Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US? Empty
PostSubject: Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?   Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Is the 1996 Who movie available on DVD in the States? I don't know that I've ever seen it. Maybe it's available through Whona but I don't see it in their website. I know it can be viewed on YouTube but I'd like to get a reasonably-priced copy on NTSC DVD.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?   Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:20 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?   Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:50 pm

drat
Back to top Go down
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?   Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Best bet is to get it from the UK and there are a bunch of DVD players that are able to have the region free.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS299US299&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=region+free+dvd&spell=1

The DVD player I got was from Target and was like 30 -40 dollars. You might be lucky and have a dvd player that can play 0 Region. Region 0 means it will play any DVD's.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?   Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:22 pm

The UK has had the movie out on DVD for quite a while (with extras). Best best is get a region-free dvd player (they are very cheap these days) and get a copy from there (I don't find the shipping costs that bad really). It seems like the UK has released better stuff there than they have in the States for sure and from what I can see sometimes it is actually cheaper getting it there than in the States.
Back to top Go down

Dr Who: The Movie (8th Doctor) available on DVD in the US?
Page 1 of 1