Calixar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

The Sarah Jane Adventures Empty
PostSubject: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 1:11 pm

It was a bit more "kiddie" than Who... but I liked it. It was light-hearted fun. Has it actually been picked up as a series?

And... uh... what sort of "rights reasons" could possibly be an issue when trying to view the website for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
dalekman
dalekman

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:34 pm

From what I've heard it will begin airing in the summer or fall, a ten episode series. I quite liked the pilot, despite the fact that it's obviously for the kiddies.

As far as the rights issue, I think it has to do with the fact that those of us outside the UK don't pay the television liscence fee that pays for the BBC content.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 6:40 pm

If that were the case, I should not be able to look at the Torchwood site, or series 2 of Life on Mars, or any number of other BBConline subsites.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Calixar wrote:
If that were the case, I should not be able to look at the Torchwood site, or series 2 of Life on Mars, or any number of other BBConline subsites.

I can view the Torchwood site... just not the video clips.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Okay, so, are video clips all that reside on the sja website, then?
Sorry, I'm just annoyed that I can see anything on that page but a "you're not in the UK, you don't get to see this site" message.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sja
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 10:18 pm

Calixar wrote:
It was a bit more "kiddie" than Who... but I liked it. It was light-hearted fun. Has it actually been picked up as a series?

And... uh... what sort of "rights reasons" could possibly be an issue when trying to view the website for it?

I thought it seemed more mature the Torchwood in many ways.

That web site restriction is annoying.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 6:29 pm

Updates or even shows for this series are certainly taking long enough to get aired. I was beginning to think this was going to be left as a simple one off story. Anyway, there is some news finally as it looks like Sarah will meet the Slitheen...

Raxacoricofallapatorians return for spin-off show.

Quote :
New CBBC series The Sarah Jane Adventures will feature the return of some familiar Doctor Who enemies when it debuts later this month.

The Slitheen, a family of scheming monsters first seen in Aliens of London / World War Three are back - and out for revenge.

Following on from a successful special screened on New Year's Day, the ten-part CBBC series stars Elisabeth Sladen as investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith. She'll be joined by young friends Maria and Luke plus new recruit Clyde.

"It's great to be back enjoying Sarah Jane with some fantastic new adventures," Sladen revealed to the BBC's in-house Ariel magazine. "There's still so much more to find out about her after all these years."

Executive Producer Davies added: "This is a wonderful opportunity, to use all our Doctor Who resources here in Cardiff for the making of a brand new drama for CBBC."

Davies also said he hoped that brand new viewers would be attracted to the 'full-blooded' adventure series.

Look out for the extensively updated Sarah Jane Adventures website, which will relaunch to coincide with the series.

Supposed to air sometime at the end of September, but I couldn't find an exact date anywhere.
Back to top Go down
dalekfan

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:53 pm

While I have enjoyed Torchwood, I don't think I shall ever be an actual Torchwood fan, in the way I am a Doctor Who fan. It is too....disturbing, and I don't really care about these people (characters) who make up the Torchwood team. The scripts are brilliant, and so it's lots of fun to watch, but the series has something slightly mean-spirited at its core....and Captain Jack is arrogant and conceited. I'd hate having him as a boss. NOW The Sarah Jane Adventures are an entirely different matter. I loved the pilot episode, have always loved the character of Sarah Jane Smith, and this series is MUCH closer to Doctor Who. You care about Sarah Jane, and Liz Sladen is just brilliant in that role. A Sarah Jane Adventures fan I already am! Like Doctor Who, I plan on recording every new Sarah Jane Adventures, and will await each one anxiously (and just hope there will be a Series 2). Torchwood I'll continue to watch, but I won't record it, and don't really care about rewatching it. To sum it all up......Captain Jack, a mildly interested yawn....Sarah Jane, a HUGE thumbs up!!!

Michael
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 4:08 pm

SEPTEMBER 25th is the slated airdate and in preparation they have taken the new site live. Some content is locked down until the 20th, but you certainly can look around it more than you ever could the Torchwood site. Link is below...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sja/

And how about a few thoughts from the man who was not only instrumental in bringing back the Doctor but one of the most loved companions of all time? As always link below with quoted story...

Russell T Davies explains Sarah Jane's enduring appeal.

Quote :
With the launch of series one of The Sarah Jane Adventures almost upon us, Russell T Davies reveals that even though she's been around since 1973, the character of Sarah Jane still holds a few surprises.

"Can you believe it's 34 years since we first saw Sarah Jane Smith on screen?," Executive Producer Russell told us. "And there's still so much to learn about the character. She's got a family now, which means carrying on the Doctor's legacy but having to look after others.

"Of course, the character's longevity is in no small part down to the brilliant Lis Sladen who knows Sarah Jane inside out," he added. "But the whole cast is amazing. And I can promise long-term fans of the show a few cheeky nods to the past."

The Sarah Jane Adventures begins its ten-week BBC One run at 5pm on Monday 24 September 2007. The first story, called Revenge Of The Slitheen, is written by The Shakespeare Code's Gareth Roberts.

Edited to add RTD story.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 am

Just watched the third episode... loved the Sontaran reference, especially considering Sarah Jane's history in the TARDIS!
Back to top Go down
work4dvd
work4dvd

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 3:00 am

I've watched the special (Bane) and the two Slitheen episodes.

I enjoyed the Bane episode to a certain extent--most likely because of the "neat-o" factor. The cameo by K-9 contributed to it. Yes, it felt like a kid's show, but I could appreciate it for what it was.

The two Slitheen episodes, however, seemed extremely juvenile and did not appeal to me at all. The Slitheen episodes of the first series (Aliens of London and WWIII) were the low point of that series. Bringing them back was goofy.

I'm not a huge fan of Torchwood (although I am looking forward to changes in series 2), but if the first two episodes of Sarah Jane are any indication, I'd rather watch Torchwood any day.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: The Sarah Jane Adventures   The Sarah Jane Adventures EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 11:49 pm

Give The Eye of the Gorgon a chance. I liked the first part.
I'm with you on the farting slug monsters. They were amusing in their first appearance, but I'm done with them now.
Back to top Go down

The Sarah Jane Adventures
Page 1 of 1