas Invasion", but as "The Invasion of Time" illustrates, the Tardis interior is virtually endless with hundreds of rooms. For heaven's sake, let's see some of them!

As for the new control room, I really liked the Jules Verne-ish look of the McGann Tardis. I dig the whole steampunk thing, so I think that route would be cool.
Back to top Go down
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 pm

I just hope the play set( if they make one ) isn't as huge as the current one so we can place it on a normal size shelf.
I also would love to see other rooms in the TARDIS too.
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 pm

You left out the McGann TVM style console room Smile
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm

yeah my bad. maybe the mod squad can edit?
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Option added...
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Interior Designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Designs   Interior Designs EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm

thanks much!
Back to top Go down

Interior Designs
Page 1 of 1