Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The 3rd Doctors Jackets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The 3rd Doctors Jackets Empty
PostSubject: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Since there is continual discussion about all the different variants of the Doctor figures that we can possibly see I decided to make a rather informal list of the outfits the 3rd Doctor has worn.

(the following all have the same dark blue jacket as pointed out by terrrasolo below)
Spearhead from Space
Silurians
Ambassadors of Death
Inferno

Terror of the Autons - red jacket and black cape with red lining
Mind of Evil - Same
Claws of Axos - black jacket and black cape with red lining
Colony in Space - Same as above
Daemons - red jacket and black cape with purple lining

Day of the Daleks - red jacket and black cape with purple lining, some publicity photos have the red and green check cape
Curse of Peladon - red jacket with red and green check cape
Sea Devils - Dark blue jacket and black cape with red lining
Mutants - red jacket and black cape
Time Monster - red jacket and red and green check cape

Three Doctors - red jacket
Carnival of Monsters - Green Jacket
Frontier in Space - green jacket and brown cape
Planet of the Daleks - dark purple jacket (only appearence)
Green Death - already released figure but he wore the red and green check cape

Time Warrior - green jacket and red and green check cape
Invasion of Dinosaurs - blue jacket and a grey cape with subtle grey check pattern
Death to the Daleks - figure already released
Monster of Peladon - dark green jacket
Planet of the Spiders - blue jacket as Invasion of Dinosaurs

Five Doctors - dark red jacket with red piping and orange red check cape

This is NOT a totally perfectly accurate list as I am using photo reference, and some shots are publicity ones as far as the cape goes.

Last edited by Hoosier Whovian on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:26 am

Spearhead (and the rest of the first season)was actually the blue jacket. It's really clear on the DVD versus the pics on the net. And looking at the figure, he is a more accurate representation of Spearhead than he is Sea Devils, mainly due to the way he wears the tie.

You can tell in these two pics I took from the DVD

The 3rd Doctors Jackets CMCapture2

The 3rd Doctors Jackets CMCapture1-2
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:20 am

Like I said, it isnt perfectly accurate. I am using pictures for the reference material and most of them are darker than they should be.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:53 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Like I said, it isnt perfectly accurate. I am using pictures for the reference material and most of them are darker than they should be.

Which is why I helped Wink Good list though. I know it's a jacket list, but it would be cool to see the boots listed too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 pm

I had thought about the boots, but that would involve watching the shows all over again, not that I have a problem with that, but will need to set aside the time.

I can say that Colony In Space has the Doctor wearing his boots. I got that from my archive collection.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 pm

And I recall Carnival of Monsters and Death to the Daleks. Surely it can't only be three though can it? I mean it could, but it would be fun to find out for sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:25 pm

terrasolo wrote:
And I recall Carnival of Monsters and Death to the Daleks. Surely it can't only be three though can it? I mean it could, but it would be fun to find out for sure.

Basically, anytime the 3rd Doctor was 'mucking about' on an alien planet (chalk pit for us humans) he would wear the boots, otherwise it was the shoes. I remember in The War Games text commentary when watching episode 9, they point out that on location The Doctor was wearing wellingtons, but in the studio material before that he had on his regular shoes. The reason being, location footage was shot first, and they were in a muddy location. I am not so nitpicky as to what he wore in scene 37a of story BBB, but some are. If he wore the boots or shoes for the majority of a story then that would be the 'definitive' style for the figure.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:26 pm

I agree with you there, just the basics. Sort of like Baker wearing boots but Davison wearing the socks and shoes after the regeneration. Not actually as it should have been but that's the way it was. So I'd like them that way.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:40 pm

terrasolo wrote:
I agree with you there, just the basics. Sort of like Baker wearing boots but Davison wearing the socks and shoes after the regeneration. Not actually as it should have been but that's the way it was. So I'd like them that way.

This makes me want to try and get another giftset, and just stick Troughton's head on Hartnell's body. Just because.

geek
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The 3rd Doctors Jackets   The 3rd Doctors Jackets EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 am

I really liked the look of the blue jacket with grey coat/cape from Dinosaurs. The red jacket is one of my favorites, too. I'd buy a figure of each of them. Who am I kidding - I'd buy any Pertwee figure! Even the cleaning lady and shower cap ones! Pertwee rules!!!
Back to top Go down

The 3rd Doctors Jackets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: