WhoMA_Joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:49 pm

OK
Say they were going to make another Who movie who would you like to see as the Doctor in it < 1 - 10 >, what would be the basics of the plot and whom would be the actors.

A few idea's I had was a movie with the 8th Doctor and at the end he regens into the 9th and the other was to have the early years of the 1st doctor- meet his family.

Last edited by Sci-FiJoe on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:08 pm

It has to be something about The Time War (summarizing the beginning, and showing the last battle, thereby ending this once and for all!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:59 pm

er I'd like doc 10.5 adjusting to earth life....
passes a driver's test
vegges out in front of the t.v. all day while rose works
has to get a job at pizza hut to pay bills
has to babysit jackie's son
forced to go to a laudrymat to wash his suit and wear earth clothes-
and the scariest monster he meets is a 2 year old who wants his mummy
ah they fish out of water stuff
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 am

Bring back Paul McGann and Eccleston for a Time war movie series!

Eccleston could do the narration until mcgann regenerates.

(sigh) I can only dream... God I'm loser! lol
Back to top Go down
Dalek Prototype
Dalek Prototype

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:58 pm

The 10th Doctor is still traveling alone and responds to a vague signal from the TARDIS suggesting that he must urgently visit Earth. He arrives to find his grand daughter Susan Foreman, recently regenerated and suffering from an identity crisis. She died in a horrific accident and has regenerated but with trauma induced amnesia. Susan's regeneration can't be explained by human doctors and she's being kept a virtual prisoner in the hospital and is about to be handed over to the "proper authorities" who were not in contact with UNIT and who had no prior knowledge of Susan's presence on Earth.

The Doctor swoops in to rescue Susan, picking up a hospital nurse as his next companion along the way, and they take off in the TARDIS. As they attempt to escape through time, they come face to face with an invading force of angry renegade Daleks on their way to Earth to settle the score for that whole "The Doctor and his Earthling friends blew up our Crucible" affair.

(Note: the companion should be a slightly older than usual female or possibly a young adult male.)

The Doctor and Co. must return to Earth to explain the impending invasion and to rally the forces. Of course, no one believe them at first and plans don't start moving until UNIT is finally contacted. But time has run out and the Daleks attack. In the ensuing battle royale the Doctor is fatally wounded, holding on to his 10th life just long enough to explain to Susan and his new companion just what must be done to save the Earth. The plan almost succeeds but is just about to fall apart when the 11th Doctor finally is regenerated and helps a small band of humans (plus Susan) escape just as the Daleks establish total Earth domination.

It's a bittersweet ending as the group retreats to safety in the TARDIS as humanity suffers even more under this latest Dalek occupation. And this time, the Daleks mean to stay on the newly scorched Earth permanently to keep the humans in check so they won't interfere with future Dalek interplanetary conquest plans.

Thus, we set up the inevitable sequel in which the Doctor returns to attempt to save Earth with a huge army of Men and Hath when we discover that he has met up with Jenny and then returned to the planet Messaline where they trained an army that will battle the Daleks to save Earth.

Film title: Rescue Who?

Sequel: Doctor Who: Revolt of the Humans

Cast:
10th Doctor - David Tennant
11th Doctor - Matt Smith
Regenerated Susan - Kristen Bell
Companion - Danica McKellar or Frankie Muniz
Jenny - Georgia Moffett

The Daleks may or may not be headed by Davros -- it might require too much storytelling for one movie if Davros' survival from the Reality Bomb has to be explained.

Okay, that's too much thinking from my brain for one rainy afternoon. All brain musings are copyright me, 2009! lol!
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:51 am

Wow, youve put alot of thought into that ey?

Lol Frankie Muniz?
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Wasn't Susan human? Not to put a damper on anything.

Mine has Tennant in it, with a crossing over into my parallel universe.
Back to top Go down
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:23 pm

The only thing we know about Susan is she was a descendant of a time lord and was from Gallifrey. If any one has more info i would like to find out more on her.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Prototype
Dalek Prototype

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am

mattix wrote:
Wow, youve put alot of thought into that ey?

Lol Frankie Muniz?

lol! Don't confuse the length of my post with any amount of real thought behind it. That really was just some free flowing gibberish there. I suppose I've always wanted a story with some real Dalek conquest and I just threw it in there. I've always been slightly disappointed that the Daleks are considered the most evil force in the universe and yet they always manage to be defeated within the arc of one story. I would like to see a movie end where the Daleks have actually defeated someone, thus earning them a firm fixture on their evil pedestal. (It's just a movie, not real life, after all. Smile

I didn't think I could sneak Frankie Muniz past anyone. Wink

amagon wrote:
Wasn't Susan human? Not to put a damper on anything...

Mine has Tennant in it, with a crossing over into my parallel universe.

Sci-FiJoe wrote:
The only thing we know about Susan is she was a descendant of a time lord and was from Gallifrey. If any one has more info i would like to find out more on her.

Yes, the latter is pretty much my memory of her situation. If I remember correctly, the Doctor always referred to himself and his grand daughter as "we" when it came to their situation and identities as renegade time travelers cast out by "our people". Wasn't it later on that the Doctor himself suggested that he was "half human on his mother's side" or something like that. I always thought Susan was pretty much straight bloodline Time Lord.

I may be wrong or perhaps my memories have been tarnished (embellished) by reading too much fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:16 am

You're right, Prototype: the Doctor did always refer to himself and Susan as being of the same people. Interestingly, though, he makes it clear in one of the first few episodes that she is actually 15 years old (as opposed to aging extra-slow, as one might expect from a Time Lord), so she'd have all her regenerations ahead of her, and obviously hadn't used any by the time of The Five Doctors. It has annoyed me for years that they've never revisited Susan on the show beyond her cameo in The Five Doctors. I suppose she's a hard character to incorporate into the narrative without leading to tons of pressure to explain the Doctor's origins, especially as regards the rest of his family.

Since the Doctor is surprised in An Unearthly Child that the TARDIS chamelon circuit doesn't work, that suggests to me that he hasn't used the TARDIS in some time. I've always suspected that whatever became of Susan's parents was the reason the Doctor took his granddaughter and left Gallifrey. That would be excellent material for a film.

As far as the 8th Doctor's claim of being half-human, I've always thought he was fibbing...his way of making himself seem less alien.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Dalek Prototype
Dalek Prototype

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot   Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 pm

mysterylad wrote:
You're right, Prototype: the Doctor did always refer to himself and Susan as being of the same people. Interestingly, though, he makes it clear in one of the first few episodes that she is actually 15 years old (as opposed to aging extra-slow, as one might expect from a Time Lord), so she'd have all her regenerations ahead of her, and obviously hadn't used any by the time of The Five Doctors. It has annoyed me for years that they've never revisited Susan on the show beyond her cameo in The Five Doctors. I suppose she's a hard character to incorporate into the narrative without leading to tons of pressure to explain the Doctor's origins, especially as regards the rest of his family.

Since the Doctor is surprised in An Unearthly Child that the TARDIS chamelon circuit doesn't work, that suggests to me that he hasn't used the TARDIS in some time. I've always suspected that whatever became of Susan's parents was the reason the Doctor took his granddaughter and left Gallifrey. That would be excellent material for a film.

Excellent points, mysterylad. Okay, so now I'm envisioning Susan lingering for a while in the hospital after her accident and trying to convince her nurse* that she's not human (a la McGann in The Movie), confiding some of her history -- perhaps enlightening us a bit as to what has transpired with her life. A good writer could address most of your questions with one 5-minute heartfelt bedside conversation.

Thus we'd also have to have an actress playing the slightly aged "First" Susan before she regenerates in Kristen Bell.

mysterylad wrote:
As far as the 8th Doctor's claim of being half-human, I've always thought he was fibbing...his way of making himself seem less alien.

I prefer to think of it as a lighthearted fib myself. Otherwise, the whole affair with Rose is cheapened a bit.

* Can Frankie Munoz handle such high drama? lol!
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who 2 movie............ your plot
Page 1 of 1