Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? Empty
PostSubject: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 12:25 am

Not sure what to think about this. If true, it should be handled carefully so as not to look ridiculous...

Gallifreyone.com wrote:
News services are reporting that this year's Children in Need will feature a special to include all seven living Doctor Who lead actors.

The below report is from the Telegraph. The story also appears in the News of the World and the Sunday Mirror.

[Remember: treat all such news as rumour until confirmed officially by the BBC]
The actors are getting together for the BBC charity Children in Need in a programme to be broadcast on November 14.

An insider at the BBC said: "It's a pretty ambitious idea and it's still being finalised. Everything is being kept under wraps but Doctor Who fans are in for a big treat."

The first of the 10 actors to take the role was William Hartnell in 1963, followed three years later by Patrick Troughton and then by Jon Pertwee but all three have since died.

The seven survivors include Tom Baker, now best known as the voice of the comedy series Little Britain, who played the role for seven years from 1974.

He was followed by Peter Davidson [sic] from 1981 to 1984, whose daughter Georgia Moffett has also featured in the programme and who is now dating the current doctor, David Tennant.

The others are Colin Baker, from 1984 to 1986, Sylvester McCoy who had two stints from 1987 to 1989 and re-appeared in the role in 1996, Paul McGann, who took over the role in 1996 and Christopher Eccleston who reprised the series in 2005.

Davison pulled it off just fine for Time Crash, McGann and surely Eccleston should be able to slip back into their roles seamlessly, but the others? YIKES!

I just can't imagine Colin Baker, looking the way he does now, slipping back into his crazy quilt coat.

This'll probably turn out to be another B.S. rumor, but it's interesting nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 am

as long as it is not like dimensions in time it would be pretty neat.
This is just a rumour- and I doubt that eccelston would get back into his u boat captain outfit but we can only dream. Oh would I so love to see Tom again- and not as a shada clipping... as he is now. sigh.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 am

I was so excited when I first heard this. I read a while ago, that Tom Baker said he would come back for a special if he was asked, PD cam back last year and enjoyed, I can see him coming back, Colin has been on Confidential a few times this year (Sontarans and Davros) so he could possibly come back, Slyvester may come back, Paul McGann has been seen talking to RTD and there have been rumours he is coming back, and of course, David is the current Doc, the only one I can't see coming back is Chris E.
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Tom and Colin look so much different now I have to wonder
how them playing The Doctor again would be.

It's an interesting idea but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 am

This is not true... BBC has confirmed that they will have a 2 min preview of The Next Doctor, the Xmas Special. This is stupid because they've never done this in past years and they make us wait until Christmas but then it just gives away the start, it just seems pointless and then I won't care waiting since we'll see the 1st scene anyway...
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 11:54 pm

darn- wish it were the ten docs but timecrash was so unique and maybe it will all work out. Wonder if it is strictly a preview of the next doc or a scene that will be a precursor to the eppie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:12 am

It could be that scene of the Cybermen in the Tardis that was filmed and then cut prior to broadcast.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:27 am

harkening back to forrest gump where they edited in Tom Hanks, I think if there ever is a reunion;some actors should do voice over work with old footage. Or barring that some superman-esque negative zone mirror distortion to account for the aging.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?   Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 1:27 am

I was actually writing a skit for the Whona convention. Just an idea I had. It would have been a charity thing, and would have had one of the older Doctors meet a newer version. And the whole, "you sure look older than I remember" is mentioned right off the bat. In fact it is the basis for the skit.

I was just being creative one night so I jotted it down. I havent mentioned it to the fine folks at whona, but it was one of those ideas I had for the con when they were asking for them.
Back to top Go down

Children In Need '08 - The 7 Doctors?
Page 1 of 1